What's new

NLP and Scientology

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infinity

Patron
Thanks!

Yes, there are some great people in Scientology. I knew many when I was in. Most telling for me is what happens when they get out. I have reconnected with a dozen or so friends who also left the church, people I admired when we were both in, and every single one is thrilled to be out, free to think what they want, happier, and more switched on than they were when in.

Freedom in my own mind is so precious I still emit the occasional war whoop, two decades later.

Hi Org,

It is good to know that there are people out there with very nice intentions and are doing such good work in trying to help with their kindness :)

Love

Johnny

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Hi Org,

It is good to know that there are people out there with very nice intentions and are doing such good work in trying to help with their kindness :)

Love

Johnny

This response reminds me of when I was really new to Scientology, on the comm course at London Org, and a staff member came up to me (after course) and shook me by the shoulders and said "Join staff!" I assumed he was doing some Scientology trick to implant the suggestion or something and told him to undo it. He just smiled.

I did actually join the SO two weeks later so maybe it worked after all. (Joke)

But the thing is, when one knows the other person has spent years immersed in mind-trickery -- and one knows little of the details -- there can be an immediate distrust of anything he/she says, even if it is completely genuine and devoid of all artifice.

Paul

Last edited:

Infinity

Patron
Posted by Infinity and snipped.

I think you may have just confirmed one of Sheila's points ... the world is now full of wankers who, instead of simply communicating ... are trained to use silly tricks to attempt to gain an edge and appear to be (cough) ... clever.

Just out of (admittedly half-hearted) interest ... are you interested in NLP and scientology from the viewpoint of the dog (client) or the trainer (wannabe therapist)?

Hey!

Don't be cruel to dogs :angry: Dogs have feelings too :angry:

Haven't you ever learnt about Jesus parable:

Matthew 15
21 Then Jesus went thence, and departed into the coasts of Tyre and Sidon.
22 And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil.
23 But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us.
24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
25 Then came she and worshiped him, saying, Lord, help me.
26 But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs.
27 And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table.
28 Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour.
29 And Jesus departed from thence, and came nigh unto the sea of Galilee; and went up into a mountain, and sat down there.
30 And great multitudes came unto him, having with them those that were lame, blind, dumb, maimed, and many others, and cast them down at Jesus' feet; and he healed them:
31 Insomuch that the multitude wondered, when they saw the dumb to speak, the maimed to be whole, the lame to walk, and the blind to see: and they glorified the God of Israel.

Last edited by a moderator:

Infinity

Patron
Hi NLP Salesman,

If you had a better idea of what Human Resources work entails in the last 10 years, you wouldn't presuppose that anyone would be fooled to believe that Human Resources is actually Marketing, which is a separate division of any corporation.

Yes, I was quite amazed to see so many Google Hits for NLP sites there were falsely listed under these companies' names.

They were not the actual company websites.

For example, the genuine United Rentals website is here:

https://www.unitedrentals.com/

but a Google Search for NLP United Rentals comes up with a fake website here:
Fake Website: https://www.unitedrentals.com/en/our-company/about-united-rentals
Note that the fake website has a /en

Tony Ortega ran a story about how Google is getting gamed by Scientology. It appears quite a few companies have been gamed by NLP through Google, too.

Tony's story is here:

http://tonyortega.org/2016/06/28/ho...th-for-and-against-the-church-of-scientology/

Thank you for providing an excellent example of how both Scientology and NLP have gamed Google.

Hi JustSheila,

Why don't you quote my post properly so that you can at least read it one more time to understand and/or comprehend what I've said. And yes. No, Human Resources is not marketing :)

As with Google, it does not pertain to the topic at hand like you think. I suggested Google just in case you were trying to find the list of companies up in the phone book so that you can find their number to call faster - besides, there could be changes to the phone numbers of head offices and most phone book numbers are going to direct you to the retail divisions, and not the actual corporate head offices themselves so I suggested you may want to find them phone number directly from Google.

But apart from that, the topic has nothing to do with Google.

The point is that NLP is not something "new" or "old". It's a study of the structure of how we operate with language and internal representations (thoughts) and behaviours and it looks at uncovering the structures so that we can re-pattern, change, design, create, generate, (in no particular significant order of words) transform your present experience to a desired experience. NLP isn't something we do. It's an attitude of learning and being aware of what is already happening so that we have choice.

