No case on post demonstrates Scientology is a Con

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by jodie, Dec 30, 2007.

View Users: View Users
  1. Alan

Alan Gold Meritorious Patron

Nah! I was a squirrel and rip-off artist - it says so in all my comm ev's.

I also taught my students how to live better lives - how to increase their income - how to have better relationships - it was within the frame work of "Think and grow Rich across the Dynamics!"

:D

2. Voltaire's Child

Voltaire's Child Fool on the Hill

Yo, Jodie,

I do personally think there's some good in the tech- but I no longer give it unqualified and wholehearted approbation...Meaning, I do like it but don't think it's perfect...

That is why I also am pro other methods- even psychology!

Yeah, and I think we can agree that they don't practice what they preach.

BTW, enjoying your posts.:happydance:

3. Vinaire

Vinaire Sponsor

So, they were very happy with your squirrel version of Scientology!

4. ExScnDude

ExScnDude Patron with Honors

Yes - those were the good old days.

Late 60's through late 70's, staff were moving up the bridge. There were lots of co-audits going on and it seemed to me that it was quite common to see 2 or 3 grade chart completions every week among the staff.

Back in those days, there was much less of a Sea Org presence in our org. We'd get an eval about once a year and a couple of missionaires would be in the org for two or three weeks to see that the initial steps were taken care of; but that was about it.

Maybe I'm assigning a false cause and effect here, but it appeared to me that as the Sea Org presence increased, staff enhancement decreased - this really ramped up in the late 80's. S.O. staff (mostly due to pregnancy) were posted as execs in CL V orgs; and they brought their 3rd dynamic insanities with them. Gradually every situation became a Hill 10 - heavy ethics moved in - much less staff enhancement soon followed - pay decreased due to the changes in staff pay program at about that time.

The S.O. execs who brought their false sense of urgency with them made it nigh impossible for any staff member to do bridge actions.

5. Alan

Scio is a spin off from many philosophies - repackaged under a new language - go read my Opening Pandoras Box write up!

http://forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=33

6. Vinaire

Vinaire Sponsor

Thank you. That is very interesting.

7. ExScnDude

Hey Alan, have a question for you?

Back when I first got involved, there were 100s of BTBs and BPLs. For instance, the grade chart processes were on BTBs.

These were signed by people like Maggie Butterworth, Brian Livingston etc....

My question is, did LRH first transfer your original discoveries to BTBs signed by someone else who was not the original author, and then later assign these technical discoveries to himself?

Kind of like stealing things on a gradient - Ron the Clever Plagiarist :D

8. Ralph Hilton

Ralph Hilton Patron Meritorious

At Flag, which was the top of the Sea Org, staff enhancement seemed better.
    I'd attribute the change not to the Sea Org itself but to the takeover of management by the CMO around 1981. Things started to get crazier at Flag at that time and I'm extrapolating that their spreading influence worsened conditions. The CMO were mostly untrained kids who thought they knew everything. The older and saner execs lost control.

9. ExScnDude

That makes sense.

I did a training cycle at Flag in the early '80s.

I saw lots of young children stomping around in their dress whites.

They engendered a palpable fear among the crew - kind of like Children of the Corn - but with the navy mixed in.

10. jodie

jodie Patron with Honors

You are? Wow, cool, thanks. :) I like yours too, even though I do not always agree with them, I love your intelligence, and ability to look at all angles, and be rational and sane.

Ok, 'nuff of the soppy stuff now. (I'm going to damage my rep as a cranky cynical low-toned belligerant.) :happydance:

- jodie

11. programmer_guy

programmer_guy True Ex-Scientologist

Yep... that was what I saw also.

12. Royal Prince Xenu

Royal Prince Xenu Trust the Psi Corps.

I've mentioned unrecognised health issues before, so "No case on post" was totally ridiculous. I was prone to stress, would get caught up in comm lines between uppmer management and staff member who were hiding from an "SRA", and I was copping all the flack.

I remember saying to the SSO that I felt that the whole weight of the org was on my shoulders,

As one of the few people in the org who could reasonably type, I would find myself typing up all sort of stuff, for the AO, our Org, OSA. and the CLO--many of which were 'confidential'. It means little to me now, because I fail to remember most of it, but if asked, I would still honor the confidentiality on behalf of the person for whom I typed the document. There were some things I refused to type, "Sorry, that's above my reality."

