NEW: Jamie DeWolf Performance on His Great Grandfather. Brilliant.

Discussion in 'Scientology-related Videos' started by Sindy, Jul 20, 2011.

View Users: View Users
  1. Mark A. Baker

Mark A. Baker Sponsor

Re: Powerful Jamie DeWolf clip

Apart from the item I excerpted, I don't have an opinion on his choice of content. I wouldn't write a poem which addressed hubbard as a subject, but then hubbard didn't mean much to me. Jamie, on the other hand, has a completely different set of life experiences and his own unique relationship with lrh. Jamie's poem, Jamie's choice of content.

I do consider the item I cited in my prior post (#7) to be of particular interest as it provides familial support to the idea of hubbard suffering from a severe mood disorder. It in fact goes further and suggests a possible family history involving mood disorders. The latter is very consistent with hubbard having suffered from bipolar disorder.

My other remark was in response to Aida's question about talent. It's also ironically amusing that Jamie's artistic interests lie very much in the same sphere as hubbard himself, whatever mine or another's personal views might be of his efforts. Neither hubbard, nor his great-grandson, are without talent. Nor need all individuals find their individual efforts personally engaging as art.

Mark A. Baker

2. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

Fair enough.

3. Veda

Veda Sponsor

The assertion that, "Hubbard was suffering from a severe mood disorder and a victim of being bipolar" is sometimes used by desperate Hubbard apologists - as a last resort - as a red herring.

Hubbard's "overt/covert"-patterned Scientology, over many decades, is amazingly consistent.

His personally designed psychological-political operation was carefully and systematically built over decades, being completed by the mid 1970s.

What "mood disorder" and "bipolarism" existed was of minor consequence in the over-all picture.

Hubbard was not a victim :bigcry:of having a "bad brain," who despite his abnormal brain gave us the Bridge to Freedom. :happydance:

He had a hidden "real goal."

And he succeeded in achieving that "real goal."

By the way, I notice that Jamie did not inherit his great grandfather's most famous trait, a trait even recognized in a court summation: Being a pathological liar.

Good for Jamie. His grandfather, Nibs, would be proud.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2011
  4. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

A comment to me from someone out but still of the mindset about this clip was that it was "very make wrong". Sigh.

5. ClamSource

ClamSource Patron with Honors

I think it's easier to accept that Hubbard was crazy who fell down the rabbit hole and brainwashed himself, rather than he deliberately and pathologically created a trap for others he knew was destructive simply for his own ends of greed and power.

6. Nicole

Nicole Silver Meritorious Patron

7. marjan

marjan Patron with Honors

8. xenubaby

xenubaby Patron

Thankyou for posting this, it great!
    xoxo

9. Stat

Stat Gold Meritorious Patron

Gave me chills... Thank you, Syn.

10. Freeminds

Freeminds Bitter defrocked apostate

A rare talent, and another roomfull of people who can never get taken in by the Con of Ron, now.

Good to know that having some LRH DNA doesn't necessarily make one destined for failure. I was really impressed by Jamie DeWolf.

11. Jamie DeWolf

Jamie DeWolf New Member

jamie dewolf here, thank you thank you for all the kind words. I'm stoked the piece is having such an impact, as I was getting really embarrassed at the old rambly rant piece of mine from ClearWater all those years ago.
    I've had many ex members privately email me and thank me and I really appreciate it. Thanks for helping spread the word. It was such an odd experience performing it, because when I said the name of L. Ron Hubbard, the audience laughed at first.
    the more I thought about it, the more I realized how important it was to remind the world of the real man behind all the mythic posturing and these myths and magic cause real damage and real havoc.

12. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

Now THAT is an understatement. :yes::biggrin:

Welcome Jamie! :welcome:

And thanks (again)! That video clip was priceless. :thumbsup:

13. bts2free

bts2free Patron with Honors

Jamie, that was brilliant. Bravo! :clap:

14. Thrak

Thrak Gold Meritorious Patron

Welcome to the board Jamie! That was a great, gutsy performance. Osa must really hate this place since more and more of their "unmentionables" keep showing up here.

Question to the moderators: Could the 2 different Jamie threads be merged?

15. Captain Koolaid

Captain Koolaid Patron Meritorious

Epic performance. Entertaining and informative. :thumbsup:

16. Sindy

Sindy Crusader

17. FoTi

FoTi Crusader

Wouldn't that be a hoot? :biggrin:

It would be great if he got booked on a whole lot of talk shows on TV.

18. TheRealNoUser

TheRealNoUser Patron with Honors

I just watched this video by James DeWolf linked from another website, and then found this thread already existed here on ESMB.

Anyone who has not seen it, watch it. This guy is awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciupsqkLLkQ

19. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

There's a great piece that Nanette Asimov wrote for the San Francisco Chronicle on Jamie, I believe published yesterday:

Descendant of Scientology’s founder has disciples of his own

Also, if you haven't already seen Jamie's performance "The Girl in the Hallway" it's one of his best IMO. (Nothing to do with Scientology)

[video=youtube;U_hfUKXEAvk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_hfUKXEAvk&feature=youtu.be[/video]