What's new

New to board and searching for long-lost friends

Free Will

Patron with Honors
Flood

I've heard of a Pauline Flood at St Hill, was there a Pam as well?
Yes. I believe she began as Pamela Walker in her native Leeds, She helped start the Leeds Franchise (Mission) with her first husband Howard Thomson and a bunch of friends including Peter Thompson and Vic Lyons. The marriage to Dave Flood lasted only weeks - she baulked at the idea of living in Sea Org quarters.
My guess is that David chose a new Mrs Flood, first name Pauline?

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Yes. I believe she began as Pamela Walker in her native Leeds, She helped start the Leeds Franchise (Mission) with her first husband Howard Thomson and a bunch of friends including Peter Thompson and Vic Lyons. The marriage to Dave Flood lasted only weeks - she baulked at the idea of living in Sea Org quarters.
My guess is that David chose a new Mrs Flood, first name Pauline?

(Cue Twilight Zone Theme)
Ah, Howard and the Leeds Franchise; my first encounter with Scn, my first LRH book, my first meeting with an SO Missionaire on a FOLOUK Recruitment Mission, the beginning of it all.... (fade to grey)

solo

Patron with Honors

Pam (Flood/Thompson) moved back to Yorkshire and married John Harris. Very sorry to say she died on Christmas Day from a brain tumour. Howard died not long after.

Pauline (Flood/Shantz) was previously married to someone called Patrick (Religan?) I think Pauline and Peter had about four children between them.
Goodness, there's a lot of truth in that old tale about everyone in Saint Hill (and maybe East Grinstead) being "related by divorce"!

Solo

Cherub

Back from the Dead
Welcome to the board CP! I wouldnt mind finding some old friends myself, was q volunteer staff at AOLA in 1968, when it first opened, wild and wooly. OT3 had just came out and, as CO Ira Chaleff told me, lots of fish and fumble on the ship.
Bob Harvey was OTL Liasaon, Reggie Farnum was head of Qual -- even Alan Walters was still on board at that time, giving "success stories." O My!!!

Next came Capt Bill Robertson -- I am sure a few of you remember him!!!

Anybody?

The Cherub

dexter gelfand

Patron Meritorious
From late 80's (when I knew him - but he'd been around a while, I think). Dexter Gelfand was his name and I liked him a great deal.

I'd sure like to give him my hand to shake - again. PM would be fine if anyone has data.

EP
Hello EP, I'm Dexter Gelfand, thanks for the kind words. If you want to shake my hand I'd be honored, but you'll have to visit California, because I relocated out here a few months ago, Been a Freezoner for a while now.

I have to admit, I'm most curious as to who you are. I just googled my name and came across your post.

Regards,
Dex

Carmel

Crusader
Hello EP, I'm Dexter Gelfand, thanks for the kind words. If you want to shake my hand I'd be honored, but you'll have to visit California, because I relocated out here a few months ago, Been a Freezoner for a while now.

I have to admit, I'm most curious as to who you are. I just googled my name and came across your post.

Regards,
Dex
Hey Dex,

I just came across your post here, while looking for something else. I see that you are new to the board - Welcome! :thumbsup:

Chances are, there would be others on the board who know you, and others like me, who'd like to welcome you - so maybe it'd be a good idea to introduce yourself under "New Member Introductions", to let people know you are here. :)

All the best,
Carmel

Palimpsest

Don't Stand Me Down
Anyone know what happened to Richard Lynes and his enforcer Mick Knowles (from Leeds Org late 70's early 80's)?

I know Lynes was turfed out for dubious auditing practices (several couples who were attending the org were all on the verge of breaking up due to 'guidance' from Lynes who was auditor there) but he intended setting himself up as a freelance auditor for his devotees!!

Knowles received a big lump of compensation (£35k ... LOT of money then) after a pre Scientology accident in the Merchant Navy ('I've cracked the physical universe') he spent the majority of this pre paying for the OT Levels for himself, his partner and her son (from a previous relationship) left Scientology then spent years trying to get his money back.

I wasn't sure what happened for Knowles to leave but he was banned from entering the Leeds Org or contacting devotees, he once asked me to approach them to flog all his Scientology books (basically EVERYTHING LRH had written in smart faux leather bindings) and his E Meter.

My approach was met with some suspicion and the ban was also imposed on me (nothing new)

Knowles did say to me 'the tech works' and claimed he and his partner still did 'book one co audits' on each other even after leaving (being thrown out) of Scientology.

I'm curious to know what became of them, so if you know them (or sadly) are them, let me know.

Last edited: