No case on post demonstrates Scientology is a Con

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by jodie, Dec 30, 2007.

View Users: View Users
  1. jodie

jodie Patron with Honors

This post is not meant to offend those who use the tech and get benefits from it. It is my viewpoint, take it or leave it.
    When I was in Scientology, way back when, one of the things that jarred the “shiny happy people” facade was that thing of “no case on post!”. I cannot tell you how many people (ex-Scientologists) have said that was a totally wrong indication for them.

Indeed. If you can “make it go right” to have “no case on post”, then why the f#@k do you need Scientology?

Conversely, the Org staff environment is such an insane one, it *creates* case.

Here’s the kicker. Why on EARTH (teegeack), if you have in your hands the spiritual technology that will solve all mankind’s problems, not USE it on your own staff? Surely, by handling their case every now and then, when needed, you would have totally superpowered staff? I mean, if you drive a car, you don’t expect it to keep going – you maintain and service it, keep it in good condition, if you expect it to perform well.

I concluded that that proved that Scientology is a Con. If they did actually use Hubbard’s tech on their staff, it would show that it doesn’t work. Hence: “no case on post”, and if anything goes wrong, the burden of responsibility is on the staff member who obviously let “case on post happen.”

Neat.

- jodie

Last edited: Dec 30, 2007
  2. Alanzo

Alanzo Banned

I love this post, Jodie.

I think these are the kind of thoughts that demonstrate separation from the con.

These are the little contradictions that you lived with and looked away from for so long as a Scientologist. Once they pop up, right in front of you, and you DON'T look away from them, and you post them like this for everyone to see - I think that's the way that I got the most benefit from forums like this.

Thanks for this one.

It's a great one.

3. jodie

jodie Patron with Honors

Pleasure, and you're welcome, Alanzo. :)

- jodie

4. Ralph Hilton

Ralph Hilton Patron Meritorious

Isnt the "no case on post" rule what is expected in most places where one works? Employers don't pay people to sit around talking about their cases.
    It is quite hard to get a job done if someone is insisting on talking about their ARC breaks or whatever. I see the rule as a sane one which separates out doing one's job and the time one spends as a PC working on one's own case.
    However I see that the orgs have a duty to ensure that the staff get regular enhancement and the lack of doing so is very wrong. I don't see it as an indication that Scientology doesn't work but that Scientology wasn't and isn't being applied.
    I have seen organizations where staff did get regular enhancement and were happy and productive. They were mostly missions run independently of SO control.

5. Alan

Alan Gold Meritorious Patron

:) Jodie!

I used to look around me - in Scio and wonder what else is on post if it is not a case! :lol:

Case being the collective sum total of ones experiences.......err ....the later LRH definition CASE, the whole sum of past by-passed charge. (HCOB 19 Aug 63)

6. Alan

Alan Gold Meritorious Patron

Good points Ralph! :)

7. RolandRB

RolandRB Rest in Peace

It doesn't read "no discussing case on post". It just reads "no case on post". Lacking a specific reference and context I would take that to mean that your "case" is not allowed to affect you while doing your job of making money for the fatman. And if case can be overridden like that it should be possible to have "no case in life" and so waive two fingers at one of the biggest frauds pulled on mankind.

8. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Banned

How bout, there's 'no case' period. Not as defined and described by Hubbard. Nor is there any 'no case' as the lofty state supposedly achieved by Scientology 'processing'. At least, I haven't seen any. Clear bracelets or OT certs notwithstanding.

Zinj

9. jodie

jodie Patron with Honors

Exactly. You got it.

- jodie

10. Voltaire's Child

Voltaire's Child Fool on the Hill

I know what you mean, Jodie. CofS is restimulative. People are all "PTS" there- meaning, they're all under stress, they're not doing so well, they're not happy and it's because of CofS.

But if you take just the concept of no case on post and apply this to some situation that is not cultic, then it works fine.

If I'm trying to do my job and I frequently am misemotional and freaking out all the time, I'll not only not get much done, but I will also affect those around me.

That's what the PL is saying.

However, CofS is a hostile working and studying environment and pulling all that crap on staff and even public then slamming them anytime they "have case on post" or "case in the courseroom" is evading responsibility- which is something CofS does extremely well.

11. jodie

jodie Patron with Honors

Alan! :eyeroll:

See what Roland said. It is simple really.

- jodie

12. jodie

jodie Patron with Honors

Hubbard said: - no case on post. So if something came up that could be defined as case, instead of using this miraculous tech to quickly fix it, and move on - it was - NO case on post.

In normal ordinary organizations - they are not selling the cure to all mankinds ailments, spiritually, whereas Hubbard was. That is a bit like comparing apples and oranges. It really is very simple - if his tech was as powerful and cure-all as it is claimed, all the wrongs on the orgs and service delivery could be very quickly solved by applying the tech whenever case appears on post. Yes?

- jodie

13. jodie

jodie Patron with Honors

Yes, agreed, in normal organizations that are not selling the cure for case. But my point is - why not use the cure when case manifests? It seems ludicrous not to use it, if it is the miraculous solution. The solution to handling case is supposedly right there, but it is not used?

