Luis and Rocio Garcia fraud lawsuit - new thread - Feb 2015 events

Discussion in 'Legal and Government Actions Involving Scientology' started by Free to shine, Feb 13, 2015.

View Users: View Users
  1. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

As this lawsuit is about to fire up again and other threads are tending towards related discussions, here is a new thread for the lawsuit's current events.

Tony Ortega writes:

Days before crucial hearing, Scientology pulls out a ghost to sway a federal judge

http://tonyortega.org/2015/02/13/da...gy-pulls-out-a-ghost-to-sway-a-federal-judge/

2. Free to shine

Comments from above article:

http://tonyortega.org/2015/02/13/da...t-to-sway-a-federal-judge/#comment-1851887757

http://tonyortega.org/2015/02/13/da...t-to-sway-a-federal-judge/#comment-1852056661

3. Free to shine

And here's an interesting one!

http://tonyortega.org/2015/02/13/da...t-to-sway-a-federal-judge/#comment-1852009154

4. Mimsey Borogrove

Mimsey Borogrove Crusader

I am trying to understand the catch 22 TXlawyer mentioned:
    If I understand this correctly, they have a civil contract that you sign (which is basically one sided and could be considered a unconscionable contract) before doing services (which hasn't been challenged on the legal scene as yet AFAIK) that they could drag into court and use against you, and being a civil document it can be attacked, whereas if it were a religious document it is defensible under the religious doctrine. Why is he saying it is a catch 22? Mimsey

on line free dictionary

Wiki

wiki / catch22 the book

5. freethinker

freethinker Crusader

According to the policies on Committees of Evidence, they are the only thing to be used to resolve disputes.

That would mean that on a CVB R/F that would be the very first step of the routing form.

I have a CVB routing form and no where in that form is a Committee of Evidence mentioned, let alone convened.

So Tikk hits closest in his opinion.

There shouldn't even be an arbitration system because Comm Evs are the rule in Scientology and they don't use them for refunds. Who ever got a Comm Ev for asking for a refund?

6. prosecco

prosecco Patron Meritorious

It's a good point, what distinguishes a civil contract from a religious one, but would suggest that if the church went down the road where they suggested that the contract the Garcia's signed, presumably the one before one starts services, was for religious purposes only, it would mean that there was absolutely zero legal force and would have the legal status of a Sea Org contract. It would then create a floodgates scenario which would potentially make it easier for people to claim a refund/repayment as one is removing that tier of contractual obligation.

7. Mimsey Borogrove

Mimsey Borogrove Crusader

And policy states the convening authority can reject the findings, which makes the whole thing a sham.

Hubbard was right about one thing - justice can't be trusted in the hands of men. A perfect example is the anti slapp in Mosey's case - the court is basing their decision on the documents presented to them by opposing lawyers, and have little actual information on the "existing" scene. If they knew for a fact Miscavage ran the show and was 99.99% the brains behind the stalking, they would allow him to be deposed.

Mimsey

8. freethinker

freethinker Crusader

I think what he means is what Lesley Hyman said just before everything went up to the appellate court and that is that they are either a religion or a business but they can't have it both ways, they can't sail two ships in the courtroom so they can abandon one in favor of the other and later reclaim the one they left when the other is in danger.

This is something so obvious to me but seems to elude the courts in that they claim religion as protection but business as an offense. How can you do that and not make the laws unequal for everyone else who cannot do the same?

9. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

From the Bunker this morning:

10. purple haze

purple haze Patron with Honors

Can anyone figure out what time to show up and show support for the Garcias tomorrow?

11. Leland

Leland Crusader

I don't have time to look now...(have to go out) but imagine one could go on Courthouse website and find out.....? But don't know which Court either....

12. Karen#1

Karen#1 Gold Meritorious Patron

The *CHERCH* hates, I repeat HATES public showing up.

You cannot even imagine the frothing in the mouth when Mike Bennit and Jeffrey Augustine were present at one of the Texas/Rathbun hearings. Perhaps they feel they are being watched. Wild animal reaction.

They crave privacy without write ups of what went on particularly since they LIE LIE LIE to the Courts, to the Judges and in deposition. So if you can attend, go for it !

Here's the address~
    Tampa Division

Sam M. Gibbons U.S. Courthouse
    801 North Florida Avenue
    Tampa, Florida 33602
    813-301-5400

Mark Middlebrook
    Division Manager

13. Free to shine

http://tonyortega.org/2015/02/17/on...garcias-fire-back-at-scientologys-bench-memo/
    Wow, that is some response from the Garcia team!

The thing is that it's logic and truth ...

A comment from T1kk:
    http://tonyortega.org/2015/02/17/on...t-scientologys-bench-memo/#comment-1859956683

14. ILove2Lurk

ILove2Lurk Lisbeth Salander

. . .
    Excerpt from today
    The memo also takes issue with the testimony of Mike Ellis, the reclusive “International Justice Chief”
    of the Church of Scientology (see photo), who asserted that arbitration had occurred under his watch,
    but then had to retract that statement “to avoid prosecution for perjury.”

Jan 19 claim

Scientology official suddenly discovers he weighs too much to fly for a deposition

http://tonyortega.org/2015/01/19/sci...-a-deposition/

The reclusive “International Justice Chief”

[​IMG] . . .[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. pkatz

pkatz Patron with Honors

1330 hrs room 13B district court for the middle district of fl 801 n. florida ave.

I was wrong about the time, which I got by calling the courthouse. Sorry if anyone missed the morning session because of me!

Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
  16. Knows

Knows Gold Meritorious Patron

Remember money dictates justice. If you have enough money - you can murder someone and walk away in the good ole USA.

Look at Vance Woodward getting nailed for attorney fees. WTF? I still don't get that one. He sues a church for fraud and false promises and pays their attorney fees.

The evidence is overwhelming out here in the WOG world that Scientology is a SCAM but the "show stays on the road" as long as Slappy has the dough to pay off the scum bag attorney's that would throw their own mother under a bus for a nickle.

The US justice system is corrupt just like the Church of Scientology. That is why they do business together and get all of that ecclesiastical work done!

I hope Luis and Rocio Garcia take this evil cult all the way to a jury trial. I hope they don't accept any settlement and make David Miscavige go before a jury and judge. He will get put in prison for life for crimes against humanity and that would be justice. All assets sold and everyone gets their money back. Burn all books, lectures and e-meters. All of Hubbards writings burn! Destroy Scientology completely.

17. Gib

Gib Crusader

I know what you saying Knows, it boggles the mind.

I don't think the US Justice system is corrupt. It boils down to laws and Rhetoric.

Our society and culture is built upon Rhetoric by Aristole. One can do a simple google search for law & rhetoric.

here's an example:

http://www.jstor.org/discover/10.2307/1599632?sid=21105889929873&uid=4&uid=3739256&uid=3739808&uid=2

18. Leland

Leland Crusader

How did Mike Ellis get that big on rice and beans?

Or, is there another menu for those at Int Base and HGB ?

attachment-2.jpg

19. AnonyMary

AnonyMary Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

I feel very bad for Vance because he deserved his money from his account.

The problem is that he represented himself and in that lost sight of the focus that the case needed. That is a common occurrence with attorneys who represent themselves. He was forced to pay the cult attorney fees because it was decided that his lawsuit contained to many attacks against the church and other things unrelated to his refund / repayment claim. See one of the Bunker's legal advisor's comment and what else Tony wrote about the dismissal.

Vance Woodward’s lawsuit dismissed as judge grants Scientology’s anti-SLAPP motion

http://tonyortega.org/2014/10/10/va...-judge-grants-scientologys-anti-slapp-motion/

Vance is one of my favorite exes and his book Addicted to Scientology: Overcoming the Ups & Downs of Scientoloholism was one of my favorite reads ( though seemingly out of print at the moment). I'll have to find out what up with that because I want everyone to read it. It was real, it was funny and it hit the nail on what Scientology does to people and what they did to him

20. Knows

Knows Gold Meritorious Patron

That is fascinating stuff.

I can't believe our society does not teach this in elementary school.

Had no clue about rhetoric writing - never heard of it before Scientology.

I wonder why? :whistling: