LRH Internet Rumor - Redemption of Scientology?

Discussion in 'L Ron Hubbard' started by LivingOne, Mar 13, 2013.

View Users: View Users
  1. LivingOne

LivingOne Patron

Just discovered this video while I was watching sea org horror stories on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Atyl-Bm9wvI

It is titled "Redemption of Scientology - L. Ron Hubbard's Hidden Book" - interesting video, to say the least (and a weird coincidence to find it on his birthday :omg:)

"Scientology is supposed to be based on truth but the truth is what's missing. Not anymore! In the 1960's, L. Ron Hubbard wrote a book called "The Present." It was kept hidden until December 21, 2012, because he knew people could not understand the truth of life until this date. This book is the real, hidden theology for Scientology; it replaces the science fiction and BS with truth and fact."

After some investigation, I found this "rumor" is showing up in Google searches. I wonder if this has been brought to the attention of people within the org and what they think about it.

Does anyone else know if this is legit? I'm going to check out this "book," hopefully it's worthwhile...

2. TG1

TG1 Angelic Poster

:hysterical:

3. SpecialFrog

SpecialFrog Silver Meritorious Patron

This book is apparently hosted at
    Code:
    truthcontest.com
    . The domain owner is using a privacy screen so unable to easily determine who owns the domain.

(wrapped in CODE so as not to include a live link to a site of unknown ownership and safety).

EDIT: The site is probably safe and likely not connected to the CoS.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
  4. SpecialFrog

I did a bit more checking. I really don't think this book has anything to do with Scientology.

The "rumour" only has a few sources on the web and they all use the same language about how they "keep hearing this rumour". Most likely all are associated with the site itself.

5. LivingOne

LivingOne Patron

I wonder why they are doing it? Maybe just to get some attention? Anyway, I'm really digging this "hidden book" so far, makes a lot of sense... there is no Scn lingo though, which makes me wonder why whoever started this "rumor" thinks people will buy into the story. :confused2:

6. ClearedSP

ClearedSP Patron with Honors

LRH was secretly into the Mayan calendar thing 40 or 50 years before anyone else?

[​IMG]

7. Lurker5

Lurker5 Gold Meritorious Patron

I did not watch the video - is this a joke? Isn't that vid the TC vid that went viral a few years back - ya know, the only a scno can do anything . . . (yeah, right Tommy-boy:eyeroll:)

Anyway, if this is real, I am :roflmao: And it is a made up lie, forgery, as scno/co$ is in deep shit these days, with all insiders/outsiders, general populations, finding out about the real horrors of the truth and reality of their so-called religion, so someone (wonder who . . .:whistling:) made this shit up to EXPLAIN away the dissonace and bullshit, and con folks back into the fold.

OR is it all just a Lulz on scno/co$ 'cause it is lrh's freaking birthday - sort of like an April Fools, only on the 13th of March . . .?

Oh well, if nothing else :bump2: :biggrin:

8. SpecialFrog

I think they are just trying to get some attention to their loopy project. They probably also figure that people with a history of involvement in Scientology might be the "seeker" type. And have a history of willingness to donate money. :)

9. MrCognition

MrCognition Patron

Knew I should had never watched this video while at work . . just threw up in my mouth. :melodramatic:

10. Lone Star

Lone Star Crusader

Get this over to Marty for analysis....stat!!!

11. Anonycat

Anonycat Crusader

12. LivingOne

LivingOne Patron

I've read the first 12 pages, and there actually are some concepts that explanations that are in line with the postulates of LRH. For example, one of the main ones:

from Scn org website: "Given the Scientology tenet that the body is mortal but the spirit is immortal... ...a reaffirmation of the knowledge that we are immortal spiritual beings."

from page 2 of "The Present" at www.truthcontest.com

"Immortality: "It is impossible to be conscious of being unconscious.”

It is not possible to be aware of being unconscious from your own perspective. You cannot be aware of not being aware. You can be less aware/conscious, such as when you are asleep, but not completely unconscious (dead), because time would stand still for you. A billion years could pass, and you would not know it.

How do you know you are dead? It is not possible to be aware of any gaps in life; it is continuous and never-ending from your own point of view.

Death and birth are a continuous event from your own perspective."

Last edited: Mar 14, 2013
  13. Gabriella

Gabriella Patron

Oh so someone else saw this too. I asked an ex-scientologist about it but they did not confirm anything.

14. Smackthis.

Smackthis. Patron

All will be revealed. Just do this basic course , and over time as you "learn'' and progress up , the Redemption will become clearer.

OK.Start!

15. AnonyMary

AnonyMary Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

This is a scam, I am certain of it. Nothing in The Present is anything like Hubbard's writing. Read it for yourself and see but in the early 1970's, they didn't have the internet, yet the book mentions the internet :eyeroll:

Here are some facts nd links

truthcontest.com has been around since 2007 .

Xavier Moutoux. one of the owners, talks about the purpose of the site in this radio interview (12 min) - with Diamond Dave from KFIV 1360 -
    I believe it is a few years old, before The Present was posted
    http://www.truthcontest.com/media/tcinterview2.mp3

They have a Facebook page with nearly 27,000 Likes
    https://www.facebook.com/TruthContest

This was posted last month
    https://www.facebook.com/TruthContest/posts/10151575219955499

Facebook:
    Michael Smith
    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/the-present-universal-truth/

There was no internet at the time Hubbard supposedly wrote this book.

Last paragraph and notes from the book:

http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/the-present-universal-truth/transition.html

:eyeroll:

16. Anonycat

Anonycat Crusader

This nonsense is somewhat like Hubbard, in that something completely made-up is trying to sound factual. "It is not possible to be aware of being unconscious." Wow, so when you're unconscious, it's as if you aren't even conscious. That's a fantastic.

"You cannot be aware of being aware." I think things like lucid dreaming are just that - becoming aware that you're dreaming - and until that moment, unaware.

"... but not completely unconscious (dead) because time would stand still for you." Yes, because you're dead. Time would not actually 'stand still', it would no longer apply to your corpse in any meaningful way, to the person previously alive.

17. MissWog

MissWog Silver Meritorious Patron

Oh goodie! The trolls are back :thankyou: And this time they brought us spam!
    A simple search for this bullshit website in ESMB will show the other postings about this wanna be cult..

People who read this board have knack for remembering..you guys are pretty stupid for thinking we can't tell by posting habits who has just changed their name and come back for more trolling.

Id post more about these liars but I'm on my iPad and on vacation in Paris taking a rest before dinner..if you are still trolling when I get home next week maybe I'll play some more.

18. SpecialFrog

Yeah, it's pretty obvious that the "rumours" all over the internet are poorly done astroturfing. Didn't realized they'd been trying it before here.

19. Lone Star

Lone Star Crusader

Be sure to tell the French that Texas is bigger than France. They just LOVE that!! They think it's such a hoot. You'll be a hit. :yes:

20. SpecialFrog

The YouTube video is gone:

That seems like it would apply to most real Scientology videos, though. :)