Meeting of all hoods, gangs and Nation of Islam at Scientology Community Center in LA

Discussion in 'Nation of Islam and Related Groups' started by CommunicatorIC, Jul 17, 2016.

View Users: View Users
  1. CommunicatorIC

CommunicatorIC @IndieScieNews on Twitter

Meeting of All Hoods, Gangs, Sets and Nation of Islam at Church of Scientology Community Center in Los Angeles.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

UPDATE:

Los Angeles Times: Rappers Snoop Dogg and the Game to meet with L.A. gangs in an effort to stop killings

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-rappers-gangs-meeting-20160717-snap-story.html

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

Hip-hop artist the Game urged gang members from across Southern California on Sunday to stop the violence in the midst of the national focus on the recent police shootings of African-American men.

The Game, whose real name is Jayceon Terrell Taylor, told the hundreds gathered for a town-hall style meeting at a South Los Angeles community center that he was pushing a positive message because one day, he hopes his daughter will be able to walk the streets “a little safer.”

“Your life should mean more to you,” he told the crowd. “Your life should mean more to you than what you’re showing.”

Minister Tony Muhammad, who helped organize the event, said it’s time for the black community to unite for peace.

In an Instagram post before the meeting, Game extended his invitation “to all CRIPS, BLOODS, ESE's & all other gang members, major figures & GANG LEADERS from every hood in our city as well as the surrounding cities to our meeting,” the rapper wrote in an Instagram post.

The event, billed “Time To Unite: United Hoods + Gangs Nation,” was supported by Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan, according to advertisements. It was held at a Church of Scientology center in the Vermont Knolls neighborhood. Rapper Snoop Dogg, who was billed as a co-host of the event, did not attend.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

UPDATE:

The Olympian - The Latest: Big crowd attends rapper's anti-violence summit

http://www.theolympian.com/entertainment/celebrities/article90167707.html

[​IMG]

People attend the "Time To Unite: United Hoods + Gangs Nation," a community summit organized by rappers The Game and Snoop Dogg, at the Church of Scientology Community Center in South Los Angeles with local gang members to discuss ways to curb violence Sunday, July 17, 2016. The Game put the word out on social media, inviting leaders of the Crips, Bloods and other street gangs to come together at a town hall-style meeting. Richard Vogel AP Photo

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
  2. guanoloco

guanoloco As-Wased

Re: Meeting of all hoods, gangs and Nation of Islam at Scientology Community Center i

How upstat.

3. arcxcauseblows

arcxcauseblows Patron Meritorious

Re: Meeting of all hoods, gangs and Nation of Islam at Scientology Community Center i

Future osa slaves

They will make the best future whistle blowers and protestors

4. WildKat

WildKat Gold Meritorious Patron

5. guanoloco

guanoloco As-Wased

[​IMG]

I said take the mothafuckin OCA, bitch!!

Last edited: Jul 17, 2016
  6. DagwoodGum

DagwoodGum Goodby Goodluck

Maybe they're eyeing the COS billions as an easy takeover heist.
    After all, if a dwarf could pull it off, it won't be that difficult.
    Just position oneself to be in the right place at the right time...
    They would know with certainty that he can't live forever and his billion year contract is a joke.
    If not for the money why else would they be there, for touch assists?

Last edited: Jul 17, 2016
  7. strativarius

strativarius Comfortably Numb

In risu veritas.

8. Little David

Little David Silver Meritorious Patron

[​IMG]

Los Angeles Police Chief Charlie Beck, middle, holds hands with The Game, left, and Nation of Islam minister Tony Mohammed, right, wearing a bow tie, and other community leaders during "Time To Unite: United Hoods + Gangs Nation," a community summit organized by rappers The Game and Snoop Dogg, in South Los Angeles with local gang members to discuss ways to curb violence, at the Church of Scientology Community Center, Sunday, July 17, 2016.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/cr...-Game-Snoop-Dogg-organize-LA-gang-8382991.php

9. WildKat

They get some brownie points for that, definitely.

10. CommunicatorIC

UPDATE - Los Angeles Times: Rappers Snoop Dogg and the Game to meet with L.A. gangs in an effort to stop killings

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-rappers-gangs-meeting-20160717-snap-story.html

Hip-hop artist the Game urged gang members from across Southern California on Sunday to stop the violence in the midst of the national focus on the recent police shootings of African-American men.

The Game, whose real name is Jayceon Terrell Taylor, told the hundreds gathered for a town-hall style meeting at a South Los Angeles community center that he was pushing a positive message because one day, he hopes his daughter will be able to walk the streets “a little safer.”

“Your life should mean more to you,” he told the crowd. “Your life should mean more to you than what you’re showing.”

Minister Tony Muhammad, who helped organize the event, said it’s time for the black community to unite for peace.

In an Instagram post before the meeting, Game extended his invitation “to all CRIPS, BLOODS, ESE's & all other gang members, major figures & GANG LEADERS from every hood in our city as well as the surrounding cities to our meeting,” the rapper wrote in an Instagram post.

The event, billed “Time To Unite: United Hoods + Gangs Nation,” was supported by Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan, according to advertisements. It was held at a Church of Scientology center in the Vermont Knolls neighborhood. Rapper Snoop Dogg, who was billed as a co-host of the event, did not attend.

11. CommunicatorIC

I want to make something clear. I don't think there is anything wrong with what is described in the OP. Even at my most cynical and critical, I think the idea that the Church of Scientology and/or Nation of Islam are trying to unite the gangs for some nefarious purpose, to create an army, to have enforcers, etc., is paranoid, tinfoil hat, non-falsifiable conspiracy nuttery.

No, what the Church of Scientology is doing is far more significant, and (at least from the perspective of critics of Scientology) far more dangerous. The Church of Scientology is intelligently playing the long game. (This is similar to what I said in the thread on the Church of Scientology's opposition to Kate's law.) The Church of Scientology is investing in reputational capital, creating goodwill and forging alliances -- in this case not primarily with the gangs or the Nation of Islam (which is already in its pocket), but with the LAPD and elected officials. In addition, the Church of Scientology is getting good press out of this. When is that last time anyone could say that??

12. CommunicatorIC

The Olympian - The Latest: Big crowd attends rapper's anti-violence summit

http://www.theolympian.com/entertainment/celebrities/article90167707.html

[​IMG]

People attend the "Time To Unite: United Hoods + Gangs Nation," a community summit organized by rappers The Game and Snoop Dogg, at the Church of Scientology Community Center in South Los Angeles with local gang members to discuss ways to curb violence Sunday, July 17, 2016. The Game put the word out on social media, inviting leaders of the Crips, Bloods and other street gangs to come together at a town hall-style meeting. Richard Vogel AP Photo

13. WildKat

I agree. I don't expect the warm fuzzy feelings to last too long though.

(And where are the BLM reps?)

14. Little David

I had hoped for better from LA Sheriff Baca's replacement than mimicking Baca's blind promotion of NOI and Scientology.

(Beck is not Baca's replacement as CommunicatorIC pointed out in his post below, he is LA City Police Chief not LA County Sheriff.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Has Los Angeles Police Chief Charlie Beck taken over Baca's job of being a cult shill for NOI and Scientology?

15. WildKat

There's nothing wrong with groups who seem to have little in common coming together to talk about peace. Seems harmless. Gives brownie points to all. And no doubt DM will stand up at the next meeting and try to give all the credit to the glorious Tek for defusing a volatile situation....whether the cult had anything to do with it other than providing the venue.

16. CommunicatorIC

The rapper The Game has a new Instagram post up. It is very significant that the Bloods - Crips 2016 Peace Treaty and Ceasefire Agreement dated July 17, 2016 lists as its sponsors the Church of Scientology, The Way to Happiness Foundation and United in Peace Foundation (a front group of the Way to Happiness front group), as well as the Nation of Islam.

Seriously, don't kid yourself about the significance of this or try to minimize it to make yourself feel better. This is important.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BH-403ig-HA/?taken-by=losangelesconfidential&hl=en

14.4k likes
    37m
    losangelesconfidential We each have to take the initiative to create change within ourselves before we can ask anyone else to do so..... I am responsible for myself & I offer my hand to anybody from anywhere to shake it...... I LOVE ALL MY BROTHERS & I want you to LIVE homie..... If you feel the same way, reach out & extend your hand to someone & let's alter our futures one person at a time !!!!! I signed it 1st......... The opportunity to save lives is yours too if you want it....... OUR CHILDRENS FUTURE IS AT STAKE #HUNTmovement #LosAngeles #JusticeOrElse #NationOfIslam #CityOfRefuge #UnitedInPeaceFoundation #TheWayToHappiness #Crip #Blood #Ese #CeaseFire #BlackAndBrownPride [TAG SOMEONE IN THIS POST & LET THEM SEE WE ARE TOGETHER & THEIR LIVES MATTER TO US AS WELL]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

17. CommunicatorIC

Los Angeles City Police Department Chief Charlie Beck is not the replacement for former Los Angeles County Sheriff Baca. The Los Angeles County Sheriff is now Jim McDonnell.

18. Little David

Thanks for correcting my mistake.

19. CommunicatorIC

Notice the backdrop.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/cr...-Game-Snoop-Dogg-organize-LA-gang-8382991.php

[​IMG]

Image 1 of 6
    Los Angeles Police Chief Charlie Beck, middle, holds hands with The Game, left, and Nation of Islam minister Tony Mohammed, right, wearing a bow tie, and other community leaders during "Time To Unite: United Hoods + Gangs Nation," a community summit organized by rappers The Game and Snoop Dogg, in South Los Angeles with local gang members to discuss ways to curb violence,at the Church of Scientology Community Center, Sunday, July 17, 2016.

[​IMG]

Image 6 of 6
    The Game, left, shakes hands with Los Angeles Police Chief Charlie Beck during "Time To Unite: United Hoods + Gangs Nation," a community summit organized by rappers The Game and Snoop Dogg, at the Church of Scientology Community Center in South Los Angeles with local gang members to discuss ways to curb violence, Sunday, July 17, 2016. The Game put the word out on social media, inviting leaders of the Crips, Bloods and other street gangs to come together at a town hall-style meeting.

20. WildKat

Re: Meeting of all hoods, gangs and Nation of Islam at Scientology Community Cente

It's commendable that any gang member would sign a pledge to non-violence and respect. That's awesome. What remains to be seen is how many gang members will sign it. Also what is your take on why/how this is so significant or important?

Would need more info re: how many will sign and, even IF signed, follow the pledge, and how will that translate to an improvement in gang crime statistics? That remains to be seen.