Out of Body with perception? Still like the idea?

Discussion in 'Human Potential, Self Discovery' started by Veda, May 11, 2019.

View Users: View Users
  1. Mimsey Borogrove

Mimsey Borogrove Crusader

Hi Roger, please watch his video from :30 on for a few moments. If you go to the store to buy replacement batteries and they have 50 1.4 V batteries in stock - that does not equate to 75 volts potential as he seems to state. Or am I missing something?

Another thing - how did the 1.4V/cell electric potential suddenly morph into chi?

He must be omitting something or I am spectacularly dense.

If the potential is as you state, a driving force to pull nutrients into the cell, I doubt it would be available to be used as Chi.

If I understand the definition of a battery correctly, power flows out from the cathode on one end of the battery around in a circuit and back into the other side, the anode. That is not the same thing as a difference in potential between the surface and the interior of a living cell.

Further, DG's point about the e-meter current's completing the circuit, could have negative effects to the body's natural electrical balance perhaps resulting in the high statistic of OT cancer cases. Having audited on solo nots, I can say with certainty, you spend a lot of time on the e-meter. Perhaps it should have been an induction circuit where there is no addition of a current into the body.

Chi, as defined below seems to equate to the aura we see in other practices.

Mimsey

"Energy is described in Western culture as vigor, life, spirit, passion, power, and electromagnetism. The Hindus call vital energy prana. The Hebrew name for "vital energy" is ruah. The Chinese define energy as life force, or chi."

"Chi, in Eastern medicine, is the vital energy that flows though each organ and system of the body. All of these organs and systems are connected by this vital energy so if an organ is sick you must look at the entire body to find the cause of illness. This chi, or energy, is found at a molecular level. Western medicine would call this vital energy "electromagnetism," which holds the atoms in orbit around each other in your body. Chinese medicine works on the construct that when your body is sick, your chi, or energy, is out of balance and the flow of vital energy must be restored to a healthy flow. The way I describe this to my clients and patients is to imagine your body as a home that is wired with electrical wiring. Your body's electrical system is just like your home: Sometimes there is a short in the circuit or a loose wire. You call your electrician to get the flow of electricity going again. In Chinese medicine you can go to an acupuncture practitioner or practice tai chi or Qigong for the same effect."

https://www.sharecare.com/health/spiritual-therapies/what-vital-energy-chi-prana

Last edited: May 31, 2019
  2. Mimsey Borogrove

Perhaps he means that a current has an electromagnetic field around it, so the current flow from the surface to the center of the cell, has this electromagnetic field, and multiplied by billions of cells gives us the chi or aura?

And if that electromagnetic field has an implicit order to it - an underlying shape, such as a man has 2 arms, legs, torso, head, that would give you one type of field. Compare, say, where as a horse has 4 legs, a tail, a plant digesting system, it's field would be intrinsically different.

There would be the morphic fields Sheldrake posits.

So, if you can manipulate the field, to realign non-optimum areas, could healing occur?

Nice theory! Maybe I should get a crowd fund going. Mimsyism shall have scientific recognition at long last.

Mimsey

Last edited: May 31, 2019
  3. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

I didn't watch the vid, Mimsey, because it seemed too hokey for me, especially switching to chi, but as far as batteries go:

"Adding cells in a string increases the voltage; the capacity remains the same. If you need an odd voltage of, say, 9.50 volts, connect five lead acid, eight NiMH or NiCd, or three Li-ion in series. The end battery voltage does not need to be exact as long as it is higher than what the device specifies."

More info on how to arrange batteries to increase voltage or capacity at link:
    https://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/serial_and_parallel_battery_configurations

4. Mimsey Borogrove

My point was the current wants to flow the cathode to the anode - not internally, but externally. I know the difference between wiring batteries in series or in parallel. If it flowed internally, the battery would discharge post haste.

Moving on to the video - he is using an incorrect analogy by stating a living cell is a battery. He should be discussing the current inside the cell instead, or the difference in potential.

A current is surrounded by an electromagnetic field.

"A wire carrying electric current will produce a magnetic field with closed field lines surrounding the wire." https://courses.lumenlearning.com/boundless-physics/chapter/magnetism-and-magnetic-fields/

[​IMG]

That miniscule current, that goes from the surface of the living cell, into the interior of the cell, multiplied by the billions of cells that have it, adds up to something substantial.

My thought was that the sum total of all the electromagnetic fields surrounding those currents of all the living cells could be considered Chi or an aura.

Sorry if I wasn't clearer in what I wrote earlier.

Mimsey

Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  5. DagwoodGum

DagwoodGum Squirreling Dervish

Here's what we have left of what Lerma had uncovered about how the Emeter is used to enslave you in Scientology, there are a few rabbit holes here where if the links still work, point to a lot of advanced thought on the overall scenario.
    https://web.archive.org/web/20180319102504/http://www.lermanet.com/shock1.htm
    https://web.archive.org/web/20180319101443/http://www.lermanet.com/huldaclark.htm

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
  6. RogerB

RogerB Crusader

Mimsey, my man, I am up to my eyeballs in other traffic too much to give your questions and discourse the full answer it and you deserve. I am headed out of town for two weeks . . . early morning AMTRAK, and all that.

But there are two simple propositions to consider . . . .

1) Chi, Prana and all the other labels of spiritual Life Force is primary and thus manifesting in various expressions in the physical universe, like, for example energy in living bodily cells, or;
    2) Physical universe "energy" is primary and that we are derivative of and/or created by (somehow) the physical universe . . . and that Chi, et al, is merely physical universe phenomena.

Lipton has complicated and not made clear which is which and/or what position on this he has taken.

And that is the conundrum you have to resolve for yourself . . . no amount of other people's experience, knowledge or certainty on the matter is going to resolve it for you. :oops:

7. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

Roger, has it ever occurred to you that maybe there isn't this complete separation and it's not an either/or thing?

That maybe energy, in all of its forms, life and otherwise, just continues?

That maybe neither proposed answer to the origin of life energy is anywhere close to correct?

8. Karakorum

Karakorum supressively reasonable

An out of body perception nearly the opposite of what one should be going for.

I myself suggest the tested and true emptiness meditation. Sunnata, or if you prefer the occidental term: "blankness" or henosis-oriented comtemplation.

The goal is not to see the universe from outside your body. The goal is to, in some sense, go against the current of the subsequent hypostais, aiming to perceive the ousia of the One.

9. RogerB

RogerB Crusader

Now that I am back from travels . . . .

Sheila, my love . . . that in red above is exactly what I have been saying . . . as noted elsewhere, physical universe "energy" is actually formed spiritual Life-Force.

R

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  10. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

Ah, that's not what I meant, but I get ya.