What's new

Old Newbie

Tim Skog

Silver Meritorious Patron
I like a good oxymoron. Anyway, it is time to say hello before I get another star.

I left in 1986 so I've been out a fairly long time. I got involved in Scn in Tucson at the mission in 1976. Within a half a year I was doing GAS work for the GO. I got recruited up to Las Vegas to join GO staff there and wound up getting transferred to the GO in NY in '79. I remember the old Org on 74th St. which then moved to W 46th St. in the Broadway Theatre District.

In '84 I joined the SO and went out to LA and was in RTC for a very short stint as the PR. Wound up in OSA US PR for most of my stay in LA and then spent a few weeks as the Bridge PR before I finally had enough of SO Life and said, this shit is not for me. I left in July '86. Thank god for a loving family.

I slowly readjusted to the real world and realized just how good life can be sometimes. Those moments were few during the time I was in.

So from '86-06, I enjoyed my time, but hadn't really thought much about my life in the cult. Finally I took a look at the internet and nothing has been the
the same since. That eventually led me to this board. This is great place to be wether you want talk or if you just want to lurk.

I'll try to tell more of my story later on the "My Life in Scientology Thread."

So anyway, Hello and it's great to be here even if there are Aussies. How's that for effective PR. Sorry I could't resist. Besides we all know that the Land Down Under is pretty cool.

Tim

Wisened One

Crusader
Hey and a warm re-welcome to ye, Tim :)

And :hifive: to what you said about having a loving family! :thumbsup:

They were our loving arms when we blew, and helped us IMMENSELY adjust to the world again, as well.

Look forward to reading more of your stories, especially what with you having been in GO then OSA?! :nervous:

:drama:

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout
So from '86-06, I enjoyed my time, but hadn't really thought much about my life in the cult. Finally I took a look at the internet and nothing has been the
the same since. That eventually led me to this board. This is great place to be whether you want talk or if you just want to lurk.

Tim

Wow Tim, we were in during the same time period except '86 and in different parts of the country. I've seem to have done the same thing you have of not thinking much about the cult, that is until I discovered earlier this year that there's a wealth of info out there on the internet . Now I can't seem to get enough! I think there is something wrong :screwy: with me!

HappyGirl

Gold Meritorious Patron
:welcome: Tim! I just found your intro, because I saw your post on my thread and looked you up. :) It's great to have you here.

Yeah, I never saw so many Aussies in my life! I didn't know what to do with 'em at first, but now I love 'em and wouldn't know what to do without 'em. :)

FoTi

Crusader
Welcome

:welcome: :welcome2:

I look forward to reading your story in the My Story Inside Scientology section, when you're ready.

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
:welcome2: from a :kangaroo: - see, I'm the first Ozzie to officially say hello.

It's not that there's lots of us, it's just that we're usually so LOUD!!!

:D