My hope for this board

Discussion in 'ESMB Rules, FAQ, and New Member Info' started by Emma, Jan 29, 2007.

View Users: View Users
  1. Abletu

Abletu Patron with Honors

Thank you for your contribution and courage.

Without esmb I would have remained a messed up puppy.

I needed a place to communicate who I am and how I feel.

It may be intense, it may be serious, it is my heart.

I loved Ron since 1975 after reading DMSMH, he clarified so many of my mistakes.

I have been working with time travel for some years prior all on my own, I didn't have a clue about engrams, time traps.

My skill at 2-WC saved my life 3 times before scientology, I created a lot of time travel related psychotic breaks and had to repair them or die, the potential violence expressed was extreme and I had no recourse except 2-WC.

Church trained scientologists don't have a clue what their dealing with, the raw engramatic energy of life itself. The engramatic stuff on the time track have scared the Gods.

It is not the betterment activity people are apposed to, their prior personal experiences at attempts to clear others of their insanities have scared them to the core.

Ron didn't do his home work, a truth dream, a truthful speculation that was on the money and without DMSMH I could not have been successful nor created the rules of auditing

Without your courage and dedication to founding and maintaining esmb I would not be writing this.

2. Good twin

Good twin Floater

ESMB will always be exactly what Emma wished for. Each of us was looking for an emotional attachment and in ESMB we found it. It was and is powerful stuff. This is a community that by the nature of it's creation, promises and delivers a pivotal experience. That is why we stay. It is also why we go.

ESMB will always have OG hanging around, but it really is primarily for the newly out. It is for the wounded and the healing. It is for those of us that are sorting out our own thoughts and experiences. When any of us move on or change our posting habits, everyone else gets interested. It's a beautiful thing.

But Emma never expects any of us to stay forever. I can't imagine I could ever stop lurking here. It's like checking on the homestead. I grew up here. I love all you guys.
    :smoochy:

3. Lurker5

Lurker5 Gold Meritorious Patron

:hug: to you Good Twin. Lurk OFTEN - PLEASE !

4. Emma

Emma Mother of Dragons Administrator

I love this post GT.

You are right. I never expected anyone to hang around for too long and only made a rank of 10,000 as a joke. I never thought anyone could or would stay that long.

If ESMB was a true revolving door like I naively thought it would be, it would be easy to manage. I thought that people would come, read, reach an understanding that they've lived through a nightmare and that they are now free, share their experiences & move on with their lives.

But it never quite works like that. I was way too simplistic in my view.

I feel like there is a new need now. 6 years ago a safe place was needed for newly outs. We ended up with ESMB. But there needs to be a place now for folks who have recovered & don't want to talk about the same old stuff anymore but just want to hang with their buddies & shoot the shit. A place with no stress on civility etc. because it wouldn't be needed. It would just be a place to let it all hang out - the good & the bad. Just like a big (dysfunctional :) ) family does.

I know people feel like this community is constantly fracturing. Believe me when I say that no-one feels it more keenly than me. I hate it. It tears me apart every time. I feel like every year or so a choice has to be made whether to let ESMB evolve into something else or to try & keep it true to its original purpose - a place for newbies to come to recover & tell their stories. In the end it always comes down to trying to keep ESMB to it original purpose. But there are always casualties.

I would love it if someone started a new board & invited EVERYONE who has ever been on ESMB & left for any reason. Fuck rules, fuck civility, just throw everyone back together (with an ignore button) and let it hang out. I think it would be a hell of a ride & maybe some friendships could be mended (or maybe completely destroyed) but I think we would at least understand each other better.

5. Idle Morgue

Idle Morgue Gold Meritorious Patron

My purpose is simple: Tell the truth about what Scientology IS and what it IS NOT. Have fun, make fun of it and Hubbard and help others go free!:happydance: This board helped me go free - now I will pay it forward! Thanks for letting me vent guys! Love you all!!

6. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

I would love this as well! :happydance:

7. I told you I was trouble

I told you I was trouble Suspended animation

:thankyou:

That is so true ... and I feel selfish for just wanting to come here and be silly and laugh and not be 'PC' ... but I really don't want to talk scientology anymore.

It's all good though ... though I do miss certain people (including Mark).

Love to all.

:blowkiss:

8. Emma

Emma Mother of Dragons Administrator

You shouldn't feel selfish.

It's just hard to juggle the needs of newbies and the needs of oldies who are all thrown together in the melting pot of a thousand varieties of exes and a thousand different opinions on an emotional subject.

9. BardoThodol

BardoThodol Silver Meritorious Patron

Life seems to find a way to balance itself. Homeostasis and all that.

Seems the more effort we put into making something do what it doesn't want to do, the more effort comes back at us, and not always pleasantly. Equal and opposite reactions.

Seems to me that those who belong in our lives will stay, those who don't will move on.

Same with these boards.

There's never a shortage of people who want to be where they want to be.

10. i think obviously it's initial purpose should remain it's primary purpose and after that just sort of a clubhouse for vets

11. George Layton

George Layton Silver Meritorious Patron

Re: My hope for this board, Thanks Emma. this is my first post.

I have just recently started reading about scientology, (about half a year now), and am amazed at all there is involved.

12. George Layton

George Layton Silver Meritorious Patron

Re: My hope for this board This will be my second post

I have spent a lot of time on Tony's blog. There are a lot of interesting articles and a wonderful community of posters there. They have been very informative about any number of issues having gone on or still going on. I imagine that here will be as informative and look forward to reading the views of people posting here. Thanks for putting this all together.

13. La La Lou Lou

La La Lou Lou Crusader

Re: My hope for this board This will be my second post

Welcome George, I don't think you'll be disappointed.:yes: