What's new

Out-Int — Fact or Fiction?

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
The entire list of identities is an over-kill for sure. Though I thought the general principle of the descending order of identities might have been useful . . . and could possibly work if we restricted it to "main categories" . . . as in "A Career Created Identity" and such.

I'll have to revisit the PaulsRobot on this you're putting together to see what I can think of that might help.

OK, great. I'll PM you a URL soon when it's mostly done.

Here is another set of scales by Alan. You can pick and choose what suits you.

This attached doc is in powerpoint @ A4 size 11"x17" . . . it conveys both the Levels of Existence (Positive and Negative) and an expanded mood scale that expresses both the outflowing reaching moods and also the withdrawing, away and inflowing moods :biggrin:

I thought I'd get from my files as a Powerpoint . . . but instead I had to convert it to pdf to be able to attach it . . . hence this in pdf.

Rog

Thanks for that. Could you email me the PPT file at [email protected]? The PDF is missing bits.

Paul

Man de la Mancha

Patron with Honors
I almost forgot about "out-int". It never really made any sense to me because I thought being exterior was part of the whole OT thing, and I recall that in Scn being stuck in the body was not a good thing. So to be "out-int(eriorization??)" means that one's interiorization is not "in", which means that one's "exteriorization" must be "in", which presumably would mean the thetan is comfortably exteriorized, which means that "out-int" is one of the ultimate goals of Scientology and much of eastern religion, which should not be a bad thing... but it is... I think.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
I almost forgot about "out-int". It never really made any sense to me because I thought being exterior was part of the whole OT thing, and I recall that in Scn being stuck in the body was not a good thing. So to be "out-int(eriorization??)" means that one's interiorization is not "in", which means that one's "exteriorization" must be "in", which presumably would mean the thetan is comfortably exteriorized, which means that "out-int" is one of the ultimate goals of Scientology and much of eastern religion, which should not be a bad thing... but it is... I think.

Lol, if I were you Man de la Mancha ... I'd forget about it again, re-looking at it is just inviting introversion IMNSHO and leads you back down the path to cultic thinking, and who needs that?

YMMV.

:coolwink:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I just read through this entire thread again. It's quite something.

I intend to release this IntExtStay module on Valentine's Day, 14th February. I'm just tweaking the final bits and pieces. It's pretty much as I have already described.

Paul

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
OK, it's done, come and get it. :)

The best thing to do is to just download the latest version of PaulsRobot3 as it contains all the latest tweaks and updates. It's called "AllToDate" and is about 50 MB total.

All the downloads are linked from the PaulsRobot3 download page.

Paul

Jquepublic

Silver Meritorious Patron
I need to read this thread much more thoroughly, but for me personally, the phenomena associated with out-Int was and still is a problem. It's not exclusive to Scientology of course - one of the common problems reported by people who work at astral projection is "a profound feeling of vertigo is common before a successful exit from the body, which sometimes stop the student from completing the projection. Additionally, the point of exit is sometimes accompanied by genuine physical discomfort or even pain. A pressure is often felt around the head, like a very tight band. "

I had the pressure around the head, it felt more like a balloon blowing up inside my head though than a band. I also remember describing how I felt on my FIRST int RD as "being stuck between elevator doors, half in and half out".

The issue didn't resolve for me, as I still have those phenomena occasionally.

In present time

Gold Meritorious Patron
Out-Int?

That dreaded phrase, one of Hubbard's curses he inflicted on his flock (inflockted?). Since it took a (rarely available) Grad V or Class VI auditor to "fix" it, it was often the kiss of death to staff members who wanted some auditing action but were denied it because "they were out-int."

I think almost all of the trouble was of the self-fulfilling-prophesy kind. Hubbard invented the problem, some internal enemy to hamstring people with that only his wonderful tech could vanquish. It seems to be on a parallel with the external enemies like the Marcabian Between-Lives Implanters and Xenu.

The "theory" of it, as Hubbard wrote, or at least Clearbird's statement of what Hubbard wrote, is here: http://www.freezoneearth.org/Clearbird/Clearbird2004/sub2/class4pro/10e_e_int1.htm. This is all about exteriorization and interiorization, a very shaky theoretical foundation anyway.

I think it is an invented problem, a "solution" that itself became a huge problem instead. But I have heard of people saying how they suffered from awful headaches their whole life, starting way before Scn, and then after an Int RD they never had a headache again. So it is not clearcut.

Any comments?

Paul

yeah. that was my deal. chronic migraines and they really were ruining my life. I lost jobs over those damn headache. So well when scientology said they could fix that I was all go. I was promised this for free if I joined staff, lol. All I got was a double headache from being on post with a migraine and not being allowed to take my medicine. I ended up paying for the int rundown with the last of my savings, and I hated it. And no, did nothing for my headaches. About eight years later I was doing M-one and ran a nasty beheading incident and the headaches blew right then and there.

Did I just imagine the nasty beheading incident? Hell if I care. I am still delighted to this day to no longer be a chronic migraine sufferer!!!

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire

F.Bullbait

Oh, a wise guy,eh?
yeah. that was my deal. chronic migraines and they really were ruining my life. I lost jobs over those damn headache. So well when scientology said they could fix that I was all go. I was promised this for free if I joined staff, lol. All I got was a double headache from being on post with a migraine and not being allowed to take my medicine. I ended up paying for the int rundown with the last of my savings, and I hated it. And no, did nothing for my headaches. About eight years later I was doing M-one and ran a nasty beheading incident and the headaches blew right then and there.

Did I just imagine the nasty beheading incident? Hell if I care. I am still delighted to this day to no longer be a chronic migraine sufferer!!!
I wonder about using Int. Rundown to address headaches. While I can attest that headache is a symptom of out-Int, it seems like a wrong call unless one has recently gone exterior and then got pulled back in. Obviously the headache described here was a typical somatic that should have been addressed by Dianetics.

I am in the busy season so I don't have the time to read this whole thread which does seem interesting.

My experience with Int. Rundown was amazing. Probably the only really WOW auditing I received while I was in Scientology (mid to late 1970's).

I was getting standard Dianetic auditing when I became 'out-Int' between sessions.

What I recall about the Int Rundown was that it had to be done by a highly trained auditor and needed to be done quickly. Usually these would be two strikes against this being done right but I was lucky.

I was good friends with the C/S who had lots of altitude within the Scientology system. He pulled strings and I got the right auditor and was in-session right away to get this handled.

During the Int Rundown, I recall that I was running an incident and then suddenly was looking at the facsimiles from an exterior viewpoint. I had a surge of energy and then just blew the facsimile chain by postulate. I thought this was fun and started blowing all kinds of chains at blazing speed until the auditor queried as to what was going on and ended the session.

I didn't have the impression of being exterior to the body but definitely felt exterior to the bank.

I still go back to this release point when I audit myself and I think it is key to my having good case gain.

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
Ok, I'll make an admission.. I've said earlier in this thread that 'out/int' is just another loose dingleberry flung off from one of Hubbard's brainfarts.. Well, maybe not those exact words, but you get my drift...

But I have to admit.. I have actually been out/int while in scientology! - While I was in (interior) in Scientology I wanted out! - Didn't give me a headache though.. Rather it was a pain in the arse!

:yes:

phenomanon

Canyon
Ok, I'll make an admission.. I've said earlier in this thread that 'out/int' is just another loose dingleberry flung off from one of Hubbard's brainfarts.. Well, maybe not those exact words, but you get my drift...

But I have to admit.. I have actually been out/int while in scientology! - While I was in (interior) in Scientology I wanted out! - Didn't give me a headache though.. Rather it was a pain in the arse!

Dunno if it's already been mentioned in this thread, but I'll bring it up anyways. Headaches are not the indicator for "out-int". Headaches, a feeling of wanting to 'blow', and A HIGH Tone Arm reading are the indicators for "out-int".
I've 'done' the entire Bridge. Starting in !951 with Creative Processing, and up thru 5 Dianetic Case Completions, Quickie Grades, Single Flow Grades, Triple Grades, and Expanded Grades, Power, Clearing Course, all the "old OT levels", and the new OT4 and NOTS.
I have never received an Int Rundown. I have been "exterior" thruout my auditing. No problem.
I have never 'delivered' an Int R/D.
I became adept at clearing the Int R/D materials with a PC, and when they fully understood the phenom, they no longer 'read' on out/int.
At AOLA, I delivered quite a few "End of Endless Int R/D's. These consisted (As I recall) handling a correction list, and rehabbing the 'release state'. ( my memory is fuzzy on the processes used).
There again, once the PC was fully cleared on the materials of the level, he no longer had a problem with it.

YMobviouslyV

phenomanon challenge

In present time

Gold Meritorious Patron

Dunno if it's already been mentioned in this thread, but I'll bring it up anyways. Headaches are not the indicator for "out-int". Headaches, a feeling of wanting to 'blow', and A HIGH Tone Arm reading are the indicators for "out-int".
I've 'done' the entire Bridge. Starting in !951 with Creative Processing, and up thru 5 Dianetic Case Completions, Quickie Grades, Single Flow Grades, Triple Grades, and Expanded Grades, Power, Clearing Course, all the "old OT levels", and the new OT4 and NOTS.
I have never received an Int Rundown. I have been "exterior" thruout my auditing. No problem.
I became adept at clearing the Int R/D materials with a PC, and when they fully understood the phenom, they no longer 'read' on out/int.
At AOLA, I delivered quite a few "End of Endless Int R/D's. These consisted (As I recall) handling a correction list, and rehabbing the 'release state'. ( my memory is fuzzy on the processes used).
There again, once the PC was fully cleared on the materials of the level, he no longer had a problem with it.

YMobviouslyV

phenomanon challenge
just another case of the tech, right or wrong not being correctly duplicated. perhaps in my case having a migraine and wanting to shelter
in a dark room equaled "blow" from post. plus, whoknows what a t.a. reading is like in the middle of a migraine, cant imagine it would be anything good.

Gib

Crusader

YMobviouslyV

phenomanon challenge

sounds like the "technology" was a sales pitch hidden under the guise of "technology" of the mind. :laugh:

And you just verified that. What with your experience and all, and even the person saying it himself/herself.:duh:

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Gib

Crusader

But I have to admit.. I have actually been out/int while in scientology! -
While I was in (interior) in Scientology I wanted out!
- Didn't give me a headache though.. Rather it was a pain in the arse!

that happened to me twice, blowing staff that is. :laugh:

And I went back a third time. Because I still believed the shit. :hysterical:

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball

YMobviouslyV

phenomanon challenge
Yep.. Like I said: "'out/int' is just another loose dingleberry flung off from one of Hubbard's brainfarts.."

asource

Patron
my day job is medical... I can tell you this 99% of all headaches are due to dehydration. Most people are chronic dehydrated. This has nothing to do with INT.... but i can't count the time i have rec a CS to check for INT due to Chronic headaches.. even slight dehydration can cause a headache.

A better question is to check for thirsty. 30 min after fluids... headache gone

One reason this happens is that thirst is not felt until a signal is received from the hypothalamus. This signal does not happen until you are way past dehydration. The symptoms of OUT INT are very very similar to dehydration.

On RUDS.. please ask are you dehydrated, not are you thirsty. very easy way to check. pinch the skin on the back of the hand, if the pinch stays up you are dehydrated. Then you end the session due to out ruds and inform the pc to never come to session thirsty. This is the end of endless ints.

ALWAYS have water for the PC in the auditing room and encourage its consumption. The change in saline level in the blood changes in a big way the nature of electricity passing though the body.

partial:

Most people don’t think they need to worry about dehydration. To them, dehydration is something that happens to travelers in the desert when they run out of water. But there is a chronic form of dehydration that does not have the sudden and intense nature of the acute form. Chronic dehydration is widespread in the present day and affects everyone who is not drinking enough liquid.
This list of 13 symptoms will inspire you to go get a glass of water, and then another, and another …
(After each symptom we will show how lack of fluid affects the issue.)
1. Fatigue, Energy Loss: Dehydration of the tissues causes enzymatic activity to slow down.
2. Constipation: When chewed food enters the colon, it contains too much liquid to allow stools to form properly, and the wall of the colon reduces it. In chronic dehydration, the colon takes too much water to give to other parts of the body.
3. Digestive Disorders: In chronic dehydration, the secretion of digestive juices are less.
4. High and Low Blood Pressure: The body’s blood volume is not enough to completely fill the entire set of arteries, veins, and capillaries.
5. Gastritis, Stomach Ulcers: To protect its mucous membranes from being destroyed by the acidic digestive fluid it produces, the stomach secretes a layer of mucus.
6. Respiratory Troubles: The mucous membranes of the respiratory region are slightly moist to protect the respiratory tract from substances that might be present in inhaled air.
7. Acid-Alkaline Imbalance: Dehydration activates an enzymatic slowdown producing acidification.
8. Excess Weight and Obesity: We may overeat because we crave foods rich in water. Thirst is often confused with hunger.
9. Eczema: Your body needs enough moisture to sweat 20 to 24 ounces of water, the amount necessary to dilute toxins so they do not irritate the skin.
10. Cholesterol: When dehydration causes too much liquid to be removed from inside the cells, the body tries to stop this loss by producing more cholesterol.
11. Cystitis, Urinary Infections: If toxins contained in urine are insufficiently diluted, they attack the urinary mucous membranes.
12. Rheumatism: Dehydration abnormally increases the concentration of toxins in the blood and cellular fluids, and the pains increase in proportion to the concentration of the toxins.
13. Premature Aging: The body of a newborn child is composed of 80 percent liquid, but this percentage declines to no more than 70 percent in an adult and continues to decline with age.

I had three int rundowns. I had one, then about a year later I had a corrected one.

Then about 10 years later I had an "End of endless Int rundown" rundown.

Rundown is the right word for that's how it made me feel.

I think that by that time a person has bought into so much of the mindset that even a headache can be made into a "case phenomenon."

And a suggestion like that made to a person in an enviroment like that will most likely stick and be considered real to the person.

The Anabaptist Jacques

Needs a wide variety of possibilities like SA Lists. The int/ext buttons are just a place to start. They represent a wide-open list that can be interpreted as the client sees fit. Times you enjoyed getting in, times you enjoyed getting out. That sort of thing. That might be enough for an experienced client. Like SA Lists, int/ext can be expanded to more specific circumstances. Let the client pick and choose the relevant questions. Skip the ones that have nothing on them.

The idea of int across the Dynamics is good, lots of potential questions and recalls there.

I will have to pass on giving this a lot of attention for now.

Okay - I read the whole thread - couldn't resist...
...still a techie fanatic :happydance::melodramatic: (Ay, Scotito!)

:unsure:(matter a-fact, I was still 'IN' and 'bout to git my 'INT' currected back when Ted posted that-there-above... but bein sneaky 'n all and anyways, 'IN' a lotta pain, I'd all reddy dun 'handled' them migraine headaches 'n anguish from 'booted outta spaces' by doin my own solo auditin with my super quantummeter! - why that super quantummeter shore 'nuff found the charge - juz like that movie 'bout the super quantummeter said it would!)
:ohmy:

So here is that INT-OUT-INT - END OF ENDLESS OUT-INT - SELF-ANALYSIS LIST:

A) CAN YOU RECALL A TIME WHEN...
1. you were in something pleasant?
2. you got out of something unpleasant?
3. you finally arrived?
4. you slipped away?
5. you were invited in where you wanted to be?
6. you went in and enjoyed it?
7. you made it in?
8. it was a relief to be kicked out?
9. you didn't mind being pulled in?
10. you made it out?
11. you were happy to be pushed in?
12. you could come and go as you pleased?
13. you succeeded in joining a conversation?
14. you felt relieved to be leaving?
15. you became part of the fun?
16. you escaped harm?
17. you were accepted as a member?
18. you got out and enjoyed the space?
19. you knew you'd be getting out soon?
20. you got in?
21. you escaped?
22. someone detaining you, let you go?
23. you were free to go?
24. after some effort, you finally got in?
25. you let someone go, that you had detained?
26. you got out?
27. they let you in?
28. they let you out?
29. you let them in?
30. you let them out?
31. leaving was the right thing to do?
32. hanging in there led to something good?
33. you arrived to a warm welcome?
34. you got out of there alive?
35. you got into things and enjoyed it?
36. you were happy to be back in?
37. you were glad to be out?
38. you made it in?
39. you made it out?
40. you were happy being you?
41. you really wanted to be there?
42. you knew they couldn't stop you?
43. you knew they couldn't talk you back in?
44. you were exactly where you wanted to be?

[optional - 3x version:
B) CAN YOU RECALL ANOTHER TIME WHEN...
C) CAN YOU RECALL THE EARLIEST TIME YOU CAN WHEN...]

[copy and use freely]

Scott Gordon
former DSA Costa Rica; DSA CCDallas
WATCHFUL NAVIGATOR

Okay - I read the whole thread - couldn't resist...
...still a techie fanatic :happydance::melodramatic: (Ay, Scotito!)

:unsure:(matter a-fact, I was still 'IN' and 'bout to git my 'INT' currected back when Ted posted that-there-above... but bein sneaky 'n all and anyways, 'IN' a lotta pain, I'd all reddy dun 'handled' them migraine headaches 'n anguish from 'booted outta spaces' by doin my own solo auditin with my super quantummeter! - why that super quantummeter shore 'nuff found the charge - juz like that movie 'bout the super quantummeter said it would!)
:ohmy:

So here is that INT-OUT-INT - END OF ENDLESS OUT-INT - SELF-ANALYSIS LIST:

1. you were in something pleasant?
2. you got out of something unpleasant?
3. you finally arrived?
4. you slipped away?
5. you were invited in where you wanted to be?
6. you went in and enjoyed it?
7. you made it in?
8. it was a relief to be kicked out?
9. you didn't mind being pulled in?
10. you made it out?
11. you were happy to be pushed in?
12. you could come and go as you pleased?
13. you succeeded in joining a conversation?
14. you felt relieved to be leaving?
15. you became part of the fun?
16. you escaped harm?
17. you were accepted as a member?
18. you got out and enjoyed the space?
19. you knew you'd be getting out soon?
20. you got in?
21. you escaped?
22. someone detaining you, let you go?
23. you were free to go?
24. after some effort, you finally got in?
25. you let someone go, that you had detained?
26. you got out?
27. they let you in?
28. they let you out?
29. you let them in?
30. you let them out?
31. leaving was the right thing to do?
32. hanging in there led to something good?
33. you arrived to a warm welcome?
34. you got out of there alive?
35. you got into things and enjoyed it?
36. you were happy to be back in?
37. you were glad to be out?
38. you made it in?
39. you made it out?
40. you were happy being you?
41. you really wanted to be there?
42. you knew they couldn't stop you?
43. you knew they couldn't talk you back in?
44. you were exactly where you wanted to be?

[optional - 3x version:
B) CAN YOU RECALL ANOTHER TIME WHEN...
C) CAN YOU RECALL THE EARLIEST TIME YOU CAN WHEN...]

[copy and use freely]

Scott Gordon
former DSA Costa Rica; DSA CCDallas
WATCHFUL NAVIGATOR

There are a coupla useful commands for "out int/ext" phenomena like headaches.

Can you recall which cupboard your hand should be IN to get the Tylenol?
Can you recall which cupboard your hand should be coming OUT of with the anti-inflammatory.
Etc.