What's new

Marty Rathbun raises his head, and starts squawking

Status
Not open for further replies.

skep

Patron with Honors
He does a video, called "Intro" without any additional commentary, and allows no comments on his blog or YouTube.

It is clear that he has capitulated. We have no idea who he is talking to, but certainly it looks well produced. I leave it to the viewer to speculate who is behind it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
I had to stop listening when he was blabbering about the "Anti Scientology CULT"

No - Marty - we are not in a cult.

But you were and maybe still are.

You can take the guy out of Scientology but you can't take the Scientology out of the guy.

Is Marty doing his A-J? I think he took the gag money buy out from the cult of Scientology. If he did - he is a traitor of the worst kind.

Marty was at the top of the cult - a celebrity - so to speak...and he became famous when he left the cult and spoke out...

We watched him "Go Clear"

He seems confused again

Marty is used to CONTROLLING us lower toned beings...ex members, attorneys and documentary producers etc...Marty was Mr Big Balls in Scientology. Now he sells shit at Flea Markets.. Not that there is anything wrong with that - but he is still wearing the Hat of Mr Big Balls and is pissed no one is "following his every word" like they did in the CULT.

Power Corrupts! Marty had power. He has no power now - like he did.

He simply has not gotten his way...

WTF is he blabbering about? Anyone know?

Last edited:

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
VIDEO: Mark "Marty" Rathbun returns to address issue of Scientology.

VIDEO: Mark "Marty" Rathbun returns to address issue of Scientology.

This appears to be the first of a series for videos. Comments are closed.

Marty says a troika are: (1) the leaders of the Anti-Scientology Cult (ASC); (2) doing it for profit; and, thus, (3) are the only "farmers" of the ASC. Marty does not name them. He says each member of the Troika believes they are the leader.

Marty also that Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief, by Lawrence Wright and the subsequent documentary by Alex Gibney are the "Bible" of the ASC. Marty ends the video by saying that he will therefore address them first.

[video=youtube;ZFJdOhV29WM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFJdOhV29WM[/video]

grey crane

sp in training
Not very familiar with Marty Rathbun other than his appearance in videos, but this looks like one of three things to me.

1. He's got his panties in a wad.
2. He's drinking the the Kool-Aid again.
3. A combination of 1 and 2.

Or did he get a pocket full of cash and agree to do some videos?

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Damn it, I really regret I didn't post this thread first. And, no, not for some stupid competitive reason. I just prefer my thread title - "VIDEO: Mark "Marty" Rathbun returns to address issue of Scientology." More Googleable.

Boson Wog Stark

Patron Meritorious
Re: VIDEO: Mark "Marty" Rathbun returns to address issue of Scientology

Marty says Wright wrote GOING CLEAR for money. You mean he didn't write it to clear the planet and save mankind before it's too late?

Of course Wright wrote it for money. He's a professional writer and writes books for a living. If Marty had read Wright's previous books he'd see that Scientology is right down his alley. Being the meticulous researcher that he is, Wright selects projects which he finds interesting enough to spend months on, and that he thinks readers will find informative, fascinating and thought-provoking.

It is Scientology's line that anyone who is critical of the cult and writing about their experiences, or in the case of Leah, hosting a show about other people's experiences and that they are "just" doing it for the money. And everyone else, the people who read the books, blogs, or watch the shows, are in a cult now? That's silly.

What Tony writes on his blog may affect my thinking about Scientology but it doesn't control my life. I'm not going up any bridge to total freedom. It's just a really good place to find some damn good stories about the cult.

Calling GOING CLEAR the bible of the ASC is lame. Like most critics, I read GOING CLEAR once. I don't read it, or study it, or quote it regularly. I think it was a good book and a pleasure to read, but I think it would be an even better book for people who don't know a lot about Scientology to read. When I didn't know much about Scientology, Miller's book was the mind blower when I read it.

I guess Marty will get around to splaining how GOING CLEAR is a bible in later videos. If this is what Marty is being made to do by Scientology for something they gave him in return, well, that's about the only thing that makes sense.

What, now the video is gone? Marty made you delete it or was it someone in the troika?

Free Being Me

Crusader
What's up with you Marty pounding sand with the OSA spawned "ASC" label? Methinks you've lost the plot. $cientology is the cult, you confused drama instigating drongo. What little credibility you earned among Ex's is flushing down the toilet fast with your repeated character smearing silliness. GTFO with your numpty flip-flop bullshit and get on with living life leaving decent folks alone. Ex's, Critics, and Whistle-blowers aren't the "enemy." End rant. :biggrin:

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
I'm glad it's a short video.

It's really obvious to me that someone has given him a 'conspiracy explanation' that soothes his soul and makes sense of whatever happened to him even if it's delusional.
And he intends to make that conspiracy of "the big three" known. That is OSA 101.

He talks of "sheep" and Going Clear as the ex scientologist's "bible", what utter and complete crap that is. He negates any and every genuine account of what happened to other people in scientology and especially those accounts that date decades before the book.

What an evil thing scientology is that so warps a mind.

guanoloco

As-Wased
Wait! What? I'm still in a cult?

Awwww...that's bullshit. How's my post count look? Is it Thursday before 2?

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
Now all he has to do is realize that what he just conveyed is HIS narrative.

Yep, and he's sticking to it and ignores anything different. But, is HE now doing this for money??? Is the bigger question.

By the way, I agree with his early comments on the mimesis phenomenon and click-bait culture. It's part of the echo-chamber scenario that anyone on Social Media can experience.

grey crane

sp in training
Does someone need to send this to Mr. Rathbun to remind him what a cult is?

Members are not allowed to grow intellectually.

Members are not allowed to ask questions of the leadership.

Members are required to follow harsh, legalistic rules.

Outsiders are viewed with skepticism.

Exiting the church is difficult and may be met with threats.

Absolute authoritarianism without meaningful accountability.

No tolerance for questions or critical inquiry.

No meaningful financial disclosure regarding budget, expenses such as an independently audited financial statement.

Unreasonable fear about the outside world, such as impending catastrophe, evil conspiracies and persecutions.

There is no legitimate reason to leave, former followers are always wrong in leaving, negative or even evil.

Former members often relate the same stories of abuse and reflect a similar pattern of grievances.

There are records, books, news articles, or television programs that document the abuses of the group/leader.

Followers feel they can never be "good enough".

The group/leader is always right.

The group/leader is the exclusive means of knowing "truth" or receiving validation, no other process of discovery is really acceptable or credible.

Extreme obsessiveness regarding the group/leader resulting in the exclusion of almost every practical consideration.

Individual identity, the group, the leader and/or God as distinct and separate categories of existence become increasingly blurred. Instead, in the follower's mind these identities become substantially and increasingly fused--as that person's involvement with the group/leader continues and deepens.

Whenever the group/leader is criticized or questioned it is characterized as "persecution".

Uncharacteristically stilted and seemingly programmed conversation and mannerisms, cloning of the group/leader in personal behavior.

Dependency upon the group/leader for problem solving, solutions, and definitions without meaningful reflective thought. A seeming inability to think independently or analyze situations without group/leader involvement.

Hyperactivity centered on the group/leader agenda, which seems to supercede any personal goals or individual interests.

A dramatic loss of spontaneity and sense of humor.

Increasing isolation from family and old friends unless they demonstrate an interest in the group/leader.

Anything the group/leader does can be justified no matter how harsh or harmful.

Former followers are at best-considered negative or worse evil and under bad influences. They can not be trusted and personal contact is avoided.

The group displays excessively zealous and unquestioning commitment to its leader and (whether he is alive or dead) regards his belief system, ideology, and practices as the Truth, as law.

‪Questioning, doubt, and dissent are discouraged or even punished.

‪Mind-altering practices (such as meditation, chanting, speaking in tongues, denunciation sessions, and debilitating work routines) are used in excess and serve to suppress doubts about the group and its leader(s).

‪The leadership dictates, sometimes in great detail, how members should think, act, and feel (for example, members must get permission to date, change jobs, marry�or leaders prescribe what types of clothes to wear, where to live, whether or not to have children, how to discipline children, and so forth).

‪The group is elitist, claiming a special, exalted status for itself, its leader(s) and members (for example, the leader is considered the Messiah, a special being, an avatar�or the group and/or the leader is on a special mission to save humanity).

‪The group has a polarized us-versus-them mentality, which may cause conflict with the wider society.

‪The leader is not accountable to any authorities (unlike, for example, teachers, military commanders or ministers, priests, monks, and rabbis of mainstream religious denominations).

‪The group teaches or implies that its supposedly exalted ends justify whatever means it deems necessary. This may result in members' participating in behaviors or activities they would have considered reprehensible or unethical before joining the group (for example, lying to family or friends, or collecting money for bogus charities).

‪The leadership induces feelings of shame and/or guilt iin order to influence and/or control members. Often, this is done through peer pressure and subtle forms of persuasion.

‪Subservience to the leader or group requires members to cut ties with family and friends, and radically alter the personal goals and activities they had before joining the group.

‪The group is preoccupied with bringing in new members.

‪The group is preoccupied with making money.

‪Members are expected to devote inordinate amounts of time to the group and group-related activities.

‪Members are encouraged or required to live and/or socialize only with other group members.

‪The most loyal members feel there can be no life outside the context of the group. They believe there is no other way to be, and often fear reprisals to themselves or others if they leave (or even consider leaving) the group.

arcxcauseblows

Patron Meritorious
This is just a teaser he's the one trolling

Is he talking to Larry or Louie?

Also don't whine some documentary maker didn't let you be the editor you have a camera and a YouTube account make your own movie

He tries to control pr like the church, no don't do that, make my movie not yours!

His new movie should be called pkb and how an ex Scientology exec can't undo his brainwashing

Disconnecting, name calling, conspiracies, attempting to control the press, he's still acting like a sheep/ scientologist

Marty if you're reading this I still love you keep trolling the path less trolled

Hate the game not the players

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

WTF is he blabbering about? Anyone know?

ANSWER: Mimesis

BACKGROUND DATA: It has something to do with mimicry, wherein "sheep" say/think whatever their lead sheep says/thinks.

ETHICAL ETYMOLOGY: Mimesis finds its origins in word "mimeo". Let me make up a sentence to ensure I have received total conceptual understanding: "Hey Marty, the mimeo machine has broken down, should we use telexes after we declare and fair game the AMC[SUP]*[/SUP]?"

Yeah, okay, I feel good about it.

[SUP]*[/SUP] AMC -noun: 1. abbv. Anti-Mimeo-Cult. 2. The group of low-toned haters responsible for the 100% working mimeo machine to not work.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
So....

...anyone want to guess who the three people are who make up the "troyka"?

:p

Yes, I'll take a shot...

Larry Wright, Leah Remini, and Tony Ortega. :yes:

Larry wrote the Bible so he's in.

And Leah and Tony are doing as much damage to the CoS as anyone right now, so I believe they will named as the other two. :thumbsup:

EDIT to add:

oh, and of course they're getting their funding from Big Pharma and the Psych's. :omg::coolwink::biggrin:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Since there doesn't actually happen to be an ASC Cult, what would Marty's purpose be in this series of videos?

Given the timing, I'd say maybe it's an attempt to distract the attention of media outlets from the CRIMES that Leah and Mike are about to expose.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
So....

...anyone want to guess who the three people are who make up the "troyka"?

:p

I started nulling the list but then my e-meter ran out of charge.

So far, I can confidently state that LRH is not part of the troika.

Besides the meter not reading, Ron merely was the terminal that brought salvation technology to this prison planet. it is assuredly not his fault that others besmirched his good name/reputation by sabotaging the workable tech with crap.

I think it is time for Marty to re-issue his ODE TO L. RON HUBBARD; possibly as a limited edition to sell on eBay in order to raise money for the revolution.

Brothers & Sisters, Marty has the most important message of our time.

RESIST!!!

He will let us know later who/what to resist. Whatever it is, I am sure it is going to turn this planet around!

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Yes, I'll take a shot...

Larry Wright, Leah Remini, and Tony Ortega. :yes:

Larry wrote the Bible so he's in.

And Leah and Tony are doing as much damage to the CoS as anyone right now, so I believe they will named as the other two. :thumbsup:

EDIT to add:

oh, and of course they're getting their funding from Big Pharma and the Psych's. :omg::coolwink::biggrin:

OK, after getting my caffeine up to safe levels I realized that Lawrence Wright, even though he wrote the ASC Bible, will NOT be part of this troika.

So I withdraw his name and in his place add in Mike Rinder! :yes:

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
Just outta curiosity (not CDEI :eyeroll:) I want to see the Marty follow up videos to this Intro.

(Keep them on this thread for convenience?)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.