What's new

Nan McLean's story.

Arthur Dent

Silver Meritorious Patron
Welcome, Nan.
You have my respect.
I'm sorry for what you and your family had to endure.
But thank you for enduring it to it's bitter end. I, for one, am grateful.
Sometimes in life we don't know how the hell we got there but find ourselves in unexpected situations where we have no choice but to stand up and see the thing through.
I hope your life is peaceful now, at last.

apple

Patron Meritorious

Hi Apple,

It would seem that we should know each other, or know of each other at the very least. Alan was at the Toronto Org.

I would like to indicate in addition to your comment about the change in personality as a result of the GO training, I have also observed that people who went to the ship for their training would return as Hubbard clones. They were obnoxious, unapproachable, sometimes violent and downright mean spirited people, nothing like their former selves. Not only was it GO training but exposure to Hubbard himself.

Happy New Year,

Best,

Nan

Nan I have sent you a PM

Sharone Stainforth

I had already seen this video several times and often wondered about Nan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0NUNp1b8Ss

Having now seen the new two videos done by Nan, I was both saddened, horrified and felt vindicated that it is vitally important to continue to expose Scientology for what it is and always has been - a volatile, violent, bullying thug that has always thought of itself as above the law.

Nan,

Thank you so much, my heartfelt best wishes for you and your family for your endurance and determination.

Love,
Sharone

Nan

Quick Reply to All. More to follow

Hi Everyone,

I am deeply touched by each and every one of you for your wonderful comments and wishes.

Scientology was obviously an experience I personally needed to have in order to grow. I had all of my faculties when I went into Scientology, what I needed was more 'self confidence' which I gained, not from the Scientology addiction but from it's aftermath.

There is still more work to be done in Australia, I want to see a full fledged 'Judicial Inquiry' and I am willing to do anything to help achieve that goal. They managed the first step but it's only a 'baby step' in my opinion. Remember the Anderson Report was the VERY FIRST inquiry into Scientology in the WHOLE world. It's come full circle back to Australia to take responsibility again and the lead, inspiring the rest of the world to COMPLETELY REMOVE it's RELIGIOUS STATUS, after which scientology should crumble like a house of cards.

Again friends thank you for your warm welcome to esmb and may 2011 bring us closer to our goals.

Love to all,

Nan

Sindy

Crusader
Hi Everyone,

I am deeply touched by each and every one of you for your wonderful comments and wishes.

Scientology was obviously an experience I personally needed to have in order to grow. I had all of my faculties when I went into Scientology, what I needed was more 'self confidence' which I gained, not from the Scientology addiction but from it's aftermath.

There is still more work to be done in Australia, I want to see a full fledged 'Judicial Inquiry' and I am willing to do anything to help achieve that goal. They managed the first step but it's only a 'baby step' in my opinion. Remember the Anderson Report was the VERY FIRST inquiry into Scientology in the WHOLE world. It's come full circle back to Australia to take responsibility again and the lead, inspiring the rest of the world to COMPLETELY REMOVE it's RELIGIOUS STATUS, after which scientology should crumble like a house of cards.

Again friends thank you for your warm welcome to esmb and may 2011 bring us closer to our goals.

Love to all,

Nan

Again, Nan, thank you so much. My deepest regards. :heartflower:

Synthia

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Hi Everyone,

Love to all,

Nan

Talking to you is like talking to Paulette Cooper (who has also posted here), you are pioneers with internal fortitude. Thankyou!
I think 2011 will indeed be a good year.:happydance: :thumbsup:

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
Wow, Nan, I just watched your videos. Great stuff! It's incredible what you went through. I got into Scn in 1975 in Canada. I heard a few snippets of this but not most of it. The GO had quite the reputation back then, though. And that GO valence! Solid as a huge lump of ironstone! Now I know why. Every GO staff member I knew save two completely disappeared from Scn when their contracts were up.

Also, now I know why Scn was having so much trouble getting their official acceptance as a Church in Ontario. I don't think they ever did get it, did they?

I knew Emil Gilbert slightly, but later than when you dealt with him. I was in TO around 1979 doing some training and Emil was CO Can. He propositioned one of the outer org students that I was training with. So much for SO rules! I also know Hilary Rockl, but after she was AG Can.

Hi Everyone,

Funny how life works that way. I was in for 16 years, mostly on staff. I've now been out for twenty, but the last few years have been a time of discovery of exactly what I was a part of. I experienced first hand some of the abuses and the insanity. Also some of the good parts. Scn is so compartmentalized and secretive that even after many years inside, I did not have the full picture. It's very enlightening to look from the outside. And very personally strengthening to actively fight the abuses. I look back at my life and it looks very interesting. Although I don't have the trappings of someone who has had a career, 2.5 children and a house in the suburbs, my life experience is quite unique. And I am sure yours is, too. You don't sound like the average bored housewife!

Love to all,

Nan

Thank-you for your help with our fight in Australia. We are giving them hell to the best of our ability. :D I am sure your video was very enlightening to the senate enquiry.

Lastly, I just want to say how much respect I have for you and other critics who stood up to the GO alone for so many years. It was a much different scene back then. Thank-you for doing what you do.

:heartflower:

blownstaffmember

Patron with Honors
Hi Nan:
You have my respect for persisting and for your strength and resolve. Thank you for what you are doing. It is amazing how that carrot of OT powers sucks people in. Once in, it's only a matter of time until people figure out how evil and corrupt that entire organization really is.

- BSM

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Hi Everyone,

Love to all,

Nan
Hi Nan!

Welcome to ESMB!!

Free Being Me

Crusader
Hi Nan, Welcome to ESMB! I watched your videos earlier this evening. It takes real character to stand up like you have and speak up. You have my complete respect!

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
5341793611_a4bcbe4a8a.jpg

L E G E N D S

Love you, Nan. And the company you keep. Rock on.​

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Dear Nan,

There is an undeniable power & truth to your message. Thank you for bringing it to the surface where so many in the CoS have labored to bury it time and time again....

All persons of good will in this world are assembled to send you smiles of gratitude and love.

I am proudly standing in that line which stretches further than the eye can see.

HH

anonomog

Gold Meritorious Patron
Welcome Nan.
I am sorry for your struggles. Thank you for speaking out loudly and clearly. You are an inspiration.

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thank you for helping our fight here in Oz and elsewhere, Nan.

You've made a valuable contribution to the struggle to see the truth out here.

You are more than welcome here as far as I'm concerned - I feel honoured that you have joined us.

Without contributions from brave souls like you, I'd probably be still stuck in a cult.

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
Welcome to ESMB, Nan! :welcome2: - Very good to have you here..

Gives me a sense of perspective.. You were already there fighting when I was being an asshole, albeit doubting, in the Guardian's Office... I blew that place in 1981.

:yes:

Sharone Stainforth

To Nan McLean

To Nan,

I hope and I pray this is whom I am talking to. I have my doubts about this and thanks to a man I put my total trust in, I have every reason to doubt anything that is put before me, I can only hope you are the one listening to me.

Seeing your video, gave me the ackknowledgement that I needed from an outside source that verified all I needed to know and acknowledge the knowledge that I know of living inside the Sea Org. You may wonder that I need a verification, but everything is against people like me. People are quick to slam and degrade and make little of what people like me have gone through. What is a victim?

A victim is someone who has been lied to, degraded and made to feel it is all their fault for falling for it.

Never doubt it? Doubt everything! Doubt everyone and everything put before you.

Make you paronoid? Doubt everyone and everything put before you.

Make you believe? Doubt everyone and everything put before you.

Trust no one!

That IS Scientology and what it can do for YOU!

What IS true for YOU is what is true for YOU and what YOU have observed to be true for you.

DOUBT is the best condition to be in with regards Scientology or any other cult, for that matter.