What's new

Not so good experiences in scientology

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
Not everyone had the wide eyed wonderfulness of everything in & about scientology being so incredibly & immensely wonderful it was just too much to even to put into words.

How about the children who had the chain locker experience of the Apollo courtesy of Doctor Hubbard. Did they write success stories ? Have they gone through life bragging to others how they braved that ?

Well, does anyone else have things - or maybe just A thing - that bugs them about what they now know happened in the cult ?

The circumstances of the death of Doctor Hubbard ? No autopsy on ' religious ' grounds. Anyone ever hear that one before as part of scn ?

A next day cremation of his old fat ass ?

When Mary Sue passed no mention was made of it. Where is she shown in the history of scn ?

Gee, are there even any experiences in scn that weren't " good experiences " ? Or was is all good ?

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
Ah, the less well to do scientologists who got pregnant and allowed their babies to be adopted by very well to do scientologists. Oh, not exactly a Baby Farm - but close enough.

Ever wonder if those young gals who got convinced " it was for the greater good " took their payment & smiled - or do they still lose sleep over what they got pressured into.

Perhaps that was a not so good experience ?

True, some recruited into the SO with the lure of going to America did outsmart 'em by landing in the US & going in the wind never to seen again. But, those hapless people who barely speak English & have their passports confiscated ?
Frightened, nowhere to go, but long hard days of manual labor. Well, not really slaves, after all it is a religious order but I wonder if they think it's a good life experience ?

tr8theta

I Love Kitties
"Well, does anyone else have things - or maybe just A thing - that bugs them about what they now know happened in the cult ?"

Yeah I do. When I first came here I was unaware of ANY of the atrocities that I now know happened and continue to happen in the cult. In fact just now is my first time calling SCN a "cult"
Thanks to Leah, OWN and people here on ESMB and other sources of truth I have come to realize just how terrible experiences were (and still are) for many good people who got involved in something that turned on them like a piranha on a guppie. I consider myself very fortunate to not have been subjected to such abuse..one of the "lucky" ones I guess. For the others not so fortunate I am so sorry for you.
I can't wait to see DM brought to justice. BTW I call him David Miscarriage which is the name he should be known by.
Trate

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
The Catholic church started the Inquisition in about 1250. The reason for it was to keep change from happening. The Catholic church feared change because when things changed they felt they tended to lose control.

So, for the next 500 years, change was not to be tolerated. Change was evil.

Scientology policy ? Nothing can change from the way LRH wrote it ! KSW 1.

scn is not nearly as clever - or original - as they think they are. But, hey, why let 'em destroy so many people along the way ?

phenomanon

Canyon
Not everyone had the wide eyed wonderfulness of everything in & about scientology being so incredibly & immensely wonderful it was just too much to even to put into words.

How about the children who had the chain locker experience of the Apollo courtesy of Doctor Hubbard. Did they write success stories ? Have they gone through life bragging to others how they braved that ?

Well, does anyone else have things - or maybe just A thing - that bugs them about what they now know happened in the cult ?

The circumstances of the death of Doctor Hubbard ? No autopsy on ' religious ' grounds. Anyone ever hear that one before as part of scn ?

A next day cremation of his old fat ass ?

When Mary Sue passed no mention was made of it. Where is she shown in the history of scn ?

Gee, are there even any experiences in scn that weren't " good experiences " ? Or was is all good ?

A thing that really bugged me was when Capt Stella King died. She was an old time friend of mine, and of LRH from '50's. So she was Captain on the Apollo and I was her Examiner and anyways, she died
LRH proclaimed that Stella should serve 16 years between lives because she had deserted her post.
I thought that was chickenshit.

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
A thing that really bugged me was when Capt Stella King died. She was an old time friend of mine, and of LRH from '50's. So she was Captain on the Apollo and I was her Examiner and anyways, she died
LRH proclaimed that Stella should serve 16 years between lives because she had deserted her post.
There were just so many things that were WTF. And, so many times, I just ducked my head, kept my mouth shut, and plowed on.
Ah, the things I came to look back on with regret !

Hypatia

Pagan
It's horrible!! I've thought for years that creating the Sea Borg was the worst thing Hubbard ever did. I feel it pushed him and others into a slave holder modus operandus.