What's new

My story in Scientology

Wilbur

Patron Meritorious
After I left staff, there was a point where I was back in the org on part-time staff, doing Treasury stuff. In theory, I was the Treas. Sec., but I don't think I actually signed another staff contract. I only did it for a few weeks, coming in in the evenings (and I did a few all-nighters) and then just didn't bother coming in. Nobody bothered chasing me. I wasn't the first in my org to have done that, after routing out. So I guess they were just glad of the free help when it was needed.

Anyway, one day the OES came into my area, and without any rhyme or reason, asked me "have you had a plant check?" It was so non sequitur that at first I didn't know what he meant. I was thinking about the kind of plant that sits in a pot on the window sill, and wondering, "what on earth is he talking about?" When he elaborated, "You know, a check to see whether you are a government agent, or sent here by psychiatry?", I laughed out loud and said "oh, I see. No. Would you like me to take one?". That seemed to satisfy him, and off he went.

What a bizarre way of looking at the outside world. I'm pretty sure that reporters and the like do occasionally infiltrate smaller orgs. But I very much doubt a psychiatrist or MI6 agent is going to spent 2 years on staff at St. Hill, and them mill around at a Class V Org. I found it quite bizarre the way senior staff members viewed the world.

Another staff member told me that the same OES once stood at the window of the org with her, and said, "Look at them. Look at them." "Look at who?" she asked."Look at all those wogs."

The same OES, who only in his early 40s, I think, was dead within 5 years of that, having developed some kind of neurological disease.

W.

JustSheila

Crusader
I like your stories, Wilbur, as well as the way you write them. Each one is so personal and detailed.

I remember when everyone was getting sec checks to see if they'd been PDHed (Pain Drug Hypnosis) and the orgs were all paranoid about that. Some time in the early 80s.

Wilbur

Patron Meritorious
I like your stories, Wilbur, as well as the way you write them. Each one is so personal and detailed.

I remember when everyone was getting sec checks to see if they'd been PDHed (Pain Drug Hypnosis) and the orgs were all paranoid about that. Some time in the early 80s.

Aw, thanks Sheila :)