I really believed the stuff about OT3 having the capacity to kill, just by reading it.

So, I would behave like a low-level manic depressive. The manic I ever got, was to approach normal, whereas the most depressive I got would be "why bother getting out of bed, particularly when my body is fighting me on this?"

So the 'no case on post' bs was exactly that: BS. If I had to deal with other people's HE&R (case on post), then I would give them my fair share in return.

As someone cited above, PTSness was common among staff. I discovered that was PTS to the ORG! The whole time I was on staff I was looking for any work that I could do to make ends meet and found nothing. Within three weeks of blowing, I was already lined up for full time work.

At my new employment I was placed in a non-typing position and sucked at it. When I was transferred to a typewriter, I showed sufficient skill (the boss was insulted that a male should be a typist), I eventually attained a full time typist role, and was the first to adapt the new computer system to word processing. I got rid of a six-month backlog in three months! I only applied two furmulae: Emergency and Affluence. If the inbox had something in it, apply Emergency. If it was empty I was in Affluence. If something came in, what was the successful action? Apply Emergency.

The boss mentioned was very SP. I bypassed him on many occasions, and one time he took me to task--"I'm sick of hearing you say things behind my back..." "John, the reason you hear those things, is because I raise my voice so that you can hear them! I have no respect for you. You treat most of the staff like slaves, except for your chosen elite, and that is not how an organization like this should be run."

The backlog I mentioned used to live on a trolley behind a partition, and I worked on it from first start to morning tea, and then got the rest of the day's normal work done. In this way I was whittling it down. When said boss discovered it, "This smacks of out of sight, out of mind" to which I replied, "Exactly! After morning tea, I don't want to know about them until tomorrow."

God, I can be an asshole sometimes. The org taught me well. :thumbsup:

13. Bea Kiddo

Bea Kiddo Crusader

Cool anecdote, RPX. It's amazing what the SO habits brought into the WOG can make people do.

I have my conscience on me all the time and it drives me nuts. Sometimes I wish I had no morals. And other times I am very glad that I have morals.

Know what I mean?

14. SchwimmelPuckel

SchwimmelPuckel Genuine Meatball

Excellent, sublime and envigorating! :) - This kind of staff behavior is needed INSIDE the sinister cult of Scientology!

But of course, those who do that find themselves booted the hell out..

I regret that I didn't make a helluva lot of noise in there! - I should have!

:D

15. Chowderhead

Chowderhead Patron

The "no case on post" thing ties in with the "You have to be OT in order to go OT" thing. If I could do that then what do I need to spend 360,000 dollars for?

16. Alan

The $360,000 is the cost of cleaning up all the harm you caused getting the $360,000 to go OT! :thumbsup:

17. jodie

jodie Patron with Honors

Yeggsactly. :duh:

- jodie

18. Lulu Belle

Lulu Belle Moonbat

Well. I wouldn't envy the regges.

Not by a long shot.

The regges are the number one reason in existence for "Executive C/Sing".

To some degree, they get grade chart auditing, though the reason for that, in the eyes of those above them, is to "have some reality on what they are selling".

So the only actual reason they get auditing on the grades and OT Levels is to make them make more money.

The vast majority of what they get are: sec checks, correction lists, more sec checks, sec checks FPRD style, correction lists on previous sec checks followed by more sec checks.

They pretty much never got to complete any kind of auditing program. Every time the GI takes a dive they get (executive) C/Sed for a new program.

I remember once when Ian Cunningham came in to AOLA on a finance mission. One of the things he did was to look at the regges' folders.

He told the Exec Council that Enid Byrne (AO's chief reg) had been C/Sed for something like 50 different programs in a year.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2008
  19. jodie

jodie Patron with Honors

Aha - so Reges are allowed to have "case on post"?

- jodie

20. Bea Kiddo

Bea Kiddo Crusader

In a way, yes. They get sessions for whatever trouble they may be having. Other staff would not. They would be told "no case on post" kind of thing. But with a reg, its more like, get the info to the folder and to the C/S for correction/auditing.

Regges had to be kept F/Ning in order to do their job. Weird, eh?

Not even the auditors had to be kept F/Ning.

Now that I think about it, it makes less and less sense.