What's new

Need help for someone wanting out

Terril park

Sponsor
He wants to GET OUT of scientology, not be sucked into your fucking weirdo squirrel group.
This is something I've assisted with before. My phone number
has been on the website for leaving and helping those to
leave CO$ for 18 or so years. Despite danger from OSA.

Why do you assume I'll enforce unwanted ideas on
someone? You really don't get me. For 17 years I've
attended almost every anon protest. CO$ presence
in London is almost extinct and I've contributed to that.

What have you done apart from insult those who have
different viewpoints?

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation

different viewpoints?

Well, he taught himself how to edit his posts for starters (and it wasn't hard!).

:roflmao:

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband

different viewpoints?
A pathetic attempt to con us. You're going to have to do a lot better than that Terril. If you are so interested in helping people get out of scientology, why is it that you have the URL to the freakzone as your sig? The freakzone is nothing but scientology under another name, and everyone here knows you are still a hardcore believer in L. Ron Hubbard's bullshit as most of us were at one time but are no longer.

I haven't insulted you, I've called the group you love so much a fucking weirdo squirrel group, and so it is.

Last edited:

Terril park

Sponsor
A pathetic attempt to con us. You're going to have to do a lot better than that Terril. If you are so interested in helping people get out of scientology, why is it that you have the URL to the freakzone as your sig? The freakzone is nothing but scientology under another name, and everyone here knows you are a hardcore believer in L. Ron Hubbard's bullshit.

I haven't insulted you, I've called the group you love so much a fucking weirdo squirrel group, and so it is.
I'm not a hardcore believer. I'm pro scn with many
reservations and anti CO$. Thats the real fucking weirdo
squirrel group!

You've just called me a con man and say you
havn't insulted me!

I usually enjoy your posts. Some of my closest
friends think Scn is nonsense and that worries me
not one bit.

Here's something for you to contemplate.

"bigot
/ˈbɪɡət/
noun
a person who is intolerant towards those holding different opinions.
"don't let a few small-minded bigots destroy the good image of the city"
synonyms: dogmatist, partisan, sectarian, prejudiced person; "

strativarius

I'm not a hardcore believer. I'm pro scn with many
reservations and anti CO$. Thats the real fucking weirdo
squirrel group!

You've just called me a con man and say you
havn't insulted me!

I usually enjoy your posts. Some of my closest
friends think Scn is nonsense and that worries me
not one bit.

Here's something for you to contemplate.

"bigot
/ˈbɪɡət/
noun
a person who is intolerant towards those holding different opinions.
"don't let a few small-minded bigots destroy the good image of the city"
synonyms: dogmatist, partisan, sectarian, prejudiced person; "
I'm opposed to scientology and I'll do my bit to try and prevent others making the same mistake I made by getting involved. I have suffered at the hands of scientology 'ethics' and 'justice' and I have seen the hurt and the damage this pernicious cult has done to others. I want to warn people about the dangers involvement will lead to. If that makes me an intolerant, small-minded bigot I'm quite happy to live with that, and besides, I'd rather be a bigot than a shill for a noxious money-making scam masquerading as a 'religion'.

Last edited:

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
When I first left the CofS I was in contact with Terril and he was very helpful. He didn't get me involved in anything. In fact he bought my Tech and Admin volumes which freed up a lot of space on my bookshelves. He expressed surprise that I wanted to get rid of all my scientology stuff but he didn't try to persuade me to reconsider. He has his beliefs, just as we all do, but he doesn't seem to me to be a bad person.

JustSheila

Crusader
When I first left the CofS I was in contact with Terril and he was very helpful. He didn't get me involved in anything. In fact he bought my Tech and Admin volumes which freed up a lot of space on my bookshelves. He expressed surprise that I wanted to get rid of all my scientology stuff but he didn't try to persuade me to reconsider. He has his beliefs, just as we all do, but he doesn't seem to me to be a bad person.
I agree. Terril is a nice guy. I like him, too. He's really sweet, has a huge heart and sincerely likes to help people. He was one of the first people here who was friendly to me (as well as RogerB, Panda,and a few others. Later, HH and some of the Anons and really exy exes). Terril remained friends with me ever since, even though he knows I want nothing to do with Scientology and even though I usually disagree with him.

That says a lot about Terril's character. (Others, too.) Gosh, he's a nice guy.

Terril isn't going to change his mind about scn, just like Commander Birdsong won't. They had their happy moments or wins over the years and decided to keep or apply what they like and toss out the rest. There's this sort of running tension line or disagreement where Terril and other FZers like him feel they have to keep repeating that they had wins and others keep writing back to warn others not to believe the hype and that Scn is a dangerous trap.

Some things never change.

Yeh, Scn is a dangerous trap, no doubt,and Terril will gladly promote it for the FZ, but he is truly one of the nicest people anyone could know, anyway. It's a conundrum, but people are complicated.

images

strativarius

I agree. Terril is a nice guy. I like him, too. He's really sweet, has a huge heart and sincerely likes to help people. He was one of the first people here who was friendly to me (as well as RogerB, Panda,and a few others. Later, HH and some of the Anons and really exy exes). Terril remained friends with me ever since, even though he knows I want nothing to do with Scientology and even though I usually disagree with him.

Terril isn't going to change his mind about scn, just like Commander Birdsong won't. They had their happy moments or wins over the years and decided to keep or apply what they like and toss out the rest. There's this sort of running tension line or disagreement where Terril and other FZers like him feel they have to keep repeating that they had wins and others keep writing back to warn others not to believe the hype and that Scn is a dangerous trap.

Yeh, Scn is a dangerous trap, no doubt,and Terril will gladly promote it for the FZ, but he is truly one of the nicest people anyone could know, anyway. It's a conundrum, but people are complicated.

images
I have absolutely no problem with Terril believing in scientology, the moonies, alien space-invaders or anything else. What I do have a problem with is him using this ex scientologists bulletin board as a recruitment centre for the freakzone and proseletysing scientology to any unwary newbie who stumbles across this place. If it were my BB I wouldn't allow it.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP

images
I take no issue with Terril or Birdsong believing whatever they believe and/or using Scientology in their lives if that's what they wish to do. And I do feel better about Terril after what you and ThetanExterior wrote above.

What I do take issue with is anyone coming onto a board for EX members with an apparent agenda to incessantly promote Scientology and/or recruit new people. (and both of those things have been done in the past at times)

I know that some have attempted to take what they believe to be the positive stuff from Scientology and remove out the evil crap that Hubbard embedded within it. But there's so much of Hubbard's basic "scriptures" one has to remove that I can't for the life of me understand why someone would want to still keep the "Scientology" brand name. That seems to violate some basic principles of intelligent marketing, utilizing a brand name which has been so associated with harming many people through disconnection, fraudulent marketing, and so many types of abusive and/or criminal practices. If one attempts to remove those harmful elements which were intentionally inserted by the author, why keep the same brand name?
:scratch:

IF someone insists on doing just that though, and then promotes Scientology, they have IMO a moral responsibility to clearly warn others about all the negative aspects of Scientology and to tell the truth about Hubbard, not the CoS version of his biography. Failure to do this could lead others right into the same trap that led many lives being ruined by financial devastation, destruction of their families by disconnection, or the lifelong pursuit of the Bridge to Nowhere, only to find out at the end that instead of Total Freedom it was Total Bullshit.

Utilizing an analogy of a mouse nibbling at a piece of some cheese he loved and he came to eventually understand the cheese was embedded within a trap that could have easily snapped his neck, if he later told his friends and family about how good that cheese was it would also be his moral responsibility to warn them about the trap.

dining.jpg

JustSheila

Crusader
I take no issue with Terril or Birdsong believing whatever they believe and/or using Scientology in their lives if that's what they wish to do. And I do feel better about Terril after what you and ThetanExterior wrote above.

