What's new

Mockingbird's Nest

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Do all the people reading the posts in this ridiculous thread, thinking about them, and then typing replies really have nothing better to do with their lives?

Someone comments on something "out there," (i.e. not merely in their fevered imagination) and others discuss that and to and fro and veer off and so on, that's fine, just business as usual here on ESMB. But succumbing to the urge to dig into and take to heart the personal comments over and over and over again, well, here's a solution for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unkIVvjZc9Y

Paul

Gib

Crusader
Do all the people reading the posts in this ridiculous thread, thinking about them, and then typing replies really have nothing better to do with their lives?

Someone comments on something "out there," (i.e. not merely in their fevered imagination) and others discuss that and to and fro and veer off and so on, that's fine, just business as usual here on ESMB. But succumbing to the urge to dig into and take to heart the personal comments over and over and over again, well, here's a solution for you:

Paul

oh, that's just a version of: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sticks_and_Stones_(nursery_rhyme)

which I posted in one of my posts.

Yeesh! :duh: :eyeroll: Transparent, much? :hysterical: And couldn't even stay away an entire day on the 'long break maybe forever'.

An apology to MB that includes insulting MB and others and kicks up and carries on with the same stupid shit from yesterday.

There is a special ESMB-culture apology, which goes something like this:

"I have seen the light.
You are not a scumbag at all.
I apologise for saying that you are, sincerely, hand on heart.
It is still true that you suck, because you have warts and dirty fingernails."

Et cetera.

It is a tradition around here.

Gotta luv 'em.

Paul

I am practicing Mindlessness by reading and commenting here.

Free Being Me

Crusader
I thought walls had been kicked in and bodily fluids had to be cleaned up...

You know how it is with the ominous "they*" plotting foul deeds here at ESMB. I'm not sure who "they" are however why ruin a ludicrous conspiracy theory by asking why. No doubt Mockingbird's next blog about ESMB will provide an ignore list of names for the masses to implement. :melodramatic:

(Emphasis mine)
Mockingbird said:
>snip<They* first welcome me and act like recovery is important. Okay. Second they* see me writing posts to dissect Scientology. All right. Then they* see exes thank me, and some express extreme gratitude and claim the posts really help their recovery. All fine.

Then if they* don't like me or some of my posts or writing style the same people ruthlessly criticize me and my posts, necessitating denial of the awareness of claims by others that my posts helped them. Since those claims don't support criticizing me and pretending to support recovery from Scientology. They* have to not just deny my ideas, but also deny the dozens of claims, at this point perhaps hundreds of thanks and likes for my posts and tens of thousands of views my posts have garnered from others.

They* have to use strawman arguments, distort and misrepresent my claims , say I said statements I never actually did, and grossly use false equivalencies. Particularly ones that have a conclusion that cannot be proven nor disproven.

Among my favorites is the claim that OSA has paid attention to me and may now means I think I am important enough to warrant OSA attention. I didn't claim to be important, I know OSA has in the past run an operation against me, my importance is irrelevant. It was their choice, not mine.

But the bottom line comes down to this: trolls are a special kind of gutless coward and hypocrite. They* deny the fundamental equality of those they* victimize over long distances. Safely hidden far away behind a computer, sometimes in a different country and certain they* will never have to even stand before their victims. If they* claim with no provocation or justification that their victim "thinks he's so" important or smart they* are projecting their own inadequacies, their own frustrations at their impotent rage if narcissistic or merely trying to tear someone down callously for twisted kicks if sociopathic, or perhaps a combination.

Martha Stout studied sociopaths for decades and wrote the excellent book I recommend to all exes, The Sociopath Next Door. She claimed we have a sixth sense of intuition and a seventh of a conscience. And that Sociopaths either lack or neglect empathy, the heart of conscience. To her sociopaths are a sort of lower level of human. They are defective and inferior. I don't know if I would quite put it that way, but lacking a conscience and empathy is a profound deficiency. It is not an improvement.

I don't really get bothered knowing these wretched souls waste their lives bothering me, I am fortunate enough that many people have been and are now very kind and loving in my life to bolster me against such hollow efforts. I am a very lucky man. Additionally I have had so many kind and encouraging words from many people online and so will not cease writing and am comforted by knowing my meager talents have provided some real help to some very worthwhile people.

I am just perturbed at times in knowing the trolls can confuse and discourage others I seek to reach. But the trolls in their hypocritical cowardice entirely deny their culpability in disrupting threads. That's why I consider them contemptible fucking assholes. And will treat them as such.

Last edited:

cleared cannibal

Silver Meritorious Patron
You know how it is with the ominous "they*" plotting foul deeds here at ESMB. I'm not sure who "they" are however why ruin a ludicrous conspiracy theory by asking why. No doubt Mockingbird's next blog about ESMB will provide an ignore list of names for the masses to implement. :melodramatic:

(Emphasis mine)
I used this clip to show what I thought about Scn once, but maybe it is really ESMB. MB is trying to resist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZEJ4OJTgg8

Free Being Me

Crusader
I used this clip to show what I thought about Scn once, but maybe it is really ESMB. MB is trying to resist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZEJ4OJTgg8

Really? I didn't know ESMB is just that awful with all the imaginary sociopathic "they" Borg drones about. Sounds very serious. Here's an idea, you and MB write Emma a pm telling her all about it with a link to MB's blog page about ESMB. I imagine her response to be somewhere between not giving a crap to a scathing J&D reply. lol.

:drama:

Last edited:

JustSheila

Crusader
MB,

Just a suggestion.

Things seem to have quieted down here a bit. Some good points have been made here and there and some (if not all) of us might have learned a few things and be viewing things a little differently, maybe even you.

Perhaps it might be a good time to ask the mod to bin this thread and for you to start a new 'Mockingbird's Nest' thread, nice and clean. Perhaps it also might be a good time for you to delete or edit what you posted on your blog and to take a few people off your 'ignore' list.

People are people. We all have strengths and faults. Personally, I think you add something good to this Board and bring up a lot of good points in many of your writings that others have found useful, and I've told you this a number of times. So have other exscn members. I also think your writing has improved a lot over time and you write your best when you are just writing as yourself with an occasional short quote to make a point. In fact, I think when you write that way, it's really high quality.

Please give my suggestion some thought. Hopefully others here will give you a chance to digest it all and allow a day or two to answer and hopefully everyone has calmed down enough to make you feel safe enough to do so without going round and round on this again.

I am sorry you felt hurt, MB. At least, that was the impression I got from your blog.

Sheila

mockingbird

Silver Meritorious Patron
I am going to post some threads at ESMB. If people like them great, if not oh well. In all honesty if anyone wants to insult me I am going to be much more generous with add to ignore. If anyone doesn't like that I suggest they return the favor.

Jump

Operating teatime
I am going to post some threads at ESMB. If people like them great, if not oh well. In all honesty if anyone wants to insult me I am going to be much more generous with add to ignore. If anyone doesn't like that I suggest they return the favor.

Thanks I appreciate your input. I think what annoys people is clogging up the 'new posts' listing with one person's stuff.