More on Conditions in Scientology

Discussion in 'Mike Rinders Blog' started by RSS Feed, Feb 10, 2018.

View Users: View Users
  1. RSS Feed

RSS Feed RSS Feeder Bot

There is a new post up at the Mike Rinder's Blog

More on Conditions in Scientology

It’s SaTerraDay More on Conditions in Scientology According L. Ron Hubbard: “A Danger Condition is normally assigned when: An Emergency Condition has continued too long. A statistic plunges downward very steeply. A senior executive suddenly finds himself or herself wearing the hat of the head of the activity because it is in trouble.”[.......]

Continue reading...

2. DagwoodGum

DagwoodGum Space Cooty Caddy

Or "Moron Conditions in Scientology" would be another way of putting it.

Flubs was just Pavlov's dogging us with BS conditions.
    Assign unpleasant doingness in connection with behavior he found unacceptable such as figuring out it was a con and seeking to leave.
    Then rub their nose in it for a while and only let them come up for air once they've become good and miserable and willing to carry on as a Ronbot complete with blinders...
    Isn't it so obvious in hindsight?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • List
  3. F.Bullbait

F.Bullbait Oh, a wise guy,eh?

They had a hard time when attempting to condition me..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. NoIdea

NoIdea Patron

I always loved the concept of conditions. At least the upper ones. The idea that no matter where you were at, there was a predefined set of steps you could take that would improve things. It was tremendously empowering and inspiring. Especially if you were applying them on your own. But very much a placebo, I now see. It didn't really matter what the steps were. Most of them were pretty straightforward and obvious.

Things not going well? Work harder. Things going really bad? Get your shit together. Nothing happening at all? Work your ass off and get yourself known. Things going pretty well, keep doing whatever you're doing. Going great? Don't blow it all, put something aside for when it's not.

And since they supposedly applied to every possible situation, you shoehorned them into fit every situation. Even when they didn't apply in any way, shape or form, you just redefined some things and looked at things in a different way and figured out something to do. And since most of them largely boiled down to "do more work", that's what you ended up doing, and doing more work will usually make things go better.

Many times over the 1.x decades I've been out, I've pined for that kind of stable data and procedure, even though I know it was a lot of hocus pocus. I've even thought about using them now and then. But only for a minute or two. Coming to grips that the world really is chaotic is not easy.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List