What's new

My 1st post

FoTi

Crusader
Thank you. I only meant to imply greater concentration and attention would be a helpful thing. The way The Fourth Way practices these things is not something I would try. I appreciate your clarification of Scientology's way of thinking and explaining some of the "inside" terminology that escapes me. I also appreciate your getting me to this boards umbrella home page which I had not seen before. I am researching some things about Scientology and am surprised by some of the information I come across. The treatment I am being given will never stop unless I come back quietly into the fold and somehow amend the damage I have done. Scientology may lose interest in me but if I keep being outspoken about the secrets I have knowledge of I doubt they will quit. I have accomplished what I set out to do here and will move on to other areas where I will (more sanely) discuss what I know. I will pop in here periodically to see if I can be of help to anyone trying to leave fringe groups attached to Scientology. In the mean time I know they will be treated properly. Catherine :)
Catherine.....I'm curious....

What did you set out to do here and what have you accomplished? :scratch:

So far, I haven't been able to see what secrets you have knowledge of....what are these secrets you speak of? :confused:

It seems to me that if you really do have any secrets, you have managed to keep them a secret. :blink:

So far, from what you have written in this thread, I see no reason why Scientology would have any interest in you at all.

In what other areas will you be discussing what you know, if in fact you really do know anything worth revealing?

Well, anyway.....I hope you resolve your issues, whatever they are.

Peace be with you Catherine.

Swundel

Patron
I thought I'd add my two cents here, since Catherine's writing seems all too familiar.
For background, a member of my extended family is heavily schitzophrenic (as in, forcibly institutionalised for several years) and regularly contacts others with similar conspiracies - one learns to derive a certain entertainment from them, I suppose, if treated as plots for surrealist thrillers.

Catherine very clearly has become quite involved in the paranormal community. This alone will naturally make anyone sound a bit mad, but it is specifically the connection with Scientology and the feeling of being personally targeted that work as red flags.

There's also a.. certain way the sentences are constructed, the very 'stream of thought' nature of it, that to me signals that the specific version of the conspiracy is being created on the fly, though it very clearly is being frequently thought about.

I very much doubt we'll be hearing from her again - if my hunch is right, she picks up a conspiracy for a week or two and then forgets all about it.

Nonetheless, the point I'd like to make is to try to be a little gentler with the evidently unstable. Schitzophrenic is associated with traumatic events (those pesky engrams :p), such as childhood sexual abuse, and I do think a certain respect would be good to maintain.

From having spent much time on the phone with my relative, a general strategy I'd suggest is to earnestly engage with the present conspiracy, challenging it within its own framework. Don't get too caught up with reality and suspend your disbelief when it comes to the premises. The chances are most logical challenges are simply tossed aside, but sometimes there's a response. Treat it as a surrealist thriller, and there's even scope to enjoy the experience. If ypu want to be more altruistic, it is possible to some extent try to make the conspiracy seem a little less directly threatening or develop it otherwise in a positive direction.

More than that, I hope this message may give some insight to people lurking in old threads and being astonished by what they just witnessed :D

Swundel

Patron
Actually, I just remembered that this relative of mind had a brief involvement in Scientology some years ago. They tossed her out after finding her a little too much to deal with. :D

phenomanon

Canyon
Thank you Veda.

My only purpose is to increase your awareness of an area Scientology is involved in and to find out if there are others trying to leave or have left these fringe areas. Again, I apologize for how I sounded in my first post. I was almost out of my mind scared I would disappear at any moment. I'm obviously still around so I've somewhat calmed down and am better able to think properly. I have had time to file a will and other paperwork necessary if anything should happen to me.

I researched The Fourth Way and found their teaching would be helpful. Who of us wouldn't want to have better concentration and attention spans. Ingo Swann is also an interesting addition to knowledge in the psychic fringe area. Minister Tony Muhammad another fringe group with a separate agenda and tied into Scientology. There appears to be many different areas people might be trying to get away from and would possibly land here looking for support. It also appears this thread? might only be scratching the surface of fringe areas Scientology is involved with. Other people might know of more fringe areas and I hope they will also post that information.

I appreciate some of the nicer humor and have had a couple of good laughs over them. Thank you, I needed to laugh. I also will stop signing my name after posts since it bothers some of you. I don't know about the etiquette of posting but am trying to learn. I did learn how to add a picture as you will have noticed.
well,hell! I been on this board for years, and I can't post a fooking picture. Unless it's my Avatar. :laugh: