OT 8's their views

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by lightweight, Jan 1, 2019.

View Users: View Users
  1. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

ARS was some kind of early ex-scn site, from what I understand.

2. strativarius

strativarius Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband

No, ARS was an Usenet newsgroup alt.religion.scientology.

Info

I used to subscribe to comp.lang.c (computer languages C) a great bunch of computer nerds who helped me pass my exams. :biggrin:

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019 at 3:54 PM
  3. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

Thanks for the compliment, too, that was really sweet, but I'm not as sharp these days. Wish I were. :(

I also used to jump to conclusions too much. Now I'm too cautious. Some day I'll find a happy medium.

Your prose is sensational and I enjoy discussing different topics with you, too. You seem to have a really broad education and some solid real life experience. Thanks for that. :thankyou:

4. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

I don't even know what a Usenet newsgroup is, but I believe you.

5. strativarius

strativarius Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband

I'm so glad you have such faith in me Sheil.

Usenet is a worldwide distributed discussion system available on computers. It was developed from the general-purpose Unix-to-Unix Copy dial-up network architecture. Tom Truscott and Jim Ellis conceived the idea in 1979, and it was established in 1980.

Here, 'ave a quick gander at this.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  6. DagwoodGum

DagwoodGum What a long, strange trip it's been!

As I'm about to hit 64 yrs young/old in a couple of months I have a ton of experience, though not all was good. More shocking than anything and had left me with a "why me attitude". I actually had a real and quite nasty encounter with the Unabomber when I was a Greyhound driver based out of Billings, Montana in 1982 or 3. He got me suspended saying that I caused his falling accident while getting off the bus in Billings after picking him up in Butte when he transferred from what was called Inter-mountain Lines.
    Now who the hell else has shit like that happen? And plenty more to go on and on about, though I'll spare you from my howling at the moon.
    Oh heck, one more. I got surrounded by a pack of howling wolves who had chased two adult moose and a calf into the lake right in front of our tent on the lake shore at 3 am while backpacking Isle Royale on Lake Superior with my then clam girlfriend Jenny, with whom all manner of bizarre things happened.....
    Turns out I might have been safer had I actually made it out to LA after high school and joined the sea org like I had intended.:D

7. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

:omg:

Wow, the Unibomber had it in for you? I believe you. That's how I felt when Michael Shay (O'Shay, whatever) the murderer who was recruited to the SO and almost made it to Gold knew I was on to him for falsifying the Letters Out. I volunteered for the RPF for three weeks because I was so terrified! I was instantly let out of there when the police picked him up in his dorm room with guns to his head. :omg:

Come to think of it, if you'd been in the Sea Org, you wouldn't have been any safer because then YOU would have been the one to have a run-in with Michael Shay. Never mind the gang bangers that were recruited during the wog recruitment era!

Some of us just have just had crazy things happen to us a lot. It's just the way of the world, I guess. There's some theory about the outlying statistics adding up to quite a bit of stuff and needing to be considered instead of thrown away. Apparently there was one person that was a tourist and happened to be present at three different terrorist bomb sites in three different countries, but he didn't have a thing to do with any of them and wasn't anyone of interest before that, just your average guy. Imagine that!

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  8. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

Please pardon the typos. My computer is running slow since I'm out of high-speed and I can't seem to be able to edit.

9. DagwoodGum

Oh, believe me, I can and do imagine what that must have been like for him. I think that had I been there in his stead it all would have happened to me as the first choice of the dark gods of fate.
    But I am lucky, sometimes, when it comes to money. In fact, I doubt I spent over ten grand on Scientology as I locked things in prior to the price increases.
    But, had I not stopped off in Mpls. on my way to join the sea org in LA where a body routed bum stole my last $265 in gas money after one of our roommates in a clam flop house let him crash there, I would have made it to LA and joined. As it was, I was forced by these circumstances to get a job where I met a girl and ended up staying.
    But I have to ask you, isn't life better in Australia than here? I've always thought that Australia would be as close to the perfect place as there is. Or perhaps New Zealand.

10. HelluvaHoax!

HelluvaHoax! Gold Meritorious Sponsor

One of your "typos" was a typo but shouldn't properly have been a typo.

Let me explain. . .

You posted (above) the word "unibomber".

But it is supposed to be written "unabomber"

But it is a abbreviation for "university" bomber.

So it should have been spelled as you did: "unibomber"

But, we have run into SP transcriptionists or something again.

BTW, isn't that "SP transcriptionist" thing just about the most insanely stupid shit you have ever heard? LOL LOL LOL

But credulous Scientologists bought it. They bought the Target II thing as well.

Is there anything that a Scientologist will NOT believe? LOL

11. tesseract

tesseract Patron with Horrors

It would be a bit harder than that in my apartment... I've made a 65 cm (2,2 ft) leather carpet with a red pentagram and am working on one double that size and I want a Baphomet statue as well... :devil:

12. Wilbur

Wilbur Patron Meritorious

Well then, you'll be qualified to join the Ordo Templi Orientis, in company with Ron's 'very good friend' Aleister Crowley.

13. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

There are SO many stories we can tell between us! :roflmao:

Yeh, you know, sometimes I really do believe in guardian angels. You got out of a bad situation, whether by luck, destiny or whatever. I'm still astounded that here I am still carrying on and the things I've managed to survive by the weirdest circumstances.

Australia and NZ are both fantastic. Australia is expensive, though, and NZ doesn't have a lot of work. I'm here because I'm not so young anymore either and my family is here in the US. Plus, there are a lot of cultural differences that will always make me more of an American. Hundreds of little things, but they add up. It's hard to explain.

I've got to log off for a while now. Have a great day. Nice chatting with you! :hug:

14. PirateAndBum

PirateAndBum Gold Meritorious Patron

That they are being scammed.

15. DagwoodGum

Our "illustrious CEO" John Teets sold all of the actual Buses to a leasing corp in the early 80's as well as the depots. All of the baggage handlers were let go and we drivers were then responsible for the loading and off loading of all baggage and freight.
    So I get to the depot in Butte after having lunch on a round trip and see that I have a shit load of baggage and freight to load. The first piece was a green army surplus duffel bag on the top of the pile. I was in a hurry so I guess I gave it a quick flip into the baggage bay closest to the bus door. Suddenly this wild man with unkempt hair goes ballistic and begins yelling at me for throwing his bag in rather than being gentle with it. No fucking wonder? Then he positions himself in a seat on the bus so he can make glaring eye contact with me via my overhead mirror all the way to Billings and I don't recollect him blinking once. He "flowed" rage at me for the next 5 hours. Once we got into Billings he positioned himself in back of two elderly little old ladies knowing I'd be preoccupied with assisting them off the bus. As I was so doing he staged a tumble off the bus and crashed into my left knee and nearly knocked me down. Immediately he starts yelling that he hurt his leg. I mean, I've hurt myself plenty enough times to know that it usually takes a minute or two to realize you've been hurt.
    So I end up filling out Greyhound's lengthy accident report for the first time in my 3yrs with the company. I see that he's from some place outside of Helena, it was called Lincoln, and I see that he's willing to quit claim settle for a fast $500. I tell Greyhound he's full of shit. So he hangs around the depot for 3 days wearing a hockey shin pad, as though doctor's issue such things. He might have been a math genius but apparently lacked all manner of common sense. I watch him from the restaurant across from the depot, then he goes away. About a week later what appears to be the same guy gets on my west bound bus to Butte only now he's clean shaven and I can't be certain it's him though it's the exact same weird eyes.
    On and on, blah blah it goes on , but those are the basics.
    But I got suspended for the last week prior to my end of season furlough and went back to Mpls., never went back to work there after that as I caught on with the Metro Transit in Mpls./St.Paul where I met my Colombian ex wife on a route.
    I didn't know he was the Unabomber till I saw other Greyhound Drivers being interviewed on the news in Butte soon after his arrest. That was how he got around totally anonymously.
    That sums up the first 13 years of my post Scientology life more or less.
    I was out of Scientology for good before I went to work for Greyhound.

16. HelluvaHoax!

LOL LOL LOL

That must be a more advanced cognition than even the "Clear-Cog"!

I believe we have just witnessed the discovery of the "Blow-Cog"!

17. HelluvaHoax!

What a weirdly surreal and wacky-nasty story! Whoa!

Wonder if any of the Unabomber's explosives were in that duffel bag you tossed, lol.

What you described would have been a good scene to build tension in a movie about the Unabomber. I think I have seen two movies about that (one a multi-part cable series) and they could have benefited from an extra helping of "creepy".

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  18. DagwoodGum

Yes, I've been tempted to contact the producers of that multi part series but he wasn't alone on his return trip. This burly mid-aged man came up and started a conversation with me, which wasn't hard to do as I liked to pass the time by talking with passengers, about how fucked up our government was and consequently our society. I saw the Kaszinski dude watching us and listening intently, that's why his eyes registered with me as being the same as those that had stared me down for 5 hours the week before.
    What worked well for me was Hubbard's story about the 10 or 12 bankers responsible for the hell we are in and it made for an impressive story to make them think I thought like they did, it actually may have saved me from getting a package in the mail where I was renting. They both ended up liking me and probably spared me from some heinous end.
    I've wondered whether the FBI would ever contact me but I'm sure they don't need any more in the way of evidence. I did see that David Kaszinski stated that at that time his brother was out of money and went to their house in Chicago to try and borrow some money.
    At that time I knew very little about the Unabomber and it never occurred to me that this guy was him till Nightline with Ted Koppel, both from the arrest photos and the clean shaven ones.

19. HelluvaHoax!

Good adventure and you lived to tell it !!

We should produce a movie about L. Ron Hubbard and call it "THE UNACLEARER".

Or possibly, UNAREGGER.

20. TheOriginalBigBlue

TheOriginalBigBlue Gold Meritorious Patron

Screen Shot 2019-01-12 at 11.57.44 AM.jpg

• LOL LOL x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • List