Mockingbird's Nest

Discussion in 'Great Web Sites and Links' started by mockingbird, Feb 8, 2015.

View Users: View Users
  1. mockingbird

mockingbird Silver Meritorious Patron

Well I will not call it a " great " site but did not have a "site I made " to post this on it has some original stuff and a lot of old stuff heavily edited for length .I plan to add a lot more in the future too .http://mbnest.blogspot.com/

Feel free to comment here if you want

2. AnonyMary

AnonyMary Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

Congratulations, mockingbird! I am glad to see you have a specific space on the internet where you can convey your thoughts and ideas I know it's a bit of work at the start to to learn blog tech, set things up the way you prefer and get materials posted in easy-on-the eyes readable presentation but I can see that is gotten easier for you.

My only suggestion is that you get the title of your blog, Mockingbird's Nest, typed in and embedded into the page headers. While it shows up on the browser tab for each article one reads, the name of the blog is not on the page one is reading, whether the home page o another. Perhaps getting the name embedded into the flying dove photo would work, or posted above or below it. But the key is to have your name there so people can easily remember it. Thus also makes it easier for someone to find when the url id not bookmarked and the person can't recall the name of the blog or url address of the blog. They would just google search "Mockingbird's Nest" and the site would come up in the search results. Having the name on the header helps readers to remember the name in order to search for it.

I was only able to look over a few of your latest articles but will make the time to return when there are less distraction around.

Best wishes,

Mary

PS: Do consider adding the blog name, with a hyperlink it, into your profile posting signature.

3. WildKat

WildKat Gold Meritorious Patron

OK, I'll chime in.

First, Mockingbird, let me say that I have read much of your material and I really like MOST of what you say. If I had one main criticism, I would say you are often too wordy. Still, the material itself is really good. You probably lose some of your audience with the tl;dr response though.

The site itself looks good and I would agree with AnonyMary that you need a heading in there.

Other than that, I counted half a dozen typos in the first paragraph (duplicate word, unnecessary spaces, missing hyphen, etc.) A bit of awkward sentence structure there too.

I overlook minor typos on conversation boards, but when someone goes to the trouble to make a blog, it should be as professional as possible, at least in the first paragraph.

I know I'll probably get bashed for being the "typo Nazi" but that's OK, I can take it. :biggrin:

4. DoneDeal

DoneDeal Patron Meritorious

Right on MB. I think it's great you did this.

5. Intentionally Blank

Intentionally Blank On a mission...

Comment: Sweet!!!!! (I learned to use all those exclamation points by reading scn propaganda on Tony's blog ;) !!!!!)

Congrats. It's a heck of a lot of work to put together a blog.

Agree completely.

Ahhhh .... a typo nazi ..... a kat after my own heart.

Blanky