New to posting but not to Scientology - a question

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by LookingBack, Dec 19, 2016.

View Users: View Users
  1. Enthetan

Enthetan Master of Disaster

Auditing, itself, may have disappeared into the abyss as well. We don't hear much about auditing completions. These days, the push is for getting people to pay for "Ideal Orgs" and IAS status.

2. Leland

Leland Crusader

Yes, I remember rather well, after the event at the Paldium in Hollywood announcing Hubbard’s death.....there was talk about a new course being made ready for release regarding one “preparing to drop the body.”

There was quite a buzz among the Los Angeles public about this new course.

Then.... nothing more was heard about it after a day or two. Talk about it died pretty fast!

I would imagine the Cult would get some massive scrutiny if some sort of “heaven’s gate “ style mass suicide occurred!

Plus the cult would lose all those paying public!

But I do agree that if some Cult Course like this was released....I have no doubt many would sign up to do it !

3. Lulu Belle

Lulu Belle Moonbat

Yeah, that thought occurred to me after I posted....

4. exseaorgclocmoflagetc

exseaorgclocmoflagetc Patron with Honors

yes ... about the rash on the face...the nursery was disgusting....too many kids..seemed like 15 to 20 at time sometimes.....stuck like poop all the time...roaches everywhere..you would open the fridge that held all the kids food and milk and they would scatter.....::::puke::: there was no such thing as washing your hands...ever.

5. Teanntás

Teanntás Silver Meritorious Patron

Many familiar names. Anybody know when and how Wes Becher died - he must have been quite young.

6. Maisha

Maisha Patron

@Churchill @zenwarrior. I realize that I am very late to this conversation, but one of you mentioned Ben and Cora Gibson. Do you or any other posters here have any recent news of either of them.? I was able to be in touch with Ben briefly but lost track of him again. I know Cora remarried and had I think two sons long ago. I believe they live in Florida. Any news would be gratefully received.

7. Churchill

Churchill Gold Meritorious Patron

With any luck I’ll be at HowdyCon, coming up soon. If you’re there, I look forward to meeting you.

8. Wilbur

Wilbur Patron Meritorious

(I know I am replying to an old post, but...) when I first got into Scientology, not having read the grade chart carefully enough yet, I presumed that the Bridge went all the way up to OTXV. I too was giddy at the idea of being able to operate without a body. I conjured up images of there being many OTXV completions who were now operating without bodies (not just OUTSIDE their body, but WITHOUT a body). I suppose I must have been quite upset when I realised that nothing beyond OTVIII had even been released.

It has now been over 30 years since the current highest OT level (OTVIII) was released. They have been muttering about releasing OTIX and X for probably close to three decades now also. It must be obvious to most still-ins that OTIX and X will never be released. On the other hand, DM must be running out of sales tricks by now. I wonder whether the reason the Briefing Course doesn't seem to be being delivered any more is because there is a plan to release an OT IX within, say, the next 5 years, oh, and the pre-requisites will include the BC and possibly the Class VIII course (which also doesn't appear to be being delivered now). He could hike up the price of both, newly-released courses, add a bunch of run-around other arbitrary (and expensive) things that you have to do before you can complete the BC, and then, to show that you are 'responsible enough' to receive OTIX, you have to 'idealise' the nearest morg to you that has not yet gone ideal. That would keep the current clutch of OTVIIs and VIIIs running around busy for another couple of decades.

When it gets announced, remember you heard it here first.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • List
  9. Wilbur

Wilbur Patron Meritorious

Yup. And surely it must be leading to even more of an exodus. At the very least, the best strategy for those hopeful of going OT would be to stay away from orgs until they have saved up enough money for their next few steps on the Bridge.

Oh, wait a minute. Didn't I read somewhere on ESMB that people are now being declared merely for being INACTIVE? If so, it figures.

10. Gib

Gib Crusader

what you state is what I have been saying in various treads thruout ESMB. That is Hubbard's use of the sublime. The sublime is a hard concept to understand, but every EP on the grade chart is but sublime, in addition and especially to the upper levels of unreleased OT levels to create sublime.

There are many definitions for sublime, but it's philosophy/literary definition applies. The sublime is like the glee of having wins in auditing and reading Hubbard's so called words of wisdom, of having cognitions. To keep one involved.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sublime_(literary)

of course, dianetics and scientology are bunk, no clears or OT's.