What's new

Muses

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Thanks! I'd love to - especially a vid of the birds whistling along with popular music! :laugh: But I've never figured out how to get my own pictures or vids up on here. Any instructions are welcome. :)

Brilliant! I know how to add my own pics to emails (click and drag usually works) but I'm really not a photo kind of person so have never tried to post anything here. I think there are about 4 pics of me in the whole world, I have large boxes full of my kids photos and quite a few of various pets from over the years though.

To download pics from your phone to the computer, you just plug it in and follow the instructions that pop up.

:D

I expect someone lovely will turn up soon with instructions that are actually useful, I hope so anyway.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Since I am lovely and dedicated...:oops:

I'll try to help:)

It seems that we can't upload from our computer like we could with the old forum. (No hosting)

So the best is to upload both pics and videos on a media files host. Then, you copy paste the link here.

It will work fine with vimeo and I often use this site To host pics and videos:
http://fr.tinypic.com/

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
:biggrin: Oh cool! Whistling is bird language! So glad you have the whistle skill!

If you whistle a short little ditty regularly to say hello or goodbye or where are you, he'll recognize it means that and if he's elsewhere and you whistle it, he'll know it's you. I always taught my birds whistles so they could recognize me if they got lost and it worked every time. :) They seem to like the type of short tunes they play for commercials. Like the Armour hot dog song.

My little ones know the chorus to Jolly Holiday, the Armour hot dog song, a few bars of Beethoven's 5th (they love the da da da DA! da da da DA!), the Colonel Bogey March, and a few misc others. Fargo (the female) has a good knack for whistling along with Chicago blues, too, and a few other favorite musicians. I've been tempted to record her and send it along to some of the musicians, just for the heck of it, cause she's pretty good and has some unique improvisions! :laugh:

I know next to nothing about parakeets, though, never had one, so wouldn't personally know how they feel about music, but I'd think since they're tiny parrots, they'd like it. I know for sure that cockatoos, cockatiels, magpies and corellas love music. All the parrots I knew danced, too, but the other birds didn't.

I play YouTube vids of big cockatiel flocks for mine. They love it. You might see how your crow reacts to hearing crow videos. You never know.
Sorry, I should have said cockatiels not parakeets - bit of a senior moment there Sheil. :)

I make a particular clicking noise using my tongue and the roof of my mouth which Keef recognises.

Yes, trubs' suggestion is a good one, the crow thread would be an ideal place for your pics and vids, and I'd really love to see them.
Thanks! I'd love to - especially a vid of the birds whistling along with popular music! :laugh: But I've never figured out how to get my own pictures or vids up on here. Any instructions are welcome. :)
I'm a newbie when it comes to images and vids on a smartphone and how to post them on a board such as esmb, but one way is if you can send me them as email attachments I'll be quite happy to host them on my webserver. Just a suggestion.

Adding: I've just seen lotus' post about tinypic. The instructions are in French but you can use the 'translate this page' facility and it only takes a couple of seconds.

Adding: Imgur now also hosts video!

Lotus is a mine of information about apps all over the internet that do useful stuff btw.

Last edited:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
To upload an image here from your computer rather than one already online somewhere else:

Under the edit box I see three options: Post Reply, Upload a File, More Options (which contains Preview).

Click upload a file. If it's an image, you have the option of inserting a thumbnail or the full image. I usually insert the full image.