It makes no sense. If I have a cure for uh, what, ok, headaches: assume my staff get headaches while on the job (so to speak), and I tell them they cannot take the cure for their headache while they are on the job?

- jodie

14. Alan Prost

Alan Prost New Member

Alan Prost

Hello to you:
    Back before Mr Miscarrage, staff did recieve auditing enmass.
    It was the agreed purpose and operating tech applied, especialy in
    the SO, with LRH at the helm that put actual OT's back on the universal
    map.
    Perhaps in retrospect the policies and admin tech were simply to
    much to soon. In my 35 years I was never able to stay on policy, to
    do this I would have never even got through the doors of SH ,having to
    stand outside doing writeups on the policy outnesses of sight and sound
    alone,we used to joke about this phenomenon.
    However from the old mans veiwpoint ,he was in a bit of a challenge with
    time to get it all down and in.
    Perhaps a minimum of enthusiasum was and is required by each member of
    a group for it to run smoothly, a tone that LRH output in abundance.
    Interestingly from a viewpoint of enthusiasum, as a chronic tone, onesimply rides over the bumps and obsticles, as does the race winner whom
    one may find is simply professionaly enthusiastic.
    All LRH ever wanted to do was to give others a way to be enthusiastic
    consitently under any conditions, about themselves, others ,and life ,or
    across the dynamics, this culminated as the tech, simple realy.
    In conclusion Scientology, the org not the tech, was simply an experiment
    that by Elrons own admission ,failed but only in some respects.
    One of which was the daft notion that beings with case, not chronically
    at enthusiasum ,could operate with no case on post.
    I suppose that Elron had more faith in me than I could muster in myself,
    and for this "I thank him" and all those who keep going reguardless.

15. Ralph Hilton

Ralph Hilton Patron Meritorious

It doesn't work that fast. Hubbard exaggerated a lot. When someone really is stuck in being a victim then they can create misery for their co-workers with endless whining. Perhaps it would take 50 or 200 hours of auditing to get them above it.

Why should their co-workers be inflicted with that person's case while they get it handled?

The co-workers have a certain right not to have others' BS continually interrupting their efforts to deliver a product.

If you take a person in session every time they dramatize their case on post then those who are playing the victim would quickly commandeer all the auditors' time. All the effort of the auditors would go into handling the least productive staff. While those who were stronger and kept their case off the production lines would get no auditing. Would that be right?

16. SchwimmelPuckel

SchwimmelPuckel Genuine Meatball

Ralph, are you talking about a Scientology org? - Where wellmeaning volunteers work for almost nothing to help the cause.. And get treated like slaves and criminals. Made to feel like shit.. Right in that organization that brags that they can make you happy, intelligent and effective! - But declines to do so for their staff..

I have seen NOBODY on staff getting auditing in the GO and anywhere else I could look. Auditing your mis'rable case was considered a 'luxury' that came -after- Staff Training and Hatting. And Staff Training and Hatting was a never ending story!

Jodies point is valid! - 'No Case on Post!' exposes Scientology as a con.. If there was any advantage for the orgs in having Clear and OT staff they would make it so. They don't, so there is no advantage!

And besides.. The Clears and OT's I knew was as nutty, or even nuttier, than me! - On or off post!

:D

17. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

Often said I lived and live a charmed life. My staff time was at London.
    LRH had " flag" there at one time. Had lots of well qualled tech staff when I was there. ( 79-82)

There is an LRH issue which says any action which gets staff audited and trained is valid.

At London, in my time, Staff got audited by the day or foundation tech terminals as appropriate at £4 per hour. It worked.

18. SchwimmelPuckel

SchwimmelPuckel Genuine Meatball

Yes Terril, I heard about that. I never saw it or experienced it... Like hearing about the faboulous spiritual culture of the ancient Aztecs.

Amazingly 79-82 is the same time period as I talk about. But this was the GO and everything was balls out emergency there.. Even though the orgs in DK were friendlier places, there was too much re-posting and new hatting going on.

:D

Last edited: Dec 31, 2007
  19. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

I was in the GO at the same time. No case handling there - it was all hatting, hatting, hatting.....! I think the only thing I ever saw was when one staff member was very sick and had some assists. :confused2:

20. nw2394

nw2394 Silver Meritorious Patron

You're not wrong there of course. A great many orgs, both SO ones and the lower orgs had so much musical chairs going on that it was virtually impossible even to get a full hat done before being moved on to yet another post. So, even if the org did have someone who had the time to audit staff (itself a rarity), then one was never hatted enough to be in a position to recieve such services.

It became so bad that even the purpose to get hatted was blunted. The staff section officer (if there was one) would spend most of their time hassling staff to go to the courseroom, which nobody was interested in going to because it was a waste of time getting hatted.

It has to be said that this musical chairing almost exclusively came from pressure "up lines", plus "up lines" ripping off staff to fill their own requirements, itself driven by further demands from someone else even further "up lines".

The musical chairs situation was literally insane and, in the long run, one of the worst causes of org difficulty. Perhaps even THE worst one.

However, putting aside that insanity for one moment, the no case on post issue is, in and of itself, essentially correct as Ralph points out.

I think missions were, at least prior to 82 anyway, relatively immune from that rubbish. Don't know about after that at all.

Nick