What's new

Melbourne Idle Org Opening announcement

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
melb-email2.jpg

If anyone down Melbourne way can make it, go for it!

Take some of those picket signs with the real Loooooooooong pole handles so they will be clearly visible to everyone attending even if they are behind barriers.

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
:thumbsup: And a "Where Are The RPF'ers" sign.

There is no RPF in Melbourne although I'm sure all the OTs from Sydney will be there (especially if DM turns up) and they all know about the RPF in Sydney.

But thats not really the button in Melbourne.

Come to think of it I'm not sure what melbourne's button is.

Hang on....

Wait a munute.....

I know! I KNOW!!!

They all LOOOVE Andrew Rinder and were very proud that Miker Rinder was from Melbourne. Also they all LOOOVE Larry Anderson who popped into Melbourne Org years ago to say "hi".

I bet most of them don't know these fellows have blown. A few "Why did Mike Rinder/Larry Anderson leave the Church of Scientology" signs might be in order.

Free Being Me

Crusader
There is no RPF in Melbourne although I'm sure all the OTs from Sydney will be there (especially if DM turns up) and they all know about the RPF in Sydney.

But thats not really the button in Melbourne.

Come to think of it I'm not sure what melbourne's button is.

Hang on....

Wait a munute.....

I know! I KNOW!!!

They all LOOOVE Andrew Rinder and were very proud that Miker Rinder was from Melbourne. Also they all LOOOVE Larry Anderson who popped into Melbourne Org years ago to say "hi".

I bet most of them don't know these fellows have blown. A few "Why did Mike Rinder/Larry Anderson leave the Church of Scientology" signs might be in order.

Thanks Emma, I didn't know there isn't an RFP in Melbourne. Go get them AUSSIES!!! :guyfawkes:

Last edited:

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
LARRY ANDERSON BLEW
WHY DON'T YOU

THE IAS TURNED
YOUR BRIDGE
INTO *THAT*??

GET GOOD TECH
NOT IAS DRECK

THE CAEK IS A LIE
FREEZONE HAS PIE

ALL THOSE SMILES
ARE THEY FOR CAROL MILES

haiqu

Patron Meritorious

DM is unlikely to attend the reopening of an obscure, pissant org like Melbourne. And if he ever comes to Australia, surely he would restrict his travels to the one area where there's a SO base (Sydney).

Considering I'm still in good standing and haven't heard any of this through official lines, I'd say it should be a very quiet affair indeed. In fact even the official Scn Mel website doesn't mention the event.

Might go on the remote chance of seeing the mighty midget in action, but grumbling because I haven't had time to drill R2-45 recently.

Last edited:

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
The odds of Miscavige attending are VERY long but not impossible.
I'd say they're about the same as the odds on Melbourne Org ever really becoming Ideal.

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
DM's opened every Idle Morgue so far but I'm not sure he'll come to this as Melbourne still don't have their full quota of staff for the orgs.

From the promo that's been leaked to me, I don't see this happening as they just don't have the resources and all the other orgs in Oz and surrounds aren't doing very well anyway.

Still, His Most Supreme Dickwittedness may get JT to take him over here for a quick visit - probably have the plane on standby at Tullamarine Airport ready to go in case those horrid Melbanons start their rowdy protests and ruin His speech and He has to run for cover back to the DeathWinds.

Might have to pay a visit back down to Melbourne for all of this - could be fun. :yes:

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Looks like a good International media event to attend,

i might go just to see

:notworthy:
:nazi:

.:bowdown: :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: :bullshit: :innocent2:

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
DM is unlikely to attend the reopening of an obscure, pissant org like Melbourne. And if he ever comes to Australia, surely he would restrict his travels to the one area where there's a SO base (Sydney).

Considering I'm still in good standing and haven't heard any of this through official lines, I'd say it should be a very quiet affair indeed. In fact even the official Scn Mel website doesn't mention the event.

Might go on the remote chance of seeing the mighty midget in action, but grumbling because I haven't had time to drill R2-45 recently.

Never mind, Haiqu. I've heard the tech doesn't work on Miscavige anyway. :confused2:

It is rumoured the date has changed to 5 Feb. Can anyone confirm this?

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
Never mind, Haiqu. I've heard the tech doesn't work on Miscavige anyway. :confused2:

It is rumoured the date has changed to 5 Feb. Can anyone confirm this?

I was told 5th Feb too this morning.

Funny how they've made a big deal of setting the date then change it at the last minute - maybe they've confirmed Marty and Mike for the ribbon-cutting? :D

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
I too have been told the 5th of February. It might pay to check this out as it could be a diversion to put protesters off. They done it before with the Jan Eastgate event.

Anonycat

Crusader
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/grand-start-for-cult-hq/story-e6frf7kx-1225992914359

SCIENTOLOGISTS from around the world are expected to land in Melbourne this week ahead of the opening of a new multi-million dollar Scientology church.

But the church has hosed down speculation that high-profile devotees John Travolta and Tom Cruise would be among the Scientologists in town to celebrate the opening of the Ascot Vale facility this weekend.

Reports surfaced last week predicting the Hollywood heavy hitters would be at Saturday's launch.

But Church of Scientology Australia human rights director Nigel Mannock said the pair were not coming.

"They are not scheduled to attend the Melbourne opening event," Mr Mannock said.

"Scientologists from all around Australia, New Zealand and Asia will be attending and flying in for the grand opening."

He said Melbourne's congregation of Scientologists was one of the oldest in the world with "special significance internationally".

He said the number of local devotees to the controversial religion had been growing rapidly in recent years and now exceeded 1000.

"It is our expansion in Melbourne that has necessitated our acquiring and restoring this new building," Mr Mannock said.

The church bought the Mt Alexander Rd site from the Catholic University for $7 million in 2005.

Mr Mannock said millions had since been spent refurbishing a historic convent building on the site and making additions to house a large chapel, a public auditorium, course rooms and a multimedia public information centre.

The facility, which also has libraries, a bookstore, film and seminar rooms and a conference room, has a capacity of 300 people. Mr Mannock said Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard delivered a well-known speech to hundreds of Scientologists in Melbourne during a visit in 1959.

"Scientologists around the world still listen to the recordings of his Melbourne lectures to this day, so it is very special that we are opening this church," Mr Mannock said.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
I too have been told the 5th of February. It might pay to check this out as it could be a diversion to put protesters off. They done it before with the Jan Eastgate event.

Yes that's true but hopefully this is more a 'public' event and it has a set location, so they can't change that at the last minute. :D

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Yes that's true but hopefully this is more a 'public' event and it has a set location, so they can't change that at the last minute. :D

No doubt the last-minute date change, true or pretext, will result in some people travelling on the wrong day, or at least having non-refundable tickets booked for the wrong date. How to win friends and influence people hard at work once again. :)

Paul

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Time place of Event.

would someone be able to PM me for the location of the Meet up location for the protest of 251 Mt Alexander Rd, Ascot Vale on the 29th?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/grand-start-for-cult-hq/story-e6frf7kx-1225992914359

I see the herald have it right on their tag.

DM will be probably be with Int mgmt Div1 sharing stories of abuse tactics with the Carlton Club. at La Porcella restaurant. mama mia

Attachments

• Cof$ melbourne arial.jpg
    Cof$ melbourne arial.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 62

Mrs Pattycake

Patron with Honors

SCIENTOLOGISTS from around the world are expected to land in Melbourne this week ahead of the opening of a new multi-million dollar Scientology church.

"Scientologists from all around Australia, New Zealand and Asia will be attending and flying in for the grand opening."

He said Melbourne's congregation of Scientologists was one of the oldest in the world with "special significance internationally".

He said the number of local devotees to the controversial religion had been growing rapidly in recent years and now exceeded 1000.

"It is our expansion in Melbourne that has necessitated our acquiring and restoring this new building," Mr Mannock said.

Wow look at that... Mr Mannock admits that there are 1000 Scientologists in Melbourne. This would align with the census figure of around 2400 nationally. But is way different from OSA's broadly promoted 250,000 Scientologists in ANZO.

This was one of the main points that we made in our resignation letter to OSA. That they had lied about the size and growth of Scientology to create an appearance of popularity and public approval.

Come on guys who are still in .... wake the FUCK UP !!! Where are the other 249,000 Scientologists ??? Melbourne is the first org in ANZO to get itself an Ideal Org and yet they only have 1000 devotees !!!!

Virgina you are a big liar ! I don't know how you sleep at night ! How can a person be the spokesperson for a Church and yet lie so artfully ? Oh sorry ... as far as the C of S is concerned, that is the main qual.

Scientology ... shame shame shame.

But the TRUTH is coming out . Come on DM come and confront us if you dare !!!

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron

Bert drilling R2-45 listen up u screw heads heres a puppet who stood up to other puppets

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IXmHqPWxUw&NR=1

Outethicsofficer

Silver Meritorious Patron

The church bought the Mt Alexander Rd site from the Catholic University for $7 million in 2005.
A thousand members...this is the first time I have seen a church official admit anything even close to what is a real figure of the number of parishoners, a thousand is still an overstatement of the numbers.
James