But back to topic, what are some of the things that are better or more advanced or more effective or more elegant or more fun or more useful than NLP that you personally know or at least aware of?

Thanks

Johnny

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Not if the dog is smart :eyeroll:

And the trainer is intelligent :yes:

Maybe if we can be just a tad more open minded, we'll learn something new :happydance:

Posted by Infinity and snipped.

I think you may have just confirmed one of Sheila's points ... the world is now full of wankers who, instead of simply communicating ... are trained to use silly tricks to attempt to gain an edge and appear to be (cough) ... clever.

Just out of (admittedly half-hearted) interest ... are you interested in NLP and scientology from the viewpoint of the dog (client) or the trainer (wannabe therapist)?

Snipped.

Hey!

Don't be cruel to dogs :angry: Dogs have feelings too :angry:

You didn't answer the question.

:no:

Are you interested in NLP and scientology from the viewpoint of the client or the practitioner?

Infinity

Patron
Snipped.

You didn't answer the question.

:no:

Are you interested in NLP and scientology from the viewpoint of the client or the practitioner?

Dude, seriously though, before you make any more disgusting comments about dogs (animals) or children (little girls). Who is that on your pic there? Did you steal that pic to hide yourself like a coward? <trolling and insults removed Mod 3375>

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Dude, seriously though, before you make any more disgusting comments about dogs (animals) or children (little girls). Who is that on your pic there? Did you steal that pic to hide yourself like a coward? <trolling and insults removed Mod 3375>

Thank-you for (finally) communicating as your true self.

:seeya:

Infinity

Patron
Guys,

I am grateful to have to have received so many great comments and opinions from so many great folks out there with such a wealth of resources and experience.

All ideas welcome and keep them coming :)

Warm Regards

Johnny

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
Dude, seriously though, before you make any more disgusting comments about dogs (animals) or children (little girls). Who is that on your pic there? D<trolling and insults removed Mod 3375>

Couple of things...

Firstly, please show me where these 'disgusting comments' of ITYIWT are, and secondly, if you've got anything more to say I suggest you say it quickly, because I think your time here on this MB is just about up IMO.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Couple of things...

Firstly, please show me where these 'disgusting comments' of ITYIWT are, and secondly, if you've got anything more to say I suggest you say it quickly, because I think your time here on this MB is just about up IMO.

Mmmm ... I reported his post (something I've never done before).

Infinity

Patron
Couple of things...

Oh yes sorry my bad.

Maybe he/she? didn't say anything disgusting. I just assumed that anybody who are either cruel to clients or dogs (especially dogs) and people who steal little girls pictures as disgusting.

Sorry, I apologise strativarius. I could have been assuming too much - that person behind the little girl could be a sweet heart...

I hope I will be forgiven...

Johnny

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
Oh yes sorry my bad.

Maybe he/she? didn't say anything disgusting. I just assumed that anybody who are either cruel to clients or dogs (especially dogs) and people who steal little girls pictures as disgusting.

Sorry, I apologise strativarius. I could have been assuming too much - that person behind the little girl could be a sweet heart...

I hope I will be forgiven...

Johnny

I guess we all get to find out how effective NLP is in influencing people.

Tick Tock.

Infinity

Patron
It must be Thursday 2 PM somewhere.

Or overlook it and/or laugh at it? Really??

Sorry, I wasn't familiar with the customs. But I am interested in anything better than NLP and Scientology.

I am still open to learn though (i'll be the first one to forgive first) :)

All comments welcome.

Johnny

Infinity

Patron
Hey guys,

If anybody like to would like to share something positive or useful that you would like to add, feel free to read the first two pages and/or simply share your experience of what you have enjoyed.

I know there's over a million pages of crtics (and a lot of bitterness...) but I know and trust there are good folks out there who are constructive and helpful.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks

Johnny

Infinity

Patron
Friends,

I am primarily interested to find out things to learn from that has helped you personally and has enriched you in some way.

Nobody or system is perfect in every way and I am excited at the level and speed of innovation we have available and ongoing.

What are some patterns and processes that you have discovered, that gave you more choice and freedom?

If you were to pick 3-5 things that you have found useful, that which you would be interested to leave behind for a legacy that you find will add constructive value to us, what would they be?

Kind Regards

Johnny

Status
Not open for further replies.