Mk ranch 2000 to 2002. How is everybody...... We closed that hellhole

Discussion in 'Reconnecting with Old Friends' started by Iescapedmkranch20012002, Nov 16, 2015.

View Users: View Users
  1. Reconnecting with some of the only people who would understand...

2. Enthetan

Enthetan Mutant

What was Mk ranch?

3. He-man

He-man Troll under the bridge

McKinsley Ranch?

4. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

5. Victoria

Victoria Patron Meritorious

Glad you made it out!!

6. Lone Star

Lone Star Crusader

The lead singer of the band The Miniature Tigers, Charlie Brand, was in the MK Ranch too. His parents put him in not knowing that it was Scientology. They just thought it was a program for troubled teens. So apparently they misled just like Narconon does.

From a 2009 article:

If you want to create a chronology, Brand's issues started as a teenager, after falling woefully behind other kids his age at the Phoenix charter school Metro Arts Institute. His mother and stepfather shipped him off to the Mace-Kingsley Ranch School, an infamous New Mexico boot-camp-like institution run by Scientologists, after tiring of arguing with him about his pot habit, ditching class, and other problems.

"It was bizarre because my family's not Scientologists. My parents thought it was for troubled teens. [The camp] forced Scientology on you, and you had to go through the steps before you could leave. You had to use an E-Meter and study guides about all their beliefs. I fought it for a while but eventually was like, 'Yeah, this Scientology stuff is great,' and faked it."

He was already failing school before his brush with the Hubbard-bots, but after Mace-Kingsley provided "useless religion credits that didn't apply to anything," he essentially was a 17-year-old freshman while friends went off to college. Depressed, he turned to food and smoking weed and ballooned to over 300 pounds. Brand was always somewhat shy and had few girlfriends growing up, but he started becoming extremely anti-social and self-loathing. He dropped out and settled for his GED, mooching off his father.

Anyway, this is a pretty decent band....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUxuaSzhfrc

7. Ranch Kid 1450

Ranch Kid 1450 New Member

I was there. I am looking to reconnect with old faces.