New Study Proves Peoples' Brains Work in Sync Together

Discussion in 'Human Potential, Self Discovery' started by JustSheila, Apr 29, 2017.

View Users: View Users
  1. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

It will be interesting to find out if the extended study shows any sort of limitation on the number of people who can brain-sync together at the same time. Right now it's only being tested in the classroom, but hopefully they'll test Internet for that, too.

I also wonder how that affects general learning (faster?) Does it enhance or inhibit creative individual thought on the subject?

I'm not sure how related this is, but I found that with wild flocks of parrots, if the leader was willing to show off his skills for food and the whole flock was intent on eating, the rest of the flock also became bolder and more innovative, coming up with all sorts of silly, playful things. Once (but only ONCE!) I had a flock of 30-40 wild parrots visiting and after some prompting from me, the leader imitated me and gave me a rough, throaty "hello," - and the rest of the flock did the same! (or their best attempt to do the same, as it were). A hundred other times, this didn't happen, so this one time was pretty impressive.

Others would dance, do flips, swing on vines, or all sorts of entertaining things when the flock leader was bold - all following his lead, all synced on their intention to get food, but their confidence was far beyond any one of them alone, with powerful ambition to perform well for the group's sake as well as their own, so they were brave enough to try new things.

So the potential is pretty exciting, IMO.

The downside is the mob effect, where people are sync'ed into violent and stupid. I doubt this study will touch on that, though.

2. dchoiceisalwaysrs

dchoiceisalwaysrs Gold Meritorious Patron

I wonder if there is a correlation similar to the observer effect which can be there but not readily ascertained or isolated as to cause and effect and measured. Of course there is the two-way aspect to be considered also.

Just for simplicity, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Observer_effect_(physics)