More Disconnection in the Church of Scientology - another couple out! The Graham's!

Discussion in 'Leaving Scientology' started by Knows, Apr 9, 2014.

View Users: View Users
  1. Knows

Knows Gold Meritorious Patron

Disconnection in full force. Their daughter disconnected from them. Read their story - amazing spinning up and down and around the Bridge to SP Declare!
    Another couple has announced leaving the Church of Scientology. This was posted on Mike Rinder's Blog:

http://www.mikerindersblog.org/bob-sharon-graham/

2. Arthur Dent

Arthur Dent Silver Meritorious Patron

Re: More Disconnection in the Church of Scientology - another couple out! The Graham'

Typical story. Long. But,all too typical. When someone is first out (self included) they are generally upset and disoriented and write long diatribes about how wrong things went.
    This, before too awfully long, turns into much shorter writings, such as "fuck you, OSA." I hope the Grahams get there soon. But, meanwhile, I'm glad they have each other. It is sad to see
    that, even after all the PR whippings the cult has had about disconnection, that it just simply cannot change. Very sad, but sadder still is the state families are left in after being torn apart.
    These people lost their daughter and grandchildren and their business because of this cult's evilness. What a caring and benevolent religion! Shame on their daughter.

3. Lamb

Lamb Patron with Honors

Re: More Disconnection in the Church of Scientology - another couple out! The Graham'

Eventually, people reading things like this will just see how it applies to them as well and lose all desire to ever go back to that manipulative, evil cult. Reading this story jived with 99% of my story in the cult and really made me believe that many others must have been through the exact same thing--in other words, no differences, just the same story.

4. Knows

Knows Gold Meritorious Patron

Statistics are showing that people that are announcing leaving Scientology typically have had to been hit personally by the cults tactics. It has to hit home and keep hitting for a while. It hits everyone eventually - everyone gets hurt! Lurker's - don't wait until your children are grown - they will be taken from you and held hostage so you toe the line. GET OUT NOW!! Stop thinking "you will be different" - you won't. Guaranteed!!

5. Enthetan

Enthetan Master of Disaster

It CAN'T change. Currently, Scientology would collapse immediately if the "still in" were allowed to be associated with the freshly out, who now have access to all the negative data about Scn.

6. Sindy

Sindy Crusader

:thumbsup: Yeah. True.

Still, I found his writing refreshing and concise. Usually I skim because I can't take the nauseating cult speak/think (which I had myself -- no stone throwing here).

I found his writing, mindset, and story easy to follow and to relate to. It was actually one of the best so far in my book.

7. guanoloco

guanoloco As-Wased

BINGO!

There but for the grace of God go I...err...wait a minute...there WENT I, people!

8. guanoloco

guanoloco As-Wased

More of Ron's unflat Grades III and IV and Case...along with Karen's recent thread of the Lientology's tax returns showing the billions in assets which is Ron's unflat FPRD Case.

Check out Mystic in my siggy.

9. tetloj

tetloj Silver Meritorious Patron

I am loving the wave of these stories coming out, and read every one of them.

This open exposure could not have happened five years ago.

The conspiracy of silence around Scientology is well and truly over.

Whether these exposures can do enough to have the practice of disconnection brought to an end remains to be seen, but the level of communication and openness of the community of exes and critics means a faster recovery for those that do find their way out (less time wallowing in guilt and regret for a start, which can only be healthy).

My heart goes out to many of you who had to toil through the mess of emotions by yourselves and for many years. :bigcry: