Featured Ok, I'm telling more of my leave story.

Discussion in 'Leaving Scientology' started by Wisened One, Feb 7, 2008.

Tags:
View Users: View Users
  1. This is NOT OK !!!!

This is NOT OK !!!! Gold Meritorious Patron

Wish I was in your shoes!

Had to fend off 6 regges in the last two weeks IN PERSON!!!

Oh well, some day!

Thanks for the story!

2. Wisened One

Wisened One Crusader

Hey, thanks for reading it, and would like to know more about why ya had
    to fight off 6 Regges?! THAT musta been fun! :eyeroll:

3. programmer_guy

programmer_guy True Ex-Scientologist

And they are not calling me on the phone after work anymore.
    I wonder what happened? :confused2:

4. This is NOT OK !!!!

This is NOT OK !!!! Gold Meritorious Patron

They found out MY phone instead!

5. Arthur Dent

Arthur Dent Silver Meritorious Patron

Hi W.O.!
    Thanks for the extension of your story! You have a full and beautiful life. Something, it seems, you would not ever have easily had in scn.
    I'm so glad you have it. Scn. is so very limiting.

I was also in div. 6 many moons ago and felt like the uncleared planet, minus the several starts that week, we a reflection on my own (dis)ability to do a better job. (as an aside....from what I see and hear...the number of starts I used to get would now be considered spectacular compared with today!)

The poem you quoted is worth sending to a few choice friends and so I have. Thank you.

I'm so glad you had so much support in your choice to be a surrogate. How wonderful!

I am thrilled for you and your husband that you have your family intact and are flourishing in many ways! Now that's a success story!

6. Wisened One

Wisened One Crusader

Thank you for reading my story and your kind words, Arthur! :yes: Yes, I've been soooo thankful to have a fuller, free life, now! I enjoy my family whenever I want!! :happydance:

:hug: to ya, Arthur! Wasn't Div 6 a crazy job to do sometimes? To have to be the front line to getting new blood into the organization and the pressure when they didnt' sign up on something! :melodramatic: :eyeroll:

7. Ogsonofgroo

Ogsonofgroo Crusader

Wow Wisened One, I finally caught up on your story and are a bit speechless (catching my breath? probably), what a convoluted and strange adventure in the world of CoS, though I suspect not so strange to those who have walked a similar path from all I have read of other's experiences.
    The best part is the happy ending, and how confident and together you sound, I am so glad for you, hubby, rest of family.
    Love, live long, and prosper (nanoo-nanoo?) :)

:rose: :hug:

(I wasn't gonna say 'this is why', but, this is why!)

8. Wisened One

Wisened One Crusader

Why thank you for reading the whole thing, ogs! :) Yeah, twas a crazy life bein' a scn and scn staff member. Oddly enough, I don't regret all of it. I feel a little bit wiser for having gone through all that, and now I have a lot more fun in life.

It has taken years to stop 'rushing' everywhere (including eating a meal). Strange how some of those things can stick with ya, huh? :eyeroll:

And glad ya did say: 'This Is Why' ogs. 'Cuz it IS! And is WHY I'm still helpin' in any way I can to get people in, to wake up, prevent newbies (or at the very least inform them of THE TRUTH of the ride they're in for).

Btw: Disconnection is still alive and well, it sadly seems. :sadsigh: Brainwashing is so quick to take, yet so slow to peel away...

9. Hazmat

Hazmat Banned

I'm sorry, but I really don't understand stories like this. I mean, they tried the body routing thing with me and that lasted about 20 mins. I came back and told them something like, "These people have somewhere to go and something to do. They DO NOT want me approaching them with ANYTHING.".

I Then ended up writing a proposal that if we really wanted to expand, we needed to address the problems of the less fortunate, as the mainstream population did not recognize much need for change, etc..

I was then told about what a CSW was, and was shocked, once again. I mean, how could they not have realized this, after 30 years of, "Scientific practice.....LOL" This was in about '80.

IOW, I immediately cogged on Dianetics. I really saw potential there, but did not understand how I'd never heard about it.

Well, I was then told my plan was "out gradient" for their org, and I should go to an advanced org.

Again, I was shocked. I was 19 years old, and they expected me to just up and move to some un-known place, with no income or security of any kind, and not knowing anyone, or anything about what they were doing?

My response was to begin writing the FBI and local police, with respect to what could they tell me about these people, making all these claims, and I'd never heard about them before. How could that possibly be? I'd studied religions and psychology, since I was 10. And with respect to their "treatment protocols", had they any complaints about adverse effects and reactions.

I never heard a word from them, of course.

After about 6 months of meeting the most idiotic and arrogant people I'd met in my life at that point, I left.

And after many times, wanting to set them on fire..............LOL. They are VERY good with insults...........LOL.

I just really don't understand the tolerance for abuse that many people post about scammingtology.

I pretended to put up with it. But, I was observing them. And did not co-operate much with them.

I mean, I would "agree" with them, but only to see where it would go. Like, "Ok, what are you going to try to get me to do next?"............LOL

I DO believe in a Science of human behavior. And Scientology, has a good number of really good insights, and can thus be salvaged.

But these stories about how you were FORCED to do this or that, only amounts to words spoken to you.

And thus, relates to the scale of confront.

IT WAS YOUR CONFRONT, THAT WAS THE PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOT YOUR SP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STOP BLAMING THE SP UNLESS THEY USED VIOLENT FORCE!!!!!!!!!!!

DANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL

10. He-man

He-man Troll under the bridge

In general, violent force is not used in brainwashing and coercion.
    An organization or a person can maintain power over people the way scientology does, it goes in grades.

You show the nice sides first, the "truth" the proof that scientology is awesome if you put it that way, and then gradually put in the mechanisms of control and manipulation. the individual gradually "goes into agreement" that scientology is in power over his/her life.

And then you slowly progress into scientology completely being your world, friends, family, work, church. - Sure the family you had who are not part of it are not a part of your life anymore because their just menial wogs.

How is this hard to understand? You were in for 6 months? I can see that you revolted away from the cult mindset(also known as the mindfuck) and that is good for you. Many others accepted it, "got sucked into" it.

Or did you revolt from it, I can see you still use scieno lingo like "cog" and "confront".

Scientology works on your "confront", lowers it, makes you less willing and able to break free the longer you agree to it.

Double Edit: Edit: I find that people who reasons like you, take the whole problem that scientology is for the people in it, and take the stance that "you choose it, deal with it" are completely unaware of how we as human beings work. Completely unaware of how manipulation and brainwashing works, or that most people feel emotionally that they thrive in groups of similar ideas and mindsets - how cults can prey on this.

You also seem to be unaware that a large group of people never choose scientology, they get it chosen for them, or are strongly coerced into it by family member who have a mental hold over them, be it children, spouses, whatever. That for me is quite disturbing to see. Where is the empathy? where is your empathy?

11. JBWriter

JBWriter Happy Sapien

I don't have a confront.
    I'm able to confront, however.
    Know why?
    First, because it's a verb, not a noun; and, second, because the bolded portion of your post very ably demonstrates an attempt to confront that fails on the merits, the style, and the execution. No easy feat, that, but then, no spectacular failure is ever really accomplished without much thought and sustained effort. Bravo.

The people who post their truths here - big and small - do so in part because they have chosen to confront 1000s of confusing and complex thoughts & feelings before their fingers ever touch the keyboard.

The people here did not then, and do not now, lack a confront - no one in human history has ever birthed, or will ever birth, a baby human with a confront found adjacent to it's kidney or elbow or ear or frontal lobe, or brain stem or any other place on or in it's body.

You'll not find a confront using a GPS, Geiger counter, x-ray machine, e-meter, night-vision goggles, divining rod, or even with Diogenes' famed lamp - whether individually or in any combination thereof - but you're certainly free to keep looking for it, of course. Dress warmly.

Your post demands people here should not blame an "SP" because they don't have a confront. They can't get and don't have a non-existent thing, so proceeding to the blame/not blame phase is a no-go.
    You wouldn't want people to charge forth as ordered to not blame an "SP"...while unarmed, right? Let me quote you: "LOL".

You and a mirror. Step up and look carefully, please. Are you able to confront?

JB

12. Idle Morgue

Idle Morgue Gold Meritorious Patron

People don't die from OTIII - they die because of Scientology!! Cancer, early deaths, insanity, criminality, divorce, financial ruin, suicide, homicide are just a few of the "wins" everyone gets from being a Scientologist!

Okay - I am going to admit something I am soooooo embarassed about - when I saw the Tom Cruise video - I thought I was really KEWL cuz I was a Scientologist! I would practice in the mirror my OT Speech I would eventually deliver and I would say over and over "I am a Scientologist" whilst beeming with pride. :redface:

CRINGE~~~~CRINGE~~~~~ CRINGE~~~~~CRINGE~~~~

13. Udarnik

Udarnik Gold Meritorious Patron

Hey, you're cringing. That's good. The first step to solving a problem is recognizing that there is one. And I think you're well past that first step, now.

14. Weagook

Weagook Patron

My heart was pounding reading your story. I also had a secreted escape. Thank you for sharing your story. I find all of my experiences difficult to discuss as do I suspect many people on this site. People like you who are so candid give of us strength and hope to speak up and "confront" our own stories.:yes:

15. Operating DB

Operating DB Truman Show Dropout

EW! I read the above bolded line and then noticed my face became contorted with my lip curled up and my brow all furled. I attained the full state of a cringyness! lol

16. Leland

Leland Crusader

Re: More of my exit story, edited, etc.

what an incredibly lovely and well written account. Thank you so much for telling it.

17. Knows

Knows Gold Meritorious Patron

Wow - what a thread! The "escaping stories" - unreal!

Where are these posters now?

Pixie and gang - they did a lot of posting and I wonder how they are doing? Anyone know??

18. Ogsonofgroo

Ogsonofgroo Crusader

Wellllllll, people come, people go, if yer really curious you can always PM them (like, erm, 'I read your story and I would like to know how ya is nao as a matter of curiousity. Hope you are doing great! blah-blah).

I get this same feeling when I am going through the archives, there are so many great and poignant stories over the years. I think that there are those who simply/finally just figure it all out and walk away to carry on with their lives. The nice thing though is that there have been many who return here to say hello to people too, years later, and I find those sort of updates very refreshing. Edit> Note also that some people come back as new names/pseudos too.
    If it is peeps ya know then simply ask them? Check the profile and see when their last log-in was too, its helpful 'cause some just come back to read but do not want to talk to anyone ;)

:cheers:

19. Maria Cuervo

Maria Cuervo Silver Meritorious Patron

I was the sr cs there, left 1980.

20. Maria Cuervo

Maria Cuervo Silver Meritorious Patron

I was the sr c/s there, left 1980.