OT VIII Success

Discussion in 'Mike Rinders Blog' started by RSS Feed, Oct 1, 2017.

View Users: View Users
  1. RSS Feed

RSS Feed RSS Feeder Bot

There is a new post up at the Mike Rinder's Blog

OT VIII Success

When this is the best you have, scraping the barrel doesn’t really describe it. After half a million dollars and years and years of sacrifice, the accomplishment seems to be more “I finally made it over the finish line” than anything tangible. It’s all vague “I could say this, but it’s not really that” and[.......]

Continue reading...

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • List
  2. I told you I was trouble

I told you I was trouble Suspended animation

It's almost unthinkable to stand in front of an audience full of scientologists and be yourself by telling the truth.

How I wish I'd had the courage to say what I really wanted to say at my "OT3" graduation but I was shocked and furious and had been since I read the course pack introducing me to Uncle Xenu a few weeks before. I was also scared and stressed ... so I smiled and "owned the space" (lol) ... forced myself to appear relaxed and confidently waffled the minimum amount of culty rubbish I felt I could get away with, then I got out of there as fast as my feet would carry me, collected my belongings, raced to the airport and NEVER went back.

I don't use the word hate easily but I HATED the whole experience, hated every single thing to do with it. It was completely degrading ... I was totally under the control of some very mentally and spiritually damaged people from the moment I arrived. It felt like I'd been handed a heavy, soaking wet coat of both gloom and false gaiety on arrival and I was obliged to wear it for the whole time I was there.

:zombi:

Once on the plane I was finally able to quietly and calmly re-evaluate things and a few hours later I had regained much of my equilibrium, I regained the rest when I joined ESMB and I hope the poor sucker mentioned on this thread does the same.

• Thanks Thanks x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. Emma

Emma Mother of Dragons Administrator

Oh Man, I can just see you up there, no more fucks left to give, and telling the audience what you really thought.

That would have been a sight. :lol:

• LOL LOL x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. RogerB

RogerB Crusader

5. hummingbird

hummingbird Patron with Honors

Trouble, I remember when I was in, an auditor at a lowly Class IV Mission. We had a handful of staff of independent means who were able to go to AOLA to do OT3. This was back in the 70s. Lots of ooh-ing and ah-ing about having such capable beings on staff. And, when they came back, they honestly seemed worse off. I was expecting beamingness from them, or something. One of them threw a fit in her auditing room and started smashing her certs after she got her first paycheck after returning. I was stunned... couldn't she just postulate money? LRH says it's just energy, and she's in complete control over M, E, S, and T.

Now that I've seen the materials I can fully appreciate the massive amounts of cognitive dissonance that these poor folks had to live with day after day after day. Not only that they themselves had to pay boo-coo cash to climb up there, but that they were participating in a fraud, big time. One was our mission C/S, the other was the QualSec. I used to envy them, now I just feel so so sorry for them. And, of the three of them, two are dead now.

6. strativarius

strativarius Comfortably Numb

While I was on staff at London org, three people, John Parselle, Nicky Mendoza and another guy who's name I won't mention, all went to Flag at different times to do the Class VIII course or some other high-level type shit under Hubbard, and none of them returned behaving in any way how I expected them to behave, in fact the best way to describe how they seemed to me when they came back was 'shell-shocked'.

John Parselle ultimately blew, prompting Hubbard to state that he didn't believe this could have happened. Nicky Mendoza often used to sit in reception staring at god knows what in the middle-distance. Because she was OT VI I used to imagine she was exteriorised and doing OT VI type stuff. She was probably sitting there wondering how the fuck she had got involved in this crazy cult in the first place.

Looking back it was all too obvious things were not right, but when you are drinking deep of the kool-aid you can always convince yourself otherwise.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
    • List
  7. I told you I was trouble

I told you I was trouble Suspended animation

@hummingbird and @strativarius ... all I can say is (altogether now) "Thank gawd for the Internet".

:yay:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. ThetanExterior

ThetanExterior Goldenrod SP

Hubbard was apparently raving about BTs being everywhere right up until he died.

So that must mean he wasn't an OT VII completion. So how could he discover the tech for OT VIII and above?

Obviously he couldn't and didn't.

I would now like to attest to completion of the Scientology experience.

9. phenomanon

phenomanon Gold Meritorious Patron

That OT8 Ep "Now I know who I m not, and am interested in knowing Who I really am" means to m that now that you are free from BT/Cls,you are finally just yourself with no "attachments".; and can recycle your Bridge as a 'true OT'. :panic::panic::panic:

Did the success story say anything about that?