What's new

My non-Sci Story

Nona

Patron
I don't see a better board to put this, but I'd like to give you my background as someone who hasn't been in the organisation.

I'm young enough, but an adult. For a long time I knew nothing about scientology. My first encounter with information of it was hearing on the radio that Tom Cruise's wife was pregnant and that she was to be silent at the birth and he would eat the placenta... That was very weird.
My next bit of information was from South Park. So I got to hear about the Xenu story. That sheds light on the beliefs, but other than making a joke like with any god they make fun of, it didn't show the dangers and dodgy things that have happened in the history of the group.

So I've been fairly ignorant of what has been going on until January 19th. I'm in a European country so that's part of the reason. It wouldn't be as big here as in America. My friend goes on a site that posts anonymously, and occasionally I go on it too. He saw the threads appearing about what was going on, and he was part of the first weekend.

I thought it was a good cause - the organisation shouldn't be able to stop free speech. Then as I read more websites I found the information about the abuse of the followers and watched things like the BBC video. Then I thought, this is definitely a good cause.

I wasn't part of the denial of service, and didn't really want to be. I took part in the ideas for peaceful or imaginitive ways of getting the information out. I came across this board and so I bring my story to the present day. It's been great to meet you and learn from you. I'm going out for the protesting on February 10th and by that point there'll be more projects to aim towards on this front.

This may be a bit silly, but no-one really knows me here, and it's good to illustrate my story, which is no doubt what must have been the case for a lot of people online. Voila, that's me.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
I don't see a better board to put this, but I'd like to give you my background as someone who hasn't been in the organisation.

I'm young enough, but an adult. For a long time I knew nothing about scientology. My first encounter with information of it was hearing on the radio that Tom Cruise's wife was pregnant and that she was to be silent at the birth and he would eat the placenta... That was very weird.
My next bit of information was from South Park. So I got to hear about the Xenu story. That sheds light on the beliefs, but other than making a joke like with any god they make fun of, it didn't show the dangers and dodgy things that have happened in the history of the group.

So I've been fairly ignorant of what has been going on until January 19th. I'm in a European country so that's part of the reason. It wouldn't be as big here as in America. My friend goes on a site that posts anonymously, and occasionally I go on it too. He saw the threads appearing about what was going on, and he was part of the first weekend.

I thought it was a good cause - the organisation shouldn't be able to stop free speech. Then as I read more websites I found the information about the abuse of the followers and watched things like the BBC video. Then I thought, this is definitely a good cause.

I wasn't part of the denial of service, and didn't really want to be. I took part in the ideas for peaceful or imaginitive ways of getting the information out. I came across this board and so I bring my story to the present day. It's been great to meet you and learn from you. I'm going out for the protesting on February 10th and by that point there'll be more projects to aim towards on this front.

This may be a bit silly, but no-one really knows me here, and it's good to illustrate my story, which is no doubt what must have been the case for a lot of people online. Voila, that's me.

Welcome Nona.

And thank you very much for caring.

I was in Scientology for 16 years before I finally woke up and got out. I've been criticizing them, trying to expose the abuses and increase the rights for Scientologists, for the last 7 years and I am so glad you are here to help.

Again, thank you very much!

Your strong heart and your high ideals give me strength to be ever better.

Boudicca

Patron
New Here Too

Hi, I guess Nona brought me out of the woodwork. I probably won't post much, but wanted to say hello from another non-$cientologist.

I started researching the cult some when Tommy Girl jumped the couch, and read the alien warlord babble. Crazy, but hey, it's his life.

But Tom's video rant slapped me awake. You see, my teenage daughter has bipolar disorder II -- the less severe type -- but bad enough, believe me. We went through years of hell before, thanks to an incredible doctor, she was diagnosed and treated with a combination of medication and counseling.

Now, she's intelligent, loving, funny and living a life free of the shackles of depression and anger and impulsiveness that was destroying her.

I was perfectly willing to live and let live and shrug off Tom's oddball beliefs. Until he got personal.

