What's new

Marty Rathbun & Warren McShane- Where are they?

Vittorio

Patron Meritorious
These two have been confirmed missing.

I don't think they are dead, I am fairly certain that Rathbun is still alive, but in a semi-conscious state.

There was an internet posting some time ago stating that several International Governments had offered them safety?

Both of these individuals were part and parcel of the criminal side of Scientology and Rathbun is named by several ex-members as being an individual who sec-checked them in an unethical manner (Robert Dam is one for example).

Feel free to bring on the conspiracy theories...

Div6

Crusader

I don't think they are dead, I am fairly certain that Rathbun is still alive, but in a semi-conscious state.

There was an internet posting some time ago stating that several International Governments had offered them safety?

Both of these individuals were part and parcel of the criminal side of Scientology and Rathbun is named by several ex-members as being an individual who sec-checked them in an unethical manner (Robert Dam is one for example).

Per the Scientology Secret closing agreement with the IRS

:

"c. Individual CTCC members. The individual members of the CTCC are David Miscavige, Norman Starkey, Mark Rathbun and Heber Jentzsch. No individual member of the CTCC shall be permitted to withdraw from service on the CTCC, except by reason of death, being adjudicated an incompetent, or by mutual agreement of the parties to this Agreement."

It seems though, that the CTCC is of limited duration....

"H. "Transition period" means taxable years 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998 and 1999."

So it may be that his being a member of the CTCC is moot.

barky

Patron with Honors
Sorry, way off topic, but I have to say: Wow, I never saw that before.

Another goody in that little document:

Actions of CTCC. David Miscavige will act as the initial Chairman of the CTCC. He may be removed from this office and replaced by another individual CTCC member by majority vote of the CTCC members. The CTCC shall promptly notify the Service of any change in the Chairmanship. The Chairman may act on behalf of the CTCC, and bind the CTCC, except where a specific provision of this Agreement requires the action of more than one CTCC member.

Only applies to this little Scn tax committee, and the seven years has ended, but I find that curious.

Costs of Compliance with Agreement. The Church Signatories, Individual CTCC members, Corporate CTCC members, and At-large CTCC members shall, solely at their own cost, perform and discharge all of the obligations and duties and exercise all rights under this Agreement, For example, no set off is available against any penalty asserted under section VI. paragraph C. 1. by reason of such costs. The Service shall at its own cost perform and discharge all of the obligations and duties and exercise all rights under this Agreement.

Does this mean that Miscavige, et al, actually had personal financial liabilities if this agreement wasn't met in some form?

Some of hte other Scn "entities" listed in this agreement are odd, too:

FSO Oklahoma Investments Corporation

SOR Services (UK) Ltd.

SOR Services Ltd. (Cyprus)

Transcorp Services S.A.

San Donato Properties Corporation

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire

It doesn't sound like you are speaking loosely, as in "He's a Scientologist so he must be semi-conscious". To me, "fairly certain" implies actual knowledge rather than a vague opinion based on sheer guesswork.

Again, Vittorio, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Or in this case, at least some plausible background.

If you are trying to be credible, you should give some more information. Otherwise it looks like you are making this kind of stuff up in an attempt to look more knowledgeable than you are. Or worse.

Paul

Vittorio

Patron Meritorious
dulloldfart,

I have never known McShane or Rathbun personally. I do suspect that Rathbun is on medication which may put him in a semi-conscious state. It was 2nd hand data- I was actually hoping that a Qual terminal or some blown staff member from Int could confirm this.

They must have surfaced somewhere and several people will obviously know of their whereabouts. I made a statement previously that members of the Church who leave and were part to all the unusual acts are less likely to report them. Marty & McShane may be better off just dissapearing.

VIT

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)

who has done the "confirming"? and what would you mean by "missing"?

That people on ARS or OCMB don't know where they are does not mean that either of them are "missing" in any sort of legal sense. Most of the people I have seen squawking about it don't even know who they are and wouldn't know them if they had moved in next door.

Where does this little piece of "information" come from? Unless you have some real sources (which I doubt) this sounds like something dreamed up in a moment of wishful thinking.

This was purportedly announced by Graeme Berry but I have never seen anything that actually verified it.

What information do you have that backs up what you say other than reading what others may have posted? While they certainly were part and parcel of RTC and the ridiculous shenanigans of that pathetic bunch of wannabes I am not sure what you are trying to imply.

Vittorio

Patron Meritorious
I am trying to imply that at least one of the two may have been or is in danger and may need assistance.

People do not go missing unless someone reports it. They have either routed out or blow the Sea Org. I believe they took the first option.

My data is 2nd hand (regarding Marty and the medication) which is why I am looking for verification. If legal action came down on Daveys head, then these two guys would more than likely be required in some legal manner. Now they are not around.

Regardless of what they have done, most of, if not all of us know how deeply unethical the Church has become and the upsets caused when members are 'disposed' of. If I was in their shoes, I would hope there were people out there looking for me.

Shortly before I left the shitty living conditions and the crappy food, I thought if I had stayed I would die there and I knew that the only 'help' I was given by scios was in order to keep me there producing and not to cough anything up on the outside world which may cause bad PR.

Vittorio

Terril park

Sponsor
I have good contacts re london Org. I was on staff there and know several who have left recently. Vittorio appears to know at least as much as I. He has also not posted anything that I know to be false. Not that I know everything.

VITTORIO
My data is 2nd hand (regarding Marty and the medication) which is why I am looking for verification. If legal action came down on Daveys head, then these two guys would more than likely be required in some legal manner. Now they are not around.

BB
It has been stated they have both devorced on ARS and If I recall with good verification.

That Marty is on medication does not imply semi conciousness unless you have more specifics. Statins for example do not produce semi conciousness.

I've heard a third hand rumour that their disappearence may be connected to legal reasons. I don't think well on legal areas. Maybe others can comment.

Whitedove

Patron Meritorious
To me, this is a heary subject. Someone like Marty Rathburn that disappear just like that?! :wtf:

I find it so so saddening and heartbreaking that some Scientologists seems to just have never existed with this freakin psychotic church. :screwy:

My heart goes to those that have a love one 'in' and wondering if something happens to that person you might never know. I feel so powerless about this. :sad:
Since I have children and one of them was almost recruited for the SO but I got mad and pissed so they did leave her alone, I do know abit how that would feel like. I remember totally panicking at the idea of my daughter going far away and in the SO without me there. And she was 14 than! She wanted to go cause of course they knew what buttons to push (help). You didnt see me get totally pissed. Thank goodness I did stand my ground on this. There was NO FREAKING way I would of let her go there.

Ok, my blood pressure just went up!
Hopefully, the truth will come out eventually.
How can they treat people like this and get away with it over and over and over again is beyond me.
I wonder what kind of power they have behind the scene
*sigh*

Little Bear Victor

Silver Meritorious Patron
Some facts on the matter:

Marty Rathbun blew, to my recollection in 2003. He was D/IG at the time.

Warren McShane is (or was, in the end of 2006) the guy in charge (not in it, but charged with it's activities) of the Hall (SP Room) at Int. His post was Internal Exec RTC, in my belief the highest post currently held in RTC. (COB's Office is considered a separate entity from RTC proper, at least internally, so they don't count here). He has not disappeared, except from the RTC website. He's one of the last loyals. But, as with anyone else, his luck could turn any moment. He was recently divorced. He has a son and a daughter, both of whom are on the Int Base, a likely factor in why he wants to stay there. He looked grey in complexion the last I saw him.

These are not rumors. These are first-hand observations.

I hope Warren thinks about his life and his future when he lays down to sleep at night. I really do.

V

Little Bear Victor

Silver Meritorious Patron
Chuck Beatty said he was working in the Flag mill in the last few years. Is that true? Or is he actually gone from the SO?

Other rumors say he's dead.

Don't know.

Last I ever heard of Marty was in TC's Flag graduation speech when he completed, I think OT V. (If anyone has a collection of old Source mags I'm sure the graduation date can be verified). In his speech TC thanked his auditor, Marty Rathbun. That was after I had not seen him on the base for a year or so.

Next time I asked someone at Int "whatever happened to Mr. Rathbun" I was told he had blown.

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
Happy New Year - It is now 2014. Update - Warren McShane gave a Deposition of LIES in the Monique Rathbun lawsuit which was disclosed on Tony Ortega's Blog last week. He is still in and the President, CEO and Deputy General whatever of RTC - he is too far gone because he lied in a sworn deposition. He will be in the HOLE this week, if anyone is curious about his whereabouts! Marty Rathbun did blow and he is now delivering blow after blow after blow to Captain David Miscavige. He is not on drugs and is very aware and doing quite well - remarried and a new child. Marty now KNOWS the whole truth about the entire Hubbard and Scientology scam!! He is doing something about it and Marty may just be Captain David Miscavige's Achilles heal! Marty and Mike will be the ones that will take down Miscavige - get him kicked out of the cult and put him in prison for life!! He, along with Mike Rinder, have evidence that Scientologist's lie all the time and Captain David Miscavige does run everything in the Church of Scientology!! Tick ...fricken Tock! :happydance: