My girlfriend left me for scientology

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Onkel, Dec 3, 2017.

View Users: View Users
  1. Soul of Ginnungagab

Soul of Ginnungagab Patron with Honors

What is a scientological view can actually have many nuances. Many scientologists are working hard "to make things go right" in a good sense of that term. Often they get a hard time because of strong pressure from the Scientology organization to a degree where they get busted. It is sad. If they leave and choose to continue in an independent group things change dramatically.

If it is a group that disregard Scientology ethics and admin then that group probably also disregard the idea that Scientology ethics has to be "in" in order for the tech to work.

If you really insist on including some considerations regarding Scientology ethics then you can look at it this way:
    Those people in such a splinter group typically experience that all their dynamics start flourishing. They suddenly have time to spend time with family and friends and other areas of life. That means that, in scientologeese, they are doing the greatest good for all the dynamics which in scientologeese means they are in-ethics. It kind of happens almost automatically you could say.

When @Terril park said "Everyone is free to follow whatever path they wish" he is actually referring to something that should be a rule in Scientology according to its own teachings and therefore actually is supposed to be a Scientological view. Well, it is heavily violated as has been reported from countless number of people, but that doesn't mean you can't "turn it on" it once you are out in an independent group.

One of the typical things that can happen in an independent group is you loose some ideas that were part of your belief system. One idea that many people loose is the idea that Scientology is the only truth and/or a complete truth.

Another idea that you loose is the idea that you have to disseminate Scientology to everone. In Scientology you are gradually indoctrinated to think that you can't talk Scientology with someone without having in the backhead that dissemation should be happening. Loosing that idea makes an incredibly huge difference. It is like going from hell to paradise. It is really amazing how relaxing it can be to talk Scientology with someone without that idea. If someone asks a question on the subject you can just tell them and that is it.

Many years ago we were a group of scientologists who splintered off and continued on our own, so above is based on my experience back then. When you don't have the idea that Scientology is the only truth neither a complete truth then you are not stuck on the subject anymore. You can regard it as something that is or has been very relevant on certain points and be happy with that and then move on.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
  2. Onkel

Onkel Patron

Those drills.. How do they work? People mention drills a lot. Are they plans as to what to do in certain situations, or like a way to practice how a scientologist should behave.. Never having been in, there's a lot I don't know about.

3. Enthetan

Enthetan Mutant

Mostly it's practicing technique. You sit across from a partner who pretends to be somebody you want to disseminate to. He practices giving doubts and objections, and you respond like you would in real life.

4. Mimsey Borogrove

Mimsey Borogrove Crusader

Here is a video of basic communication drills - called the trs. The idea is to train a person on how to properly communicate as a Scientology auditor. They sell a version of these in a small course called the communication course. The FSM drills are similar to them but much looser, less rigid.

As Enthetan says, your partner ( actually called a coach) gives you situations, and in addition to the coach giving doubts, he also might say stuff like: I heard Scientology is brainwashing, or costs a lot (various negative things the person has heard about scientology) and it is the FSM's task to handling them ( Brainwashing? No, no, Scientology is all about making you more able. It's quite the opposite. Well some of the advanced courses can cost as much as a new car, but many are only a few hundred bucks. Besides, as you get more able, you can easily afford the upper courses. Etc.)

Once those barriers are out of the way they try to discover what the person has difficulty with ( called finding the person's ruin) " I get nervous when I have to speak in public." "Oh! The Communication course makes you able to confront groups of people. And, it's really cheap... " And then tell the person how Scientology will handle the problem (ruin) for them.

They drill the person on handling different situations until they feel at ease discussing scientology with the uninformed.

This drilling is done a lot in Scientology - practically on every course you take there is some sort of drilling. The idea being to make a person proficient at applying whatever is being studied. Or, as some assert - hypnotized into accepting Hubbard's questionable technology as gospel.

Mimsey

Last edited: Dec 13, 2017