OT 8's their views

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by lightweight, Jan 1, 2019.

View Users: View Users
  1. F.Bullbait

F.Bullbait Oh, a wise guy,eh?

There is a passage in the accepted Bible (Mark 11:12-25) where Jesus curses a fig tree when it had no figs for him (it was not the season for figs). The tree subsequently withered and died. This is not the sweet Jesus of popular acclaim, meseems.

I have found that folks often can get irrationally defensive when it comes their religious, musical or sexual proclivity. But then there is no underlying rationality in religion, music or sex.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  2. strativarius

strativarius Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband

I've posted this before, but it won't hurt to post it again ...

About a month ago two disciples from some American religious sect (well, the one that spoke to me had American accent anyway) approached me in the street, and this one said 'May we speak with you, we're from the Children of Nazareth' (or some obscure religious sect or other). Never one to miss an open goal I said 'Well, we've all got our problems,' whereupon they both nodded and looked very solemn and waited for me to unburden myself. Some people wouldn't know sarcasm if it jumped up and bit them on the ass!

• LOL LOL x 10
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  3. TomKat

TomKat Patron with Honors

I recently listened to Loyd Auerbach, the parapsychologist. He said they have a lot of data to present to the scientific community, but the scientists refuse to look at it. I think Ingo called it "scientism."

4. Wilbur

Wilbur Patron Meritorious

I had another Christian friend (well, more of an acquaintance, really) who was super-smart, and a nice guy. One day we had a conversation that went beyond the usual superficial stuff, and he admitted to me that he was constantly on the look out for the devil. When people made casual comments to him that conflicted, even ever-so-slightly with his beliefs, he suspected that they had been sent by the devil to lead him astray.

I pointed out to him that he had led himself into a trap. How can you find the truth, if the very act of searching for it and listening to others means you are being misled by the devil? I also pointed out to him that the very conversation we were having would mean that he should suspect me of being a diabolical representative, come to ensnare him with false doctrine.

He also admitted to me that he was sometimes mentally ill, and suffered bouts of depression. I wondered, was it his suspicion that everything was from the devil that made him ill, or was it his illness that allowed him to fall for such claptrap.

Also, however, I think there is some truth in the Hubbardism of "look, don't listen". Because I have met a lot of super-smart people who yet couldn't discern truth if it slapped them in the face. To listen to them, you would think they knew something, but when you inspect their lives, it tells you a different story. Hubbard would fall into that category. And also people like Alan Watts. Watts sounds so erudite when giving his talks. But he apparently spent the latter years of his life struggling with alcohol and drug addiction (I think someone on this board mentioned this recently, along with a string of other gurus). And he even looked like someone who was abusing drugs, if you watched him closely enough, giving his talks. So I have a tendency to discount people's babble, no matter how clever it sounds. If I have learned one thing from cults, it is that they can lead people, through casuistry, to believe almost any kind of nonsense is a transcendental truth.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • List
  5. EZ Linus

EZ Linus Patron with Honors

For a long time, after my brother left Scientology, even before I did, he became an Evangelical Christian. He was unbearable to deal with. I even stopped speaking to him for some years because he talked about the devil and hell way too much. He even tried to make me think I was going to hell, and that our mom was already there!

After a while, we started talking again, and I'd always try to lighten him up about the stupid fear he had about the devil. He always hated it when I suggested instead of looking at the devil as such a bad guy, to look at him like Mr. Slugworth from Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory--that he was really working for Wonka the whole time and was only testing Charlie to see if his heart was genuine. Maybe Charlie did a few naughty things, but that didn't mean he was bad, and Wonka could see that. Ultimately, he gave Wonka that Everlasting Gobstopper back and Charlie won the whole fucking estate. There are no real devils. If there are devils, then there are Willy Wonkas, and they all work for him, so don't worry.

Oh my god, that was when my brother wanted to stop talking to me.

• LOL LOL x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. ThetanExterior

ThetanExterior Gold Meritorious Patron

I've just finished reading a book by Lauren Drain who was a member of the Westboro Baptist Church before she got kicked out. It was interesting to see how they could justify parading around with signs such as "God hates fags" and "God hates you". Apparently they feel they are simply passing on God's message and therefore what they are doing is an act of kindness!

This just shows how twisted people's views can become once they get involved in extreme groups. The Westboro members think their views can all be proved by references in the Bible but whenever Lauren tried to point out inconsistencies in their Bible references she was shut down and told not to be troublesome.