What I do take issue with is anyone coming onto a board for EX members with an apparent agenda to incessantly promote Scientology and/or recruit new people. (and both of those things have been done in the past at times)

I know that some have attempted to take what they believe to be the positive stuff from Scientology and remove out the evil crap that Hubbard embedded within it. But there's so much of Hubbard's basic "scriptures" one has to remove that I can't for the life of me understand why someone would want to still keep the "Scientology" brand name. That seems to violate some basic principles of intelligent marketing, utilizing a brand name which has been so associated with harming many people through disconnection, fraudulent marketing, and so many types of abusive and/or criminal practices. If one attempts to remove those harmful elements which were intentionally inserted by the author, why keep the same brand name?

IF someone insists on doing just that though, and then promotes Scientology, they have IMO a moral responsibility to clearly warn others about all the negative aspects of Scientology and to tell the truth about Hubbard, not the CoS version of his biography. Failure to do this could lead others right into the same trap that led many lives being ruined by financial devastation, destruction of their families by disconnection, or the lifelong pursuit of the Bridge to Nowhere, only to find out at the end that instead of Total Freedom it was Total Bullshit.

Utilizing an analogy of a mouse nibbling at a piece of some cheese he loved and he came to eventually understand the cheese was embedded within a trap that could have easily snapped his neck, if he later told his friends and family about how good that cheese was it would also be his moral responsibility to warn them about the trap.

View attachment 14681
Type4, I couldn't agree with you more.

I'm not trying to explain or justify what Terril promotes or writes here, cause I don't understand it either. RogerB, Panda and many of the others who are not FZers but still had wins include warnings and don't deny the human rights violations and other scammy things Scientology does. Those people would never recommend Scientology to others.

Terril has been asked about why he does it many times. I don't get why he does it any more than anyone else. He's just super hardheaded or stuck in his habits and ways or something. Maybe this is what the FZ demands he do, IDK. I'm just saying he's a actually a nice guy with a big heart who means well. I like that you and Strati and others correct him and put the true info out there every time he promotes Scn and I hope you never stop doing that. I'm just saying he's a nice guy, nothing hidden about him. He is the way he is and I like him even though we disagree in a real big way about his promoting scn to others. I don't expect him to change.

Terril park

Sponsor
I'm opposed to scientology and I'll do my bit to try and prevent others making the same mistake I made by getting involved. I have suffered at the hands of scientology 'ethics' and 'justice' and I have seen the hurt and the damage this pernicious cult has done to others. I want to warn people about the dangers involvement will lead to. If that makes me an intolerant, small-minded bigot I'm quite happy to live with that, and besides, I'd rather be a bigot than a shill for a noxious money-making scam masquerading as a 'religion'.

different viewpoints?
Anyone who contacts me re Scn I always tell them
to steer clear of CO$ as its a money grabbing cult. I've
had revelatory experiences with Scn.

One thing I've often written is that I've had a charmed life
and no real bad experience even from 25 years in CO$ and once I told them I disagreed that I was not clear and got them to change their mind I left and never came back.This was somewhat traumatic at the time, but what dosn't kill you makes you stronger.

I've met several people who were told "not clear" 5 times
when they were on OT levels and many similar stories on
the net.

My first experience of this area of life was when I was
6 and would involuntary exteriorize. This scared me and
no one could tell me anything about it or even understand
what I was talking about. 8 years later I managed to get
control of this and ext at will. I no longer bothered
or thought about this, problem solved. Many years later
I read about "3 feet back of your head" and this described
what I experienced for the first time.

Most people here have been interested in the spiritual
nature of man. Naturally I follow what works for me.
I have no problem with other paths. Also I agree with almost
all criticism of Scn and CO$.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Most people here have been interested in the spiritual
nature of man. Naturally I follow what works for me.
I have no problem with other paths. Also I agree with almost
all criticism of Scn and CO$.
Back when I was a Scientologist, had I read this (your words above I quoted) and it had been written by another member I'd of written a KR on you, quoting LRH, showing that you are at best a big PTS, and in need of a Severe Reality Adjustment.

Your attitude here is not at all one of a Scientologist, it violates the essence of so many basic Scientology policies, including key ones like KSW.

In my view, anyone who has no problem with other paths or agrees with almost all criticism of Scn and CO$ isn't even a Scientologist.

Bill

Gold Meritorious Patron

View attachment 14681
Exactly right. I have no problem with someone liking and using some of Hubbard's "tech". That's their choice -- but I do want anyone messing with that "tech" to be fully informed as to the downsides, i.e.: It's part of a carefully engineered trap and none of Hubbard's promised gains have actually been verifiably produced.

What I will always object to is anyone claiming specific results from Scientology processing that have not been actually tested and verified. And, since absolutely nothing of Scientology has been actually tested and verified, I tend to object to any claims of specific results from that bogus "tech".

Last edited:

Terril park

Sponsor
Back when I was a Scientologist, had I read this (your words above I quoted) and it had been written by another member I'd of written a KR on you, quoting LRH, showing that you are at best a big PTS, and in need of a Severe Reality Adjustment.

Your attitude here is not at all one of a Scientologist, it violates the essence of so many basic Scientology policies, including key ones like KSW.

In my view, anyone who has no problem with other paths or agrees with almost all criticism of Scn and CO$ isn't even a Scientologist.
As HH likes to point out anything LRH wrote he
also said the opposite. One must also look at how major
each statement was. One thing he said was that to grant beingness was probably the highest of human virtues. That
for me is more important than all the ethics and PTS
writings. He didn't say that SRAs and crush selling
were the highest human virtues.

Last edited:

strativarius

each statement was. One thing he said was that to grant beingness was probably the highest of human virtues. That
Very few people here give a flying fuck what Hubbard said Terril. You just don't get it do you? What the hell would he know about 'the highest of human virtues'? He was a bigamist, a con-man, a pathological liar, a narcissist, oh, the list goes on. But go on mate, get that tongue of yours right up into that butt hole of his why don't you?

Bill

Gold Meritorious Patron
As HH likes to point out anything LRH wrote he also said the opposite. One must also look at how major each statement was. One thing he said was that to grant beingness was probably the highest of human virtues. That for me is more important than all the ethics and PTS writings. He didn't say that SRAs and crush selling were the highest human virtues.
But this highlights the most important thing about Hubbard. Often what he said was very high-sounding and "wise" ... after all, that was the image he worked very, very hard to create. But like my mother said, "To know a person, look at what they do, not what they say."

When we look at what Hubbard did (or what he required other people to do) we see the abuses and entrapment, the crush sell, the harsh ethics, the RPF, the disconnections, and so much more.

You prefer to "know" Hubbard by what he said. Fine if that's what you think is a good thing -- but it's not a "road to truth". Unfortunately, reality is reflected in what he did. Many evil people create a cover image of "wisdom and kindness" while doing evil things.

Likewise with his "tech". What he said his "tech" did was not what it actually did. He lied. You seem to prefer his lies. That's up to you.

strativarius

One thing he said was that to grant beingness was probably the highest of human virtues.
What do you say to all the people to whom putting their trust in this 'paragon of the highest human virtues' has brought financial ruin, emotional turmoil and familial disintegration?

You're defending the indefensible and it makes me incredibly angry to read the crap you keep spouting about your mentor L. Ron Hubbard.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Terril, I (and I suspect many others) long ago realised that nice as you undoubtedly are you are also either as thick as a brick, a sandwich or three short of a picnic, stubborn, completely lacking in sensitivity or a combination of all four ... there's a whole world full of people out there but you chose the recovering ex-scientology community to try and flog your wares. You use 'niceness/granting of beingness' to try and pull people who are at a very vulnerable point in their lives back down into the sticky web of hubbard madness that you seem to enjoy. You failed (in part) because you are a spectacularly bad salesman trying to sell a pointless and redundant product.

If you were selling something that is universally wanted (like good quality but expensive ice cream) genuine 'niceness' would definitely be an asset ... but when trying to flog insane cultic thinking to people who are happily ridding themselves of it you might want to try something a bit more substantial or hire someone who can and will sell anything for money (there are thousands of them out there).

Hmmm, I seem to have successfully rid myself of yet another one of hubbards 'high human virtues'... I don't do 'granting of beingness' to every silly arse that I meet ... I'm becoming scarily discerning.

:D