New Year's resolutions

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Emma, Dec 27, 2007.

View Users: View Users
  1. Emma

Emma Mother of Dragons Administrator

Ok, it's that time of the year. The time where you decide you are going on that diet, going to the gym, start to save money, going to travel etc...

What are your NY resolutions?

2. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

I'm going to make that bit of extra effort to eat better food! More green crunch and veggie juices etc. :)

Now you haven't mentioned yours?

3. programmer_guy

programmer_guy True Ex-Scientologist

My New Year's resolution is to complete my construction of a Gigabit LAN/server rackmount cabinet for my living room. :D

(And also install security cameras for my entry way, balcony, and windows.)

Last edited: Dec 27, 2007
  4. Emma

That is such a boy resolution. No mention at ALL of dieting or toning :angry:

5. Björkist

Björkist Silver Meritorious Patron

To watch more NASCAR...

I really slacked in '07.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2007
  6. Emma

I have a zillion of them!

- Eat more healthily
    - Exercise more
    - Complete my diploma
    - Spend more time in the real world and less in the cyber world
    - Spend more quality time with my daughter/ Find a new hobby/sport I can do with her
    - Save some money

And as of this afternoon I have a new one.

I'm going to try very hard to follow this new rule:

"Never play a game you can't win".

7. The Oracle

The Oracle Gold Meritorious Patron

Never thought I would say this, but my New Years resolurion is to make a battle plan every morning and follow it throughout the day.

Set diet targets for the weight I gained pigging out from Thanksgiving through Christmas so I don't go into a panic when it's time to go to the pool in July and I pull out a bikini.

Actually clean out the greenhouse this spring and use it to grow things instead of of using it for a storage shed.

Stay out of the beauty shop when I get bored and let my hair grow back long.

Enroll for voice lessons so I stop getting heckled on Karioke night at the local pub. Deep down I know there is another voice inside me besides Minnie Mouse.

Get back in the habit of snail mail so the elders in my family can actually know what is going on in my life.

What a depressing agenda. Yuk!

Let's be real,....all I can really know I'll get around to is not eating. That's easy. do nothing.

It'll probably be five years before I confront that greenhouse.

I don't really care if I sound like Minnie Mouse when I sing, what am going for a grammy at the local pub?

Snail mail...I still haven't mailed out my Christmas cards.

How will I get through New Years Eve without going to the beauty shop?

Let me start over and try to be more honest.

I will get skinny before bikini weather this year.

I will not beat myself up for all the things I "should" be doing that I am not. I will give myself a pat on the back for what I've accomplished and who I am right now and what I have. It's all been good enough. The world is better because I lived in it.

I will do what brings me interest and joy and have fun and be ready for any miracles to fall in my lap that want to manifest themselves.

O.K., I'm ready for all that. Bring it on.

Happy New Year!

T.I.

8. programmer_guy

Ahhh... but I'll bet that my resolution is more fun to do than your resolution. :D

9. programmer_guy

Home grown veggies are the best!

10. The Oracle

Now I want to clean out the greenhouse.

You're right, I have to think further ahead than the labor and focus on the rewards.

You sure know how to handle a girl!

Just dangle a fresh carrot in front of my nose!

T.I.

11. programmer_guy

theillusioness,

At one place where I used to live I had a veggie garden that was 11 feet deep by 30 feet wide. I dug lots of pits and filled them with potting soil (no substitutes!). I built a lattice over about 20 feet of it (as a experiment) to shield them from about 30-50% of the hot Summer California sun (this helped a lot).

Some of the things I grew were lots of tomatoes (I like "champions" the best), peppers (habanero and jalapeno), chives (sniped with kitchen scizzors and put in salads), cantelope, watermelon. BTW, I usually don't care for cantelope BUT my homegrown were delicious and almost syrupy when I picked them ripe off the vine.

12. Martini

Martini Patron Meritorious

1. To quit smoking
    2. To excercise more/work out more

13. Alan

Alan Gold Meritorious Patron

To get a fun life!

14. Nec_V20

Nec_V20 Patron Meritorious

My New Year's Resolution?

To rip off the arm, and club to death with the soggy end, of the first person to ask me after 00:00 of January 01/08 what my New Year's Resolution was.

BTW I am also a big fan of Retro-Phrenology - Social Darwinism in its purest form.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2007
  15. The Oracle

I've done a lot of gardening in my life. It's one of my favorite hobbies. I planted a tomato patch once that fed the whole villiage! The stuff grew way out of control. I go for tomatoes, cukes, peppers. The fruit sounds like a good idea. I planted three apple trees and two cherry trees right before fall.
    That must have been some effort to get things to grow in that desert. But you have so many options in that climate. Like lemon tress and avacado trees. I would love to have an avacado tree but I would have to grow it in the house in this climate. I'll have to post some greenhouse photo's once I get it going well. Thanks for the encouragment. T.I.

16. jodie

jodie Patron with Honors

No resolutions. It is still the same old shit, nothing will be different, or better.

- jodie

17. programmer_guy

Where I live it is not desert (i.e. "arid"). It is called "semi-arid".

For my area of SoCal I have found out... as long as there is partial sun shield (like a lattice), sufficient irrigation, and a fertil soil (like potting soil)... vegetables grow really well.

BTW, I found out that I should wear gloves when mincing habenero peppers, otherwise, I get burning finger tips in about an hour after the capsicum oil from these particular peppers penetrates the skin on my finger tips. Ha.

18. tessa

tessa Patron

Stop being workaholic...Ah ,i think i am in sea org mode.yes:i did all my targets,payed off my morgage,quited smoking and did all my renos!tessa