Until he attacked my child. Attacked my family.

Since then, I've poured over the internet and read everything I could find. I lurked here and at OCMB and read your stories. And I cried. I couldn't believe the horrors you've suffered. I couldn't believe that hardly anyone had heard you. That hardly anyone stood up and said, "This is wrong!"

I'm physically limited. I can't go protest. But my hands work just fine ... and so does my voice.

So I'm on my feet, standing with you. Beside you. And I'm shouting. "This is wrong!"

I'm not shutting up until they hear. Until they listen.

I've written a FAQ about the dangers of $cientology and sent it to everyone on my email list and asked them to keep it going. I told them to write, email and call the media, government representatives, churches, organizations and clubs, to spread the word to everyone, everywhere.

Today I emailed CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, and FOX news, listing Co$'s crimes against humanity, and directing them to your board and OCMB and Arnie Lerma's site, and Mark Bunker's. I pointed out the bravery you've shown in telling your stories, and the fact that you were persecuted for speaking out against a soul-sucking cult. I asked them why they are too blind, to cowardly to fulfill their responsibility as journalists.

Because after February 10th, the world will wake up and demand to know why they've kept quiet for so long.

Tomorrow, I'm writing my congressmen and senators. To the president, and every human rights organization. Then I'm making flyers and posters and banners and blanketing my city.

I know this is long, sorry. (I told you my voice works good. :p ) Here's the very best part. My daughter came to find out why I've been sequestered in my office for weeks (I think she missed the home-cooking. :yes: ). I showed her the videos, the articles, and she read your boards...and she was outraged.

On February 10th, she will be picketing our local Co$ center with Anonymous. She's reaching outside herself, and truly cares about you, about the greater good. She's calling and emailing friends and co-workers and getting them involved. Not for me, or her, or Anonymous...but for all of you.

Each of you will be constantly in my thoughts and prayers. God Bless.

On to victory!

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Hi, I guess Nona brought me out of the woodwork. I probably won't post much, but wanted to say hello from another non-$cientologist.

I started researching the cult some when Tommy Girl jumped the couch, and read the alien warlord babble. Crazy, but hey, it's his life.

But Tom's video rant slapped me awake. You see, my teenage daughter has bipolar disorder II -- the less severe type -- but bad enough, believe me. We went through years of hell before, thanks to an incredible doctor, she was diagnosed and treated with a combination of medication and counseling.

Now, she's intelligent, loving, funny and living a life free of the shackles of depression and anger and impulsiveness that was destroying her.

I was perfectly willing to live and let live and shrug off Tom's oddball beliefs. Until he got personal.

Until he attacked my child. Attacked my family.

Since then, I've poured over the internet and read everything I could find. I lurked here and at OCMB and read your stories. And I cried. I couldn't believe the horrors you've suffered. I couldn't believe that hardly anyone had heard you. That hardly anyone stood up and said, "This is wrong!"

I'm physically limited. I can't go protest. But my hands work just fine ... and so does my voice.

So I'm on my feet, standing with you. Beside you. And I'm shouting. "This is wrong!"

I'm not shutting up until they hear. Until they listen.

I've written a FAQ about the dangers of $cientology and sent it to everyone on my email list and asked them to keep it going. I told them to write, email and call the media, government representatives, churches, organizations and clubs, to spread the word to everyone, everywhere.

Today I emailed CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, and FOX news, listing Co$'s crimes against humanity, and directing them to your board and OCMB and Arnie Lerma's site, and Mark Bunker's. I pointed out the bravery you've shown in telling your stories, and the fact that you were persecuted for speaking out against a soul-sucking cult. I asked them why they are too blind, to cowardly to fulfill their responsibility as journalists.

Because after February 10th, the world will wake up and demand to know why they've kept quiet for so long.

Tomorrow, I'm writing my congressmen and senators. To the president, and every human rights organization. Then I'm making flyers and posters and banners and blanketing my city.

I know this is long, sorry. (I told you my voice works good. :p ) Here's the very best part. My daughter came to find out why I've been sequestered in my office for weeks (I think she missed the home-cooking. :yes: ). I showed her the videos, the articles, and she read your boards...and she was outraged.

On February 10th, she will be picketing our local Co$ center with Anonymous. She's reaching outside herself, and truly cares about you, about the greater good. She's calling and emailing friends and co-workers and getting them involved. Not for me, or her, or Anonymous...but for all of you.

Each of you will be constantly in my thoughts and prayers. God Bless.

On to victory!

Wow, thankyou. That brings tears to my eyes.

lrnobs

Patron with Honors

Thanks to the both of you. I was in for about 17 years. I was on a local organization staff and I was in the Sea Org. I've been Scn free for 20 years.

One thing I like for people to understand is that the majority of people in Scientology are regular people who think they are part of the only group that can save the world. Their intentions are pure.

Through the months and years of immersion they grow to think that anyone that is critical of Scn is evil intentioned, psychiatrists really are trying to turn everyone into drugged zombies under their control, and they fear that if Scn fails or goes away that they will be doomed to eternal death in much the same way that some people really fear hell.

It will be painful for them when Scn falls apart but it is best that the organized COS does fall apart. Hubbard lied about a lot of things and exaggerated the workability of many other things. But it is unthinkable for members to question anything that Hubbard did. There is a real fear about even thinking about questioning Hubbard and now David Miscaviage.

The control, abuse, and lies raining down from the top are way past any measure of sanity today.

At pickets certain members are trained to be aggressive and incite violence from the picketers. They can sometimes be very good at this. So anyone participating should be prepared for this.

:hifive:

L

Free to shine

Shiny & Free

I just thought I should point out that the whole Xenu thing is NOT widely known in Scientology! It is part of the super secret upper levels kept under lock and key, until the net changed that. Scientologists are not allowed to know about it, talk about it etc and only granted access to it when they have been properly primed and parted with enough money.

That's why knowledge of it is denied and critics accused of making it all up.

Mention 'xenu' to your average person studying introductory or lower level services and they will certainly regard you as crazy. Little do they know....

lrnobs

Patron with Honors
I just thought I should point out that the whole Xenu thing is NOT widely known in Scientology! It is part of the super secret upper levels kept under lock and key, until the net changed that. Scientologists are not allowed to know about it, talk about it etc and only granted access to it when they have been properly primed and parted with enough money.

Mention 'xenu' to your average person studying introductory or lower level services and they will certainly regard you as crazy. Little do they know....

And.....they really have been conditioned to believe that they may lose their own sanity if they see these materials before they are ready. :nailbiting:

duddins

Patron Meritorious
Thank you so much for writing to us and for your blessings.

It brought tears to my eyes as well because I was silent for so long out of fear. Since October....I have been letting my story be known on this board and on the ex Sea Org web site as well. It has been very painful to bring bad memories to the surface.

Your communications touched me specifically because I cannot stop thinking about all of the family members of Scientologist and Scientology staff that have virtually lost their loved ones.

I think about all of the money that people spend...going to see Tom Cruise and John Travolta movies unknowing that these men help fund a "church" which embraces oppressive and hidden criminal policies.

I think of people who actually listen to and look up to these men because they are movie stars!

The face they show the world is a mask. FINALLY...The world got a glimps of the face of Scientology on Oprah and in Cruise's rants about how Scientology is the authority on mental health.

I long to see the day when it all falls down.

I will be out there on the picket line on Feb 10th! Although not in your town perhaps...but somewhere.

I am not afraid of them anymore.

Boudicca

Patron
Duddins, just think... Tom Cruise, the man who gave millions to the church, is one of the biggest instruments of it's downfall. So many people are finding out about the evils of the Co$ organization (not the followers!) because of Tiny Tom's meltdown.

Big, big, BIG time Karma. :yes:

Let's see...what's the saying again? "Pride goeth before a fall."

And the higher he is, the harder he'll land.

You're out now, you're free to live the way you want and think the way you want. Tom and John and all those others will always be prisoners of their own self-imposed limitations.

Boudicca

Patron
PS: I was never in a cult, but I was in a situation when I was a child where I was helpless and in the power of someone who hurt me badly for many years. I, too, could not speak out for so very long. But when I finally, did, it was the beginning of my healing. So I understand those feelings!

duddins

Patron Meritorious
Duddins, just think... Tom Cruise, the man who gave millions to the church, is one of the biggest instruments of it's downfall. So many people are finding out about the evils of the Co$ organization (not the followers!) because of Tiny Tom's meltdown.

Big, big, BIG time Karma. :yes:

Let's see...what's the saying again? "Pride goeth before a fall."

And the higher he is, the harder he'll land.

You're out now, you're free to live the way you want and think the way you want. Tom and John and all those others will always be prisoners of their own self-imposed limitations.

Excellently stated! :clap: what a joy it is to not be them.

and yes....I am out and am achieving great things with my life. Far from the degraded life that was promised to us SPs by the C of S. Life is wonderfully real and prosperous in wogland........but on the inside, conditions have degraded to such a degree that we see an already bad scene fall to an all-time low.

duddins

Patron Meritorious
PS: I was never in a cult, but I was in a situation when I was a child where I was helpless and in the power of someone who hurt me badly for many years. I, too, could not speak out for so very long. But when I finally, did, it was the beginning of my healing. So I understand those feelings!

You are a compassionate soul.

Inside Scientology as staff of the Sea Organization....we wanted to make the world a better place. Yet we were exploited. Like slave labor we lived on beans and rice in crowded conditions with no pay for months on end. Many of us worked 18 hour days. When we did get paid the 15 dollars we had earned for the week, we felt relief.

Having been a senior exec in finance, I can tell you that plenty of money made it's way to the top.

Why did we put up with this? Because we were brainwashed to believe that if we did not do what we were told, or if we voiced a complaint, that there was something wrong with us. We also knew that to speak against your superiors would land you in the RPF.......a prisonlike workforce under 24 hour guard with no freedom and no pay.

While Dave M lived in luxury and hobnobed with Tom Cruise....

Colleen K. Peltomaa

Silver Meritorious Patron

She is right, I did not know about Xenu, and I was a member of the CofS for about 7 years.

Hate to interrupt the rant, but personally I don't see any reason they SHOULD be told about it.

The III materials are useful to run IN SESSION. They haven't any special significance beyond that purpose. Any gains a person will get will be from actually RUNNING the stuff, not reading it.

Many of us HAVE run out sufficiently similar stuff in session (and without coaching) to warrant giving others the opportunity to experience it for themselves.

Making them public knowledge does not greatly facilitate the process of enhancing an individual's self-awareness. Instead it rather serves to be detrimental to that process.

They aren't even good science fiction. I like "Star Trek: Next Generation", "Star Wars", & Heinlein better. [Not impressed with Hubbard's sci-fi.]

NOW if you want to criticise the way the Co$ MARKETS THE WHOLE DAMN BRIDGE, I'm with you all the way BABY! :coolwink:

Mark A. Baker

Colleen K. Peltomaa

Silver Meritorious Patron
Hate to interrupt the rant, but personally I don't see any reason they SHOULD be told about it.

The III materials are useful to run IN SESSION. They haven't any special significance beyond that purpose. Any gains a person will get will be from actually RUNNING the stuff, not reading it.

Many of us HAVE run out sufficiently similar stuff in session (and without coaching) to warrant giving others the opportunity to experience it for themselves.

Making them public knowledge does not greatly facilitate the process of enhancing an individual's self-awareness. Instead it rather serves to be detrimental to that process.

They aren't even good science fiction. I like "Star Trek: Next Generation", "Star Wars", & Heinlein better. [Not impressed with Hubbard's sci-fi.]

NOW if you want to criticise the way the Co$ MARKETS THE WHOLE DAMN BRIDGE, I'm with you all the way BABY! :coolwink:

Mark A. Baker

Xenu is Hubbard's case, why should I pay to run Hubbard's case?