There are so many religions/cults that think they are the only ones who have the answers. Obviously none of them do but that doesn't mean people won't still be sucked into them. I speak from personal experience.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  7. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

CONFIDENTIAL
    Hubbard Communications Office
    Target II, Venus
    T0:
    OT VIII C/Ses
    OT VIII Students
    OT VIII Supervisors

OT VIII – TRUTH REVEALED

When Dianetics didn’t work, I started researching with Scientology. When Scientology didn’t work, the money was rolling in by the truckload and I had thousands of people hanging on every word I wrote and willing to do any zany thing and insisting it worked anyway, so I thought, maybe I missed out on something that they saw that I didn’t. Maybe there was something to the OT3 story and BTs after all, even though I wrote it off the top of my head after watching a parade and taking a few handfuls of pink and greys with a fifth of scotch. I admit, I never completed the OT Drug Rundown, but that’s another story for another day.

The truth is, I wasn’t a very good sci-fi writer and never made much money on it until Dianetics. I made up the research and the amazing miraculous stories, though I did attempt a few abortions on my wives. I never wrestled Koala bears and barely got out of the Navy without a dishonorable discharge after I fired on a ship without provocation. With Scientology, though, I always had a captive audience that was thrilled at every word that came out of my mouth, so I stuck with it. It was nice to be treated like a hero instead of a loser and I got used to it. In fact, I was just as addicted to being the admired dictator of a fascist cult as I was to writing stories. I made myself Commodore and Admiral and had my own fleet of three ships with slaves jumping at every command just to stick it to the Navy. I sure showed them, didn’t I?

Still, I wondered at the people paying hundreds of thousands, even millions of dollars to support my religion even after I had told everyone I was only doing it for the money. Were they getting some gains out of this that I wasn’t? Did I accidentally hit on something remarkable?

So I started thinking about BTs and solo auditing. Boy, was that a mistake. Suddenly I saw them everywhere. They were in my soup, climbing the walls, putting fragrances in my clothes and infesting everything. All day long I tried chasing those BTs away. I thought, well, if I just leave the infested area and go to somewhere remote in my Bluebird, then maybe there won’t be so many. That didn’t work, either, so I asked one of the building crew who knew something about electronics to build me a machine that would zap them off all at once. That didn’t work, either.

I still don’t know what you all got out of this, but the truth is, I failed. I'm a mess, you're all a mess, and probably a lot worse off than you were before.

Scientology was always an exercise in my imagination and a bit of mischief on my part to test your gullibility and willingness to do anything for someone you saw as a god. It was a lot of fun for me, but it’s time you know it was all made up and that’s the truth. Go home now. Please, please just go home. I’ve had enough of this and enough of your sickening hero worship, too. It was just a con. Get over it. Goodbye.

L Ron Hubbard
    Admiral

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • List
  8. Gib

Gib Crusader

truth revealed

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • List
  9. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

EXACTLY! :laugh:

10. Enthetan

Enthetan Master of Disaster

I'll occasionally post in the middle of the night. But that's because I'm an old fart who tends to need to go visit the bathroom at 3am, and then can't get back to sleep.

• LOL LOL x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. Wilbur

Wilbur Patron Meritorious

Is the reason you can't get back to sleep after visiting the bathroom, that there is no toilet paper in the OSA office toilet. Hahaha - just joking Enthetan.

• LOL LOL x 4
    • For you For you x 1
    • List
  12. DagwoodGum

DagwoodGum What a long, strange trip it's been!

I wake up at around the same time and often get up and post too, but you were not one that I ever had a thought about possibly being a double agent. Most, if not all of them went away when their around the clock postings were mentioned a couple of years back.

13. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

That was me, I'm sure. :giggle: I post in spurts. I also type 90 wpm and sleep 6 hrs/night and work weird hours, but lots of people here actually know me IRL. Plus you had me confused with someone from another, earlier website that I'd never been on. Hope that's all cleared up now?

• Like Like x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • List
  14. DagwoodGum

I think for a while there were postings from people trying "to deliver an effective blow" as well as Sea Org pretending to be ex's, one of which was an old friend from my TC org days who ferreted out my true identity on the board while pretending to be out.
    He wasn't out according to my former clam friend who'd seen him at an event in full sea org regalia during the exact time frame he was posting here as an "ex".
    The problem we had a couple of years ago originated when you'd slam me for my posts when I'd mention something new you hadn't thought of on your own with another poster following your each and every post, like your personal satellite mini me, and was piling on as though he'd just heard and HCO all call to arms or whatever the correct wording on that is as I was long gone before I'd ever been made aware of such an order back in the 70's.
    I just thought he had a crush on you from his sea org days, that was the way it seemed anyway.
    "Fat Sheila" worked in the adjoining cubicle to mine at the county and I had to hear her frantic tearing open of new bags of chips & pretzels and smell all else she was shoving down her gullet all day long while she juggled her two cell phones, on one talking to her husband, on the other talking to her son's high school band director that she was having an affair with.
    I apologize that I had they two of you Sheila's confused into one in my mind after a while.
    Ex's were trained for so long to theta slam anyone with a "non Scientological" or other practices non standard perspective that many don't even realize they're doing it.
    It's easier to get out than it is to make it all go away and get out of our heads.
    We've both come a long way.

e

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  15. DagwoodGum

I think for a while there were postings from people trying "to deliver an effective blow" as well as Sea Org pretending to be ex's, one of which was an old friend from my TC org days who ferreted out my true identity on the board while pretending to be out.
    He wasn't out according to my former clam friend who'd seen him at an event in full sea org regalia during the exact time frame he was posting here as an "ex".
    The problem we had a couple of years ago originated when you'd slam me for my posts when I'd mention something new you hadn't thought of on your own with another poster following your each and every post, like your personal satellite mini me, and was piling on as though he'd just heard an HCO all call to arms or whatever the correct wording on that is as I was long gone before I'd ever been made aware of such an order back in the 70's.
    I just thought he had a crush on you from his sea org days, that was the way it seemed anyway.
    "Fat Sheila" worked in the adjoining cubicle to mine at the county and I had to hear her frantic tearing open of new bags of chips & pretzels and smell all else she was shoving down her gullet all day long while she juggled her two cell phones, on one talking to her husband, on the other talking to her son's high school band director that she was having an affair with.
    I apologize that I had they two of you Sheila's confused into one in my mind after a while.
    Ex's were trained for so long to theta slam anyone with a "non Scientological" or other practices non standard perspective that many don't even realize they're doing it.
    It's easier to get out than it is to make it all go away and get out of our heads.
    We've both come a long way.

e

16. DagwoodGum

Duplicate post, my computer keeps installing updates when I'm trying to post, POS!

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019 at 3:30 PM
  17. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

Yeh, we've come a long way. I'm sorry too, for being harsh with you. You're good with me. I don't remember any specifics beyond something about you thinking I'd been on ARS or something and the mixup with the other Sheila you knew. I've never been on ARS. At least, not that I know of, and definitely never before here. Exscn was my very first contact with exes since I left, no kidding, except for one or two stray posts where I filled out a survey asking about my Sea Org experience. It was called "Open Door" or something like that.

I went through a lot on here. OMG, my head was spinning for weeks & weeks. Freezone, protests, lawsuits, abortions, where were my old friends? I had intentionally blocked off my Scn memories for many years and they all came back in a rush, then I had so many years to catch up on for what had happened in Scn and the ex community since. Add to that the fact I was pretty clueless about forums and how they worked. It was exciting but also incredibly mentally painful at the same time. I wanted to tell the whole world everything, you know, but I didn't really have the whole picture for quite a while. You know how it goes.

:hug: You're a good writer, btw. Just wanted to mention that.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
    • List
  18. DagwoodGum

You are one of the brilliant
    You have one of the great minds that makes it worth enduring some of the bullshit that we have to deal with here at times.
    But I don't know what ARS is?
    I would have to make an admission that before I came onto this board I had only posted on sports sites where nearly everything was posted antagonistically and it took me a while to shake that perspective even though it comes back to me every now and again.
    I consider you a friend whom I never had the pleasure of actually meeting, perhaps one day...

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • List
  19. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

Oh looks like I was wrong and it wasn't you that thought I was on ARS. That rumor went on and on and on for the longest time.

Thanks! I like ya too. :hug: You seem pretty mellow these days, but yah, I totally understand about the sports sites. :giggle:

• LOL LOL x 1
    • For you For you x 1
    • List
  20. F.Bullbait

F.Bullbait Oh, a wise guy,eh?

sheila! 90wpm!

i pick my type one at a time...

[​IMG]

it takes me an hour per line but at least i gots friends...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019 at 9:21 PM