What's new

Old L. Ron Film to be Shown on TV in Louisiana 3/02.07

Tigger

Patron Meritorious
First old Hubbard pre-war photos in Guam and now Hubbard on film in Hurricane Alley.......a new way to promote Hubbard and his congame?

Tigger

The Daily Advertiser - www.theadvertiser.com - Lafayette, LA http://www.theadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070302/LIFESTYLE/703020330/1024/LIFESTYLE

Article published Mar 2, 2007

Film to explain basis of religion
'Introduction to Scientology' to air on local TV

Trevis R. Badeaux
[email protected]

A new film airing on local television stations gives Acadiana residents An Introduction to Scientology.

The film, made in May 1966 in Salisbury, Rhodesia, modern-day Zimbabwe, includes an exclusive interview with L. Ron Hubbard, the late science fiction writer who founded the religion. Hubbard explains Scientology, how he developed it, why man is on the planet and humanity's purpose.

"I get asked a gazillion times what in the world is Scientology," said Marie Pace, head of the Lafayette Mission at 102 Huggins Road. "You don't have to go to the Internet. You don't have to read a 500-page book. Mr. Hubbard, himself, answers every single question in this film anyone could have."

People who feel the problems they face are insurmountable may give up and "leave it in God's hand," Pace said.

Scientology is a God-given resource of tools people can use to fix the problem without feeling the need to turn it over to God, she said.

Post a Comment

lionheart

Gold Meritorious Patron
If I remember that film correctly, LRH has a smarmy grin like a shifty used-car salesman.

I think even more so these days than in those days, it will only put people off Scientology.