What's new

NY Daily News: Scientology VM's barred in Haiti

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Real money is needed to help the Haitians--check out who are the best at this: for the online guide to intelligent gifting go to --www.charitynavigator.org - and you will see that on of the best is - www.doctorswithoutborders.org and nowhere will you see anything at all about the cos or vms-that could be that they do not rate as legitimate--one easy and simple test is - if you where in Haiti would you want a "volunteer minister" or a "medical doctor trained in trauma work" to tend to your broken body?????????????

Thanks U.S. for the real info about the real help for Haitians!

Now on to the un-real....I just received from a very prominent OT Ambassador. I promise I did not edit or change any spellings or nuttin!

Now that I think about it, maybe they meant what they said.

"Scientologists without Boarders".....when you get rid of all your boarders, isn't that the End Phenomenon for OT VII?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Fellow Scientologist,
Just like Doctors Without Boarders who go anywhere to help regardless of where their practice is or where they live.
Following that lead - we are putting out the call to Scientologists Without Boarders.
It dosen't not matter if you are a member of field activity, an OTC, a Mission, an Org, in some other town, other county or all of the above.
Scientologists Without Boarders means every Scientologist qualifys to come in and help :) :) :)
Check out the latest news below then:
1.  Make a decision to come in and help and do so.
2.  Speak to some friends and close them to do the same.
3.  Email this message to your comm lines to spread this request for help. 
LA Org CF Project  News
Tuesday, January 19, 2010

We finished the Letter L,
We’re on the Letter M!

Production was humming in CF tonight.  Thank you to all who came and continue to come.

News:  New OT VIII, Betsy Poulin, a long-time LA Org OTC member, moved out of state a few months ago but continued to operate as an OTC member.  Well, Betsy dropped everything and flew back to LA last night to spend two weeks full-time on the CF project helping get in more volunteers!  She rocks, thank you Betsy!  Here is Betsy’s email address if you have some CF volunteer prospects for her: [email protected].

Freewinds OTC Chairman and new OT VIII, Paula Paiewonsky, has also come onto the project to help on volunteer lines activating the field.  Paula rocks, too, thank you!

Guess what?  We need more volunteers.  The good news is we only need to double production (previously we had to 5X it!). So:

1.      Come to CF, come every day.
2.      Bring a friend, every day.
3.      Stay a long time.
4.      Take a day or week off of work and come to CF.
5.      Bring a friend.
6.      Go home knowing you did something truly meaningful.

LRH says:

“I actually see no reason why we cannot unite just because it’s good sense.  I see no reason why you couldn’t take responsibility not only for yourself, but for others.  I see no reason why starting right from here it would not be possible to build a third dynamic in America. I hope it can be done.”—LRH, from the lecture “Responsibility—How to Create a Third Dynammic,” Ability Congress.

Completion Date:    31 January 2010
Days remaining:      12

Come to CF, come to CF, come to CF!

Andrea Kluge
LA Org OTC OES

PS.  New pix below.  I’ve put in case levels to show you how many OTs there are working on this project.  And not all are pictured below, not by any stretch.  Of course, all of our volunteers are OT because they are CAUSE and we love them for it!

Dave Kluge, new OT VIII

Judy Taussig, new OT VIII

Catherine Lepone, new OT VIII

Betsy Poulin, new OT VIII (asking me not to take her picture)

Patty Reimer, New OT VIII

Keith Miller, New OT VIII

Nancy Miller, New OT VIII

Howard Shube, New OT VIII

Mark Giffin, Solo NOTS Auditor

Cynthia Taylor, Solo NOTs Auditor

Norm Taylor, Solo NOTs Auditor

Abi Lusey, OT V

Bob Fell, OT III Expanded

Skyler Springfield

Scott Musselman

Mary Anderson

Andrew Shube

Judy Palmer

Eugene (who has a tough to spell Russian last name)

END

hartley

Patron with Honors
This may not have been clear from Anoncat's post - it was quoting from the website of Artists for Peace and Justice, a fundraising group founded by Paul Haggis last year. It happened to be supporting schools in Haiti and the country's only free children's hospital. He is out there now:

January 21st, 2010 - A letter from Paul Haggis in Haiti
To supporters of APJ:

I'm with our team now at St. Damien Pediatric Hospital, getting ready to tour and assess the damage of as many street schools as we can - we expect that many of them have been reduced to rubble while others are dangerously on the verge of collapse. As we plan our rebuild I’m fortunate to be working with experts here to discuss disaster resistant materials, designs and techniques. Our goal is to partner with NPH International and the Francesca Rava Foundation to build, equip and endow 50 street schools in the poorest neighborhoods of Port-au-Prince.
Will provide further updates as soon as I can.
Best,
Paul

http://www.artistsforpeaceandjustice.com/

They can take donations via the website.

Reasonable

Silver Meritorious Patron
To the scilon troll and Reasonable:

So we seem to demonize scientologists? Why do you think that is?

Could it be because the VM's did their damnedest to keep the REAL help from getting to the 9/11 victums at Ground Zero? Then they set up a purif for the firefighters and made a big fucking pr dealio about that!

Most VM's mean well, I agree. But the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

I can just hear the midget going on and on about how the VM's saved a million lives in Haiti at the next event. That's what this shit is all about as several have said.

If you are looking for people singing VM praises then you are looking in the wrong place. We have every right to be cynics and critical of your cult. We woke up and grew a fucking brain. Try it sometime.

You are exactly what I am talking about. I know that you have the right to speak here. I have no problem with that. And you are angry and have need to lash out and curse at me .. No problem

But I bet when you were in you were a gung ho scientologist telling everyone that this was the way. I never was. I saw good and bad and over time saw too much bad and left.

And you have the right to your opinion as do I.

I won't ever go back to C of S but I think there are some good things there. For me the puriff was one of the best things they have.

So my opinion is "don't throw the baby out with the bathwater while you say there is no baby at all"

I think help is help and i think the VM's help when they go out. Are they pawns in a larger scheme...probably so.

Does church management do this only for PR . Yes

So does every other business, Coke Pepsi, drug companies and their cancer walks, the 700 club, Pat Robertson.

i think there is good and bad in all of them and all of them do PR becaue in the end it will help themselves. that is human nature and the nature of big groups.

Is Scientology management evil. Yes , Is big pharmacy eveil...in my opinion yes and even worse than C of S but they sometimes come up with something good. Can there be good people in evil groups also yes. Can those good people in the evil group still help also yes.

I just think you think more in terms of black and white I think is shades of grey. So if you need to curse at me some more it is OK.

apple

Patron Meritorious
If I was a VM I would consider giving a bribe to the Haitians maybe money, food or whatever is needed. Haiti is a country where a bribe goes further then saving a life.

Someone said to the effect, any help is better then none. Not true, if I am placing concrete I could have 20 people around that dont know what they are doing. They are in the way! Where as I could have three people who know what they are doing and they would do the job better and faster.

If the Cult of Scientology is so well meaning let them dig into their own deep pockets and donate instead of asking for donations. If they are so noble let them not publicize the fact they they did donate. A TRUE GOOD DEED FROM THE HEART DOES NOT ASK FOR THANKS.

Sure some comforting is needed in Haiti. But what is needed more is food, water, shelter, infrastructure, heavy equipment and money. Did Hubbard say somewhere, before one is sessionable one must have the Present Time Problems resolved.

Anonycat

Crusader
A TRUE GOOD DEED FROM THE HEART DOES NOT ASK FOR THANKS.

Sure some comforting is needed in Haiti. But what is needed more is food, water, shelter, infrastructure, heavy equipment and money. Did Hubbard say somewhere, before one is sessionable one must have the Present Time Problems resolved.

Well, the lifesaving device - in the case of the cult - is the amazing touch assist :duh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjJoxRMM7po

Truly, they are in the way. Let's the professionals - not the delusiona -l take the job on.

TalleyWhacker

Patron with Honors
Clearly to some people on these boards I represent all Scientologists, however I am only a Scientologist.

I personally know some VMs who have helped in some disaster areas. One was involved in the identifying and burying of bodies. The work is not proselytizing I can assure you of that.

Again there are simple-minded views and criticisms of what the VMs do to help and I would hope that we could raise this above the school playground level of intelligence.

I agree Scientology churches have their own patches to clean up and perhaps this too is starting to happen.

I sympathize with the person and the disconnection story posted earlier, there are sane ways to approach any situation and certainly the way you describe the events it does sound like pain and torture - that should not happen and I would hope that it does not still occur.

You are either a rather unique troller as was suggested before or you have not spent much time as a Scientologist. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say you're naive.
I think you should stop "hoping" and get with the "doing" if you want to salvage something out of that train wreck.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
This story of the VM's going down to help the Haitains reminds me of a story I heard years ago:​

The Little Bird, The Cow and The Cat

Little bird was enjoying a flight in the the last rays of warmth for the day before settling down into his cozy nest for the night. As he dove and swooped across the sky, he noticed a flock of birds flying as though the devil himself was at their tail feathers.

“HEY!” he called. “Where are you going?”

“We’re flying south,” they called over their wings. “Winter’s coming and we have to be in South America before it hits!”

Little bird was puzzled. This was his first winter and he hadn’t heard of such things. “Why would you do that?” he asked.

“It’s going to get colder yet!” they called. “There’ll be no food! Now hurry or you won’t make it!”

Little bird waved them good-bye and considered what they’d said. He’d felt cold before in the dark of night and it wasn’t really that bad. He always just nestled further into his nest and fluffed his feathers around him and was fine. No food? With all of the other birds gone, there’d be plenty of food for him! Flying long distances was hard work and he’d fare much better staying behind! His mind was made up.

He was right, for a while. Little bird was living high on the land with the other birds down south. There was plenty to eat in the dying fields and the bugs were slow from the cold. He lay back in his nest, fat and happy, laughing at the silly birds who had gone south.

The next morning, he wasn’t laughing. He awoke to freezing rain pelting down on his nest, rudely awakening him from his restless sleep. It was c*o*l*d. He shuddered and pulled his feathers closely around him, but he still could not shake off the chill that permeated his little bones. Shit. He had to get south and get there fast. He took flight, trying without success to fly above the rain clouds. The higher he got, the colder it got. He felt ice forming on his wings and he panicked as he began a downward spiral. He hit the ground hard.

It was Little Bird’s darkest hour. Or so he thought. As he lay there on the frozen ground, the icy rain pelting onto him, he stared up at the gray skies and asked for help, from somewhere, anywhere. Unbeknownst to him, Little Bird had landed smack in the middle of a cow pasture. Old Bossy Cow was feeling quite an urge and she was making her way through the sleet and rain and let go with a pie of epic proportions, which landed, ripe and steaming, right onto Little Bird.

“Fine,” he thought. “Just fine. As if injury was not enough, now he had a hot pile of insult all over him. As Little Bird lay, defeated, in the pile of cow shit, he found, to his surprise, that the heat from the cow plop was thawing out his wings. (?!) His tiny bones and muscles soaked up the warmth and soon he was feeling just fine again. It was a miracle…the very one he’d asked the heavens to send. He was so overjoyed, that he began to sing, “Oh Happy Day! Oh Happy Day!”

In the barn, not far away, Old Tabby Cat was curled up in a pile of hay, dreaming of spring when the birds would return and he would have warm food instead of cold, hard Friskies. Suddenly, his ears perked and his head shot up. “What? Could it be??” Curious, he padded out of the barn and cocked his head. “HA!” Evidently, some bird had NOT flow south. What could it have been thinking? He rushed out into the rain to investigate. He came upon Little Bird, singing for all he was worth from the middle of a pile of cow shit. Old Tabby Cat did not let his puzzlement keep him from swinging into action.

“Pssst,” he said, “Little Bird, what are you doing in that pile of cow shit?”

Little Bird laughed. “I was DYING here in the icy rain and that cow over there saved me! It was amazing!”

“Wow. That is absolutely fascinating,” Old Tabby Cat purred. But I can’t help but notice that you are covered in cow shit now. Can I lend a hand? Let me pull you out and help you get cleaned up. Then you can really enjoy your new lease on life!”

Little Bird was jubilant. Not only had he been saved from the jaws of death in a most unexpected way, but he’d been helped again by a most unlikely source. He reached out his wing and Old Tabby Cat hoisted him onto his back, grimacing at the still warm cow plop droppings that were sinking into his fur. Little Bird rode the cat back to the barn, where he was taken to the horse stables. The bodies of many of the large animals had made this part of the barn the warmest and Little Bird happily dove into a puddle of water and began washing his wings. After he was perfectly clean, Old Tabby Cat helped him settle down into the warm hay until he was perfectly dry. Little Bird settled into a comfy sleep, whereupon, Old Tabby Cat promptly ate him.

The Moral of the Story:

*Not everyone who shits on you is your enemy.

*Not everyone who helps you is your friend.

*If you are warm and happy in a pile of shit, keep your mouth closed.

looker

Patron Meritorious
The real target

I was trying to rationalize why the VMs would be helping the poorest group of people in the western world. For some VMs it prolly out of the goodness of their hearts and a true belief that what they are doing is helping. Bless their hearts for that.

On the other hand my more cynical side says, The VM organizers and incharges are there for the PR. They are there to get in the good graces to those who have money and are able to be recruited for services. Why else would they be helping a DB down stat country? Isn't that out ethics, rewarding down stats?

So who might these target folks Be?

1. Doctors, They make an above level of income. Some who are PR whores.
2. WOG volunteers they must have money if they can leave their work and finance their travel and sustenance there. Plus their "do good" button is already their *RUIN*
3. US and European government administrators Good PR and upstat wages.

On the question of sustainability after the disaster;

What is the exit strategy?
Haiti's economy cannot support it's population without outside aid.

There have been charities and orphanages there for the last 20 years. Its interesting that half of the population is between 2 and 18. The population started to explode after the charities started operation. What these folks need is planned family sizes , (i.e.,Birth control). Take a look at what India has done offering gun permits for Vasectomies in crime ridden central India.http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/asia/article3593874.ece . India had also offered money for a vasectomy for young virile men.

Haiti also needs a 20 year National education and development plan for future existence and building codes else they may end up like Cuba or Easter Island.

If you have the time, Please take a look the following 8 part video on Exponential Growth from a University of Colorado at Boulder professor.
To me it was very interesting and enlightening .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-QA2rkpBSY

Last edited:

looker

Patron Meritorious
Sylvia sure blinks alot.

Sylvia sure blinks a lot especially on key target words such as *room for 20 Doctors* which is probably a DM mandated goal and blinks again on the words *this aid and other things*. I think every blink is a doubt, or anticipated face rip, or a missed withhold for another agenda which is *PR and recruiting*.

Hmmm, Ive seen Doctors speaking from the conviction of science and certainty of their training wanting to help and they don't blink at all. In my estimation they have much better TR's (confront and determination) than Sylvia has.

Just saying..

Last edited:

pittny12

Patron with Honors
Disgustly Sickening

Blah blah Blah Sylvia. All I wanted was for my ex who works on staff to get a full time job instead of holding some stupid tin cans all day and make sure that his OWN child...HIS ONLY child would have food, medical assistance, shelter and clothing, but that would take him off of staff!

I think I just threw up when she mentioned that they wanted to fly Haitians here to the US. Why to become slaves to them at the org? Unfreaking believeable. I pray more so that these poor people are rescued from the new dangers that now awaits them....SCIENTOLOGY.:angry:

Cherished

Silver Meritorious Patron
Clearly to some people on these boards I represent all Scientologists, however I am only a Scientologist.

I personally know some VMs who have helped in some disaster areas. One was involved in the identifying and burying of bodies. The work is not proselytizing I can assure you of that.

Again there are simple-minded views and criticisms of what the VMs do to help and I would hope that we could raise this above the school playground level of intelligence.

I agree Scientology churches have their own patches to clean up and perhaps this too is starting to happen.

I sympathize with the person and the disconnection story posted earlier, there are sane ways to approach any situation and certainly the way you describe the events it does sound like pain and torture - that should not happen and I would hope that it does not still occur.

Those are fair comments, IAAS. When you're in the minority (as here), it can feel as if everybody else's comments are targeted at you. Please don't take the emotion and the vehemence behind some of the comments as being directed at you. They're not. And I suspect if it got to it that most of the volunteer ministers on the ground are not the real subject of those viewpoints either. I'm sure that most of them are there to genuinely help people. And those who do some of the things that raise the ire of others perhaps think that they're actually being more helpful by offering an assist than by doing some of the grunt work. Other vm's as you've mentioned, are probably doing the hard things in Haiti and they are to be commended and supported.

My concern is that this large program of volunteer ministers (the largest crisis group in the world, if you believe the hype) is coordinated by somebody - a series of people at multiple levels of the hierarchy - and those somebodies should really have done a far better job of:

• targeting training of vm's to hit what's really needed in a humanitarian crisis;
  • coordinating with experienced aid groups who really do know what they're doing, so they know where they're needed and don't get in the way; and
  • prioritising the aid that is critical to life over booklets and books.

At least this time they're taking their own tents and basic supplies (unlike in Bandah Aceh after the tsunami):

Directly across from the Pendopo, the old Dutch Governor's House in Banda Aceh built in 1880, is a cluster of large green tents with foreigners sitting around in bright yellow T-shirts. The logo: ``Church of Scientology.''

``We're focusing on emotional stress and trauma,'' says Gregory Churilov, an Argentinian convert to the cult which promises new life for hard cash.
In an unusual twist on the notion of bringing aid to the destitute, Churilov says his group arrived in Aceh with nothing and were given tents by the army and food by friendly locals. Unfazed that the aid flow was meant to go the other way, he used this as an example of how well accepted the Scientologists were by local people, rather than as an example of traditional manners.”

Others have posted links to the BBC program about the vm's deliberately diverting "psychs" away from helping people after 911.

I won't labour the point.

This is an excellent article about how Disaster do-gooders can actually hinder help - it's not targeted at Scientologists, but do-gooders of all stripes.

Those in management of the VM programs should get their house in order on these issues.

Minuet #1 in G

Patron with Honors
I was trying to rationalize why the VMs would be helping the poorest group of people in the western world. For some VMs it prolly out of the goodness of their hearts and a true belief that what they are doing is helping. Bless their hearts for that.

On the other hand my more cynical side says, The VM organizers and incharges are there for the PR. They are there to get in the good graces to those who have money and are able to be recruited for services. Why else would they be helping a DB down stat country? Isn't that out ethics, rewarding down stats?

So who might these target folks Be?

1. Doctors, They make an above level of income. Some who are PR whores.
2. WOG volunteers they must have money if they can leave their work and finance their travel and sustenance there. Plus their "do good" button is already their *RUIN*
3. US and European government administrators Good PR and upstat wages.

On the question of sustainability after the disaster;

What is the exit strategy?
Haiti's economy cannot support it's population without outside aid.

There have been charities and orphanages there for the last 20 years. Its interesting that half of the population is between 2 and 18. The population started to explode after the charities started operation. What these folks need is planned family sizes , (i.e.,Birth control). Take a look at what India has done offering gun permits for Vasectomies in crime ridden central India.http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/asia/article3593874.ece . India had also offered money for a vasectomy for young virile men.

Haiti also needs a 20 year National education and development plan for future existence and building codes else they may end up like Cuba or Easter Island.

If you have the time, Please take a look the following 8 part video on Exponential Growth from a University of Colorado at Boulder professor.
To me it was very interesting and enlightening .

I believe the VMs are of good heart too. But you are saying that C of S thinks humanitarian efforts are futile as they create a dependent population even less capable of sustainably looking after itself. ie dont support the downstats. So the real purpose of humanitarian activities is to smokescreen more worthwhile purposes. Are we being too cynical?

The video series is very graphic. But indicates the danger of straight extrapolation of past trends to determine the future. Notwithstanding this looks like earth will get very crowded and hungry before long.

Min

AnonKat

Crusader
HUBBARD COMMUNICATIONS OFFICE
Saint Hill Manor, East Grinstead, Sussex Remimeo
HCO Policy Letter of 18 October 1967
Issue IV

PENALTIES FOR LOWER CONDITIONS
(Applies both Orgs and Sea Org)

LIABILITY Suspension of pay and a dirty grey rag on left arm and day and
night confinement to org premises.

TREASON Suspension of pay and deprivation of all uniforms and insignia,
a black mark on left cheek and confinement on org premises or
dismissal from post and debarment from premises.

DOUBT Debarment from premises. Not to be employed. Payment of fine
amounting to any sum may have cost org. Not to be trained or
processed. Not to be communicated or argued with.

ENEMY SP Order. Fair game. May be deprived of property or injured
by any means by any Scientologist without any discipline of the
Scientologist. May be tricked, sued or lied to or destroyed.

LRH:jp L. RON HUBBARD
Copyright (c) 1967 Founder
by L. Ron Hubbard

HUBBARD COMMUNICATIONS OFFICE
Saint Hill Manor, East Grinstead, Sussex
HCO Policy Letter of 21 October 1968
CANCELLATION OF FAIR GAME

The practice of declaring people FAIR GAME will cease.

FAIR GAME may not appear on any Ethics Order. It causes bad
public relations.

This P/L does not cancel any policy on the treatment or handling
of an SP.

LRH:ci:cden L. RON HUBBARD
Copyright (c) 1968 Founder
by L. Ron Hubbard
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

Truth is:
This HCO Policy Letter (HCO P/L) only cancels the use of the term 'Fair Game'.
It states clearly that the practice described in the policy (deprived of property, injured, tricked, sued, lied to or destroyed) is not cancelled. It's not what they call it that scares us!
The "Church" of Scientology don't change anything because it's wrong, but because a word gives bad PR!!!

I AM A SCIENTOLOGIST

Patron with Honors
Here's a true story:

I was giving an elderly friend in a hospital a touch assist. They were in a very bad way.

Another patient across the way asked me what I was doing as I was making my way out of the ward. I explained briefly what it was about and he asked if I could the same for him, which I did.

After the assist he said he felt a lot better and more relaxed. He and his girlfriend who was with him asked where I learned how to do this.

I told them I learned it through Scientology.

The guy said, but I am a Christian and I want nothing to do with Scientology.
I told him that I had no problem with his faith and I would help anyone if I could. He became a bit resentful and said he did not want anything to do with it.

I left.

On my next visit to give my friend an assist this guy made a weak attempt to try and say that I was not going to heaven if I was a Scientologist. I told him him he was welcome to have his own beliefs but to stop trying to judge me.

The corollary to this is that some people resent help and to them it is a dirty word loaded with other things not necessarily there. But this is symptomatic of the world we live in isn't it? Where only certain people can help if they have the "right" piece of paper allowing them to. Perhaps there could be a little more help in the world, unselfishly given.

Many actions are done with the idea they might help someone. Maybe people posting on these message boards are doing so because they think they might be helping someone - I don't know - but help is a powerful motivation and it is all around us.

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
I was giving an elderly friend in a hospital a touch assist. They were in a very bad way.

Another patient across the way asked me what I was doing as I was making my way out of the ward. I explained briefly what it was about and he asked if I could the same for him, which I did.

After the assist he said he felt a lot better and more relaxed. He and his girlfriend who was with him asked where I learned how to do this.

I told them I learned it through Scientology.

The guy said, but I am a Christian and I want nothing to do with Scientology.
I told him that I had no problem with his faith and I would help anyone if I could. He became a bit resentful and said he did not want anything to do with it.

I left.

On my next visit to give my friend an assist this guy made a weak attempt to try and say that I was not going to heaven if I was a Scientologist. I told him him he was welcome to have his own beliefs but to stop trying to judge me.

The corollary to this is that some people resent help and to them it is a dirty word loaded with other things not necessarily there. But this is symptomatic of the world we live in isn't it? Where only certain people can help if they have the "right" piece of paper allowing them to. Perhaps there could be a little more help in the world, unselfishly given.

Many actions are done with the idea they might help someone. Maybe people posting on these message boards are doing so because they think they might be helping someone - I don't know - but help is a powerful motivation and it is all around us.

Maybe the guy just wanted to make sure you didn't try to reg him for services. He'd already told you he felt better. Accept that and go on!

While I was in, I gave a non-Scn a couple of nerve assists. I never bothered telling him what I was doing or where I got the "tech" from. It DIDN'T matter, he felt better and that's what I was going for.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
IAAS,
Seems that the person who you gave an assist to didn't have any problem recieving help, only a problem with Scientology.
Sounds as though he was very aware that Scientology is uncompatible with Christianity. All it takes to confirm that is to read Hubbards own words. Hubbards view was that the entire religion of Christianity was based upon false memories. Doesn't sound compatible to me.

http://www.skeptictank.org/compat.htm

http://www.ezlink.com/~perry/CoS/Theology/index.htm

byte301

Crusader
This is what JustBill had to say about the CoS "helping" the Haitians:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Sunday, January 24, 2010
The Church of Scientology Loves Disasters
This really is the most disgusting thing I've seen recently about the Church of Scientology: Their reaction to the Haiti earthquake.

The actions of the Church of Scientology are dispicable, in the extreme.

The Church of Scientology provides no money towards the victims in Haiti. None. Not one penny. The church supplies no food, no water, no medicine, no building materials, no personnel, no expertise, nothing for Haiti.

But they claim, in their press releases, that their Volunteer Ministers are "a major relief agency" helping in Haiti. If they do nothing, how can they claim this?

John Travolta supplied an airplane, not the church. Individual Scientologists volunteered to go using their own money. As usual, the Church of Scientology did nothing.

Along with a few untrained Scientology "Volunteer Ministers", Travolta offered a lift to health-care workers from the Association of Haitian Physicians Abroad and from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Those other non-Scientology groups were sending trained medical personnel and the Scientologists were completely untrained. And yet, in a most disgusting bit of lying, the Church of Scientology is actually claiming they sent the medical personnel!

As is usual, the Church of Scientology volunteers showed up at the disaster without food, without medicine, without supplies, without equipment, without shelter, without expertise -- so they are a burden on resources already stretched very, very thin. As is usual, the Volunteer Ministers make the situation worse by requiring food and shelter that should be going to the victims!

But they have bright yellow t shirts that show up well for the Church of Scientology photographer! Yes, while the Volunteer Ministers are useless to real relief agencies, they are very useful to the Church of Scientology's PR department.

But, as disgusting as all this is, the Church of Scientology's response to this disaster is much, much worse.

The Church of Scientology is officially urging all Scientologists to "help Haiti by giving to the IAS (International Association of Scientologists)". Not to any legitimate relief agency. No, Scientologists must help Haiti by "giving to the IAS".

And the IAS has not ever given a penny to any disaster relief effort. The IAS will never give a penny to any disaster relief. The money goes to David Miscavige. Period. Last I checked, David Miscavige wasn't in Haiti and didn't need any assistance.

Yes, the Church of Scientology is using the Haiti disaster to make money! They are profiting on human suffering!

But wait, there is more!

Bridge Publications, the publisher of Scientology books, is urging Scientologists to buy Scientology books to "send to Haiti"! Scientologists are not being urged to pay for food or water or medicine or shelter for Haiti. No, they are being urged to pay for Scientology books to Haiti!

But get this: Bridge Publications is charging full price for these donated books, meaning Bridge Publications is making full profit on all the books. They are profiting on human suffering!

Further, judging by how Bridge Publications handles donated books (Library Program, Mission Starter Program), those donated books will never be shipped. Of course the books are useless to Haitians, but it is highly likely that Bridge Publications will simply keep all the money. Profit!

Yes, the Church of Scientology has reacted quickly and decisively on the Haitian disaster -- they are making millions of dollars of profit, generating many nice press releases for the church, without having to spend a single penny, nor actually help anyone.

All decent people, including Scientologists, should add their voice to absolutely condemn the Church of Scientology for their disgusting greed in the face of such human suffering."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

So it's even worse then we thought. It's ALWAYS worse then we thought with this cult.