OT 8's their views

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by lightweight, Jan 1, 2019.

View Users: View Users
  1. HelluvaHoax!

HelluvaHoax! Gold Meritorious Sponsor

More people than is generally realized, lol.

EX-SCIENTOLOGIST
    Well to be honest I was once in a cult. Scientology.

CO-WORKER
    OMG, how could you have been so stupid to join a fucking cult!! LOL

EX-SCIENTOLOGIST
    A surprising number of people were in some kind of cult.

CO-WORKER
    Not me, dude, LOL LOL LOL . I'd never join that stupid shit.

EX-SCIENTOLOGIST
    Then you are way smarter than me.

CO-WORKER
    No, I mean really, how did you get suckered
    into believing all that totally made-up bullshit?

EX-SCIENTOLOGIST
    Well, like I say, you are way better than me, you'd
    never fooled into believing totally made-up bullshit, right?

CO-WORKER
    Never! Not in a million-million years!

EX-SCIENTOLOGIST
    A million-million. Hey, that's a billion. What
    about after that, could you be suckered into
    a cult then? LOL

CO-WORKER
    Nope. By that time I'll be in heaven. When you
    accept Jesus like I did you will flourish and prosper
    in the Kingdom of God. You should really come to my
    church this Sunday and surrender your life to Jesus.

EX-SCIENTOLOGIST
    Thanks for the offer. I am good for now, I am staying
    away from religions for a while, kinda recovering. What
    you're saying sounds like it's really working for you, but
    to be honest it sounds too similar to when I was in a cult.

CO-WORKER
    Are you saying worshipping Jesus is a cult? Listen pal, worshipping
    Jesus is no damn cult! If you don't accept Jesus, you are going to lose your eternity!

EX-SCIENTOLOGIST
    (quietly grabs keys & slowly backs away towards door)
    Yeah, okay, that sounds great.
    Thank you for sharing your wins, umm---I mean witnessing.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
    • LOL LOL x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
    • List
  2. Bill

Bill Gold Meritorious Patron

To assure those who might on purpose or accidentally let it be known that you were once in Scientology, no one has ever said anything bad to me. Everyone always seemed fascinated by what I had to say.

• Like Like x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • List
  3. ILove2Lurk

ILove2Lurk Lisbeth Salander

I talk to my neighbor and good friend about her devout church-going Christianity now
    and then.

Couple takeaways . . . people who take advantage of any state's suicide laws (physicians
    prescribing life-ending drugs to terminally ill patients) would automatically go to hell.

The Mormons are a definitely a cult.

I told her that I'm not a big fan of the Christian canons (Mathew, Mark, Luke and John),
    but did enjoy reading Elaine Pagels' The Gnostic Gospels, the so-called "secret teachings
    of Jesus." Some of the ideas in the book resonated with me and I could accept them.

She emailed her minister and got a clarification. I shouldn't be reading the book as it's
    not officially approved by the church and is junk. Oh, well. Many other religious scholars
    think differently.

Problem is there's about 35 main branches of Christianity and approximately 30-40,000
    Christian denominations (splinter groups, if you will), I told her. Christianity needed to
    lighten up its menu of choices a bit. Confuses potential customers (converts). :coolwink:

She might privately think I'll lose my eternity. That would be twice for me now. :shrug:

• LOL LOL x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. HelluvaHoax!

DITTO: My own experience was identical. People loved to hear weird & wacky tales of the cosmic cult. Because Scientology is so (unintentionally) damn entertaining. It really is. Even decades after leaving, I am still entirely entertained by that mind-numbingly stupid cult.

I guess Scientology is like a cheap carnival with bright signs, neon-colored stuffed animals and other garish "FLASH" (i.e. the "carny" term for cheap "shiny" looking prizes that seduce their marks to try and "WIN"). Scientology has it's "FLASH" too. Just look at their slick promo pieces with glowing-grinning photos of the prize you can win---do you see it? The oversized jumbo FLASH the Scientologists are holding u p high overhead. That's right. The completion certificate.

That's what you win.

That's all you win.

• Like Like x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • List
  5. Veda

Veda Sponsor

He was diddling with an e-meter, and compulsively "self auditing," and appears to have developed an addiction to the electrical current of the meter.

Hubbard, at his peak in the 1960s, received a lot of attention and admiration when he would "go into session solo" and "research" as "Source." It was a big deal.

Hubbard liked identities that resulted in him getting admiration and held onto them.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. Wilbur

Wilbur Patron Meritorious

Me too. It's surprising how fascinated people are when they discover that I used to be in Scientology, which I freely admit without embarrassment now. After I had just gotten out, there is no way I would have told anyone. I didn't tell people for years. More recently, I've had many a conversation about it with people, who sit agog with fascination. Now that Scientology is so prominent in the news, it's like being a survivor of Jonestown or something like that. Hehehe.

• LOL LOL x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. strativarius

strativarius Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband

While I was in I couldn't tell enough people about scientology and how wonderful it was. Since (with the help of the Internet) I discovered what a crock of shit it is I haven't said a dicky-bird about my involvement in it to anyone and I don't intend to unless by some freak chance they bring it up. Then I possibly might say something.

8. F.Bullbait

F.Bullbait Oh, a wise guy,eh?

You guys crack me up with your meter current addictions...

[​IMG]

oh baby you are electrifying!

• LOL LOL x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  9. ThetanExterior

ThetanExterior Gold Meritorious Patron

Yes, that's my experience also. I even have a goldenrod declaring me to be a suppresive person which I can produce to show that I'm ex-scientologist royalty. I think I should get more respect around here.:giggle:

• LOL LOL x 2
    • For you For you x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. TomKat

TomKat Patron with Honors

No LRH rose above the bank :)
    Or maybe he went clear eating garbage :)

11. HelluvaHoax!

LOL

There were a lot of "firsts" in Scientology that later proved to not be so first-ish.

Hubbard assuredly was the 1st Clear, since he stated in DMSHM that anyone could go clear in 20 or less hours of processing. And he had been working on it for years by the time the book was published.

As you said, Sonya was declared the 1st Clear.

Then over a decade later, McMaster was declared the 1st Clear (and not long afterwards, declared an SP).

And for all those many 1st Clears, Hubbard humbly gifted the 1st OT level, appropriately named OT 1.

But, that proved to only the the 1st OT Level----not the "1st REAL OT level". Apparently OT 1 was not a "real" OT 1.

Thus, (old) OT V became the first "real" OT level, because it gave positive gains to the being in form of OT superpowers.

Years later, OT VIII was declared the "1st Real OT Level".

Dianetics (book 1 auditing), itself, was declared the 1st technology to cure neuroses, psychosomatics and psychosis.

Since Scientologists continued to suffer neuroses, psychosomatics and psychosis, Clearing Course (Grade 7) was declared the 1st technology to "finally" and "fully" resolve neuroses, psychosomatics and psychosis.

Later "Power Processing" was declared the 1st technology that could finally and fully resolve psychosis.

Later yet, Expanded Dianetics was declared the 1st technology that could resolve all those things that DMSMH and Expanded Dianetics didn't cure--neuroses, psychosomatics and psychosis.

Later still, the Introspection Rundown was declared the 1st technology that could resolve Psychosis.

Looking back, we find that in 1967 Hubbard declared that OT III was the 1st level to fully resolve Xenu's demon BTs.

Later OT III Expanded was declared the 1st level to fully handle Xenu's demon BTs.

Later (new) OT IV was was declared the 1st level to fully handle Xenu's demon BTs.

Later (new) OT V was declared the 1st level to fully handle Xenu's demon BTs.

Later (new) OT VII was declared the 1st level to fully handle Xenu's demon BTs.

Later (new) OT VIII was declared the 1st level to fully handle Xenu's demon BTs.

Those are just a few of the 1st's on the technical side.

Don't get me started on the DOZENS of Administrative breakthroughs and "1st"s that were declared "...the 1st time planetary clearing has become a reality!" (e.g. The OEC, the FEBC, the ESTO series, the Data Series Evaluation Tech, Ideal Orgs, The Basics, et al)

Of course Scientologists are extraordinarily proud of all the "1st"s that Dr. Hubbard pioneered to help mankind. Have I mentioned recently that Hubbard was the 1st planetary savior to receive a worldwide event to celebrate his blowing before he saved it. He was also the 1st OT to be given an extended standing ovation for unexpectedly going insane and dropping dead.

• LOL LOL x 3
    • Love Love x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  12. F.Bullbait

F.Bullbait Oh, a wise guy,eh?

Oh, you silly humans...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • LOL LOL x 2
    • Love Love x 1
    • List
  13. phenomanon

phenomanon Canyon

Me, too.
    The only time I have blurted out that I was in a cult took place after a fun day with a couple that Spouse worked with before he retired. They talked Engineering all day, so in the car on the way home, I said that I was in a cult for 33 years. There was a gasp! This couple is hard core true believing LDS. I began telling them about disconnection. It went downhill from there. They suspected that I was slamming their own religion, because the similarities are obvious.
    We haven't seen them since . That episode was earlier this year.
    LOL!
    One glass of Wine, and my good sense is out the window!
    LOL!

• LOL x 5
    • For you x 3
    • Thanks x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Love x 1
    • List
  14. Wilbur

I remember the LDS missionaries visiting my home. They were all enthusiastic about my curiosity and questions. Then one of them started taking an interest in my book collection. I'm sure he noticed my Satanic Bible by Anton LeVey. There was a look of horror on his face. They never visited me again.

• LOL LOL x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • List
  15. EZ Linus

EZ Linus Patron with Honors

I've gone through this a number of times, and when I was freshly out, it was so heartbreaking and embarrassing, it would make me *clam up for years before I'd peak my head out and attempt to make a new friend again. The first time I made a new friend, maybe a year after I left, it was difficult, but very refreshing. I waited a few months before I told her. And then it went SO downhill from there. I've had to be very careful about what I say ever since. I realize that people think very lowly of people who've been fooled by Scientology.

This needs to be looked at in context though, and who has the time for a long explanation? Maybe now, since Leah's show, more people are gaining empathy for people who felt stuck in the cult. There's a ton more support now. Since the Internet got extremely popular, and once everyone got a computer and an email address, started surfing the web, etc., this changed everything. It completely changed the world.

Remember what most people thought of Scientology before the South Park episode was a lot more of a mystery. They thought it was weird, like something eccentric celebrities did, but they didn't really know about the Xenu thing yet. After things appeared on the web and the South Park thing came and went, Scientology was a huge joke. I had to lay low so I didn't look like an idiot. So there are a lot of layers of context through time to this. Basically, I didn't tell all the friends I made for the last 18 years until very recently. Working on this book for the last decade has been a process I can't even describe in words, but now that it's coming out, I've had to "come out" to friends. They've mostly embraced it/me, but I have lost a few people too. Oh well though. I need people that are going to support me, not make me feel shitty, so I'm moving on the best I can.

*clam. Ha ha. Even my dog laughed. LOLROG (laugh out loud roll on grass).

16. EZ Linus

EZ Linus Patron with Honors

That reminds me of my book collection too...when I was flying under the radar and my best Scientologist friend came over, I was frantically blocking the shelves that had every anti-Scientology book in there from Barefaced Messiah to Cults in Our Midst!

• LOL LOL x 2
    • Love Love x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  17. Wilbur

Hahaha yeah. I did that after the Mormons left in horror. I turned anything that might look satanic around the other way, so they couldn't see what it was on the shelf.

18. Wilbur

I had two interesting experiences with other cults recently. One was with Hare Krishnas, and the other was with Jehovah's Witnesses, both times in the city centre. I sort of chatted with them, and let them give their spiel. On both occasions, there was a moment, when they thought I might be interested in joining, when there was a sort of spooky eye contact between us, in which I could see them thinking something like "this guy might become one of us, and be saved". It really reminded me of the Scientology stare. Although the "TRs" of each group are different from the Scientology stare, I could see clearly that they lived in a world that was sort of a 'parallel universe' to the real world. On both occasions, I got a bit of a shiver down my spine at that eerie moment when I touched the portal to their parallel universe.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • List
  19. Gib

Gib Crusader

"Sure, there may be a few good parts, but once on that conveyer belt--the Scientologists slowly descend into cult madness. That accelerates on the upper OT "advanced" levels as church management begins to C/S not only your folders but your life, your income, your investments, your friends and your family. Think boa constrictor, in the "advanced" ever-tightening stages of suffocation."

Hubbard C/S'd us from the beginning with DMSH, LOL

That's what writers do to create a plot and keep the story or movie going, on a gradient, the Bridge to Total Freedom, all C/S'd by Ron in technical volumes, lectures, books. What would Ron do?

ROFLMAO

Ron created a cult, no doubt, but he actually tried to create a culture (crowd) of people going up the Bridge.

How did he do this?

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  20. Wilbur

Aren't people who live in a religious bubble great? I have a friend like that. On the face of it, he's open to other ideas. But as soon as you start to pick his christian belief system apart, his cult defence mechanism kicks in. After my last e-mail to him, I doubt he will e-mail me again for some time. I once told him about the Gospel of Thomas, the one where Jesus is a child, and decides to use his magical powers to kill and maim other children who won't do as he says. He was fascinated, but won't dare read it, as he knows it will be his route to hell.

When you find that you can't look at certain pieces of information, for fear of going to hell/losing your eternity/being corrupted by the devil, then please realise that you have had your integrity of thought corrupted by a cult.

• Thanks Thanks x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List