What's new

Peek Behind The Curtain

Glenda

Crusader
Great thread full of very many accurate explanations drawn from experiences and reflection upon them. Personally having been in 37 years although admittedly not in OSA dealing with some of the true but rotten and anti-social aspects of scientologists' behaviour which have been exposed, there is one aspect that I feel needs more highlighting.

That aspect ties in very well with the 'tool box'and the 'mind manipulation' items. It is the personal ah hah temporary insights and emotional 'highs' which can be experienced while fooling around with different ideas or 'answers' presented and wrestled with to make sense of and the auditing procedures which introvert and or focus the mind in its search for meaning or certainty in life. This will almost always have emotional content which can be very strong and the training education and the auditing are done until such time as an positive emotional feeling or state and or mental positive agreement or conclusion is achieved. These are called WINS (knowledge attained and some level of skill in applying for course materials and or End Phenomena in auditing.

These wins help to corroborate the KSW that scientology works, and Hubbard was onto something good and beneficial. Of course these 'wins' are very often fleeting and often completely detached from reality and exist only in the newly forming 'identity' of the increasingly induced state of follower and puppet of hubbard and his slave inducing 'philosophy'. I am firmly of the belief that this is what the manic megalomaniac hubbard was on purpose to achieve. Power over others at any costs.

It is this produced mental and emotional slave, addicted to and craving more wins, or wins and hope of eventually arriving at a state in which one is all powerful in life(at the top of the ''Bridge to total freedom and having power(at knowing and willing cause over life......." as stated on the 'Classification and gradation chart of scientology' and a STATE ACHIEVED of OTVIII , which in concert with probably all the other points so insightfully and truthfully revealed in earlier posts dries a person to stay on board and see all 'entheta' as distractions and or opposition to be ignored or destroyed.

"WE WERE SAVING THE WORLD" and ourselves as Anna Whitfield so piercingly explained in the BBC 1997 production The Secret Lives of L. Ronald Hubbard.

Well said! :yes:

On the road out of the mess, I craved, like a mad addict, what you write about above. Just. Give. Me. A. Win! I'd pace past the scientology CD's in the house and have to fight with myself to not plug one in. I was a big overt/withhold writer (years of self-abuse, lol) and my craving included wanting to shift my reality with a good old-fashioned o/w write-up. Then I'd indulge in "I should do an ethics condition, that might make me feel better..." Then I'd shout at myself to just stop trying to fix myself with the very stuff that was causing the massive disorientation/discomfort. The word "freedom" was attached to nearly every thought. I was batshit crazy for a while there. It was a tough time moving through the cravings stage. My bones actually ached, I sweated and shivered. No shit. I had no idea that I was addicted to a cult until I had to go cold-turkey. I can laugh about it now but at the time....intense!

I blame bad parenting (kidding). Apparently I never crawled. I just got up one day and walked. Big developmental stage missed and a pattern was set to just leap and do stuff. Not a healthy pattern. My leaping out of my addiction to a cult follows that pattern. :melodramatic: :biggrin:

tetloj

Silver Meritorious Patron

On the road out of the mess, I craved, like a mad addict, what you write about above. Just. Give. Me. A. Win! I'd pace past the scientology CD's in the house and have to fight with myself to not plug one in. I was a big overt/withhold writer (years of self-abuse, lol) and my craving included wanting to shift my reality with a good old-fashioned o/w write-up. Then I'd indulge in "I should do an ethics condition, that might make me feel better..." Then I'd shout at myself to just stop trying to fix myself with the very stuff that was causing the massive disorientation/discomfort. The word "freedom" was attached to nearly every thought. I was batshit crazy for a while there. It was a tough time moving through the cravings stage. My bones actually ached, I sweated and shivered. No shit. I had no idea that I was addicted to a cult until I had to go cold-turkey. I can laugh about it now but at the time....intense!

I blame bad parenting (kidding). Apparently I never crawled. I just got up one day and walked. Big developmental stage missed and a pattern was set to just leap and do stuff. Not a healthy pattern. My leaping out of my addiction to a cult follows that pattern. :melodramatic: :biggrin:
Wow Glenda, those thought patterns are very familiar to me from my own experience of coming out of addiction or obsessive twisted thinking.

I'm sure I've noticed this before, but as always, you describe the behaviour so well. You described something I went through today, the self-talk, and trying to decide whether I was applying new correct thinking or twisted old thinking. It's hard to rewire the brain when your relying on the old messed up one to be the arbiter.

Cognitive behaviour therapy is very effective for beneficial thought stopping....hardly surprising it is so effective for the manipulative kind

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thanks. I went back and edited the post a bit for slightly better organization and clarity and removal of errors introduced by the evil transcriptionist dwelling in my over sensitive wrist rest on my laptop keyboard.

ethercat

Cat in flight
Moved to the "Office of Special Affairs" forum as that seems appropriate for this discussion. Pardon the interruption. Please continue. :)

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Great thread full of very many accurate explanations drawn from experiences and reflection upon them. Personally having been in 37 years. although admittedly not in OSA dealing with some of the true but rotten and anti-social aspects of scientologists' behaviour which have been exposed, there is one aspect that I feel needs more highlighting.

That aspect ties in very well with the 'tool box'and the 'mind manipulation' items. It is the personal ah hah temporary insights and emotional 'highs' which can be experienced while fooling around with different ideas or 'answers' presented and wrestled with to make sense of AND the auditing procedures which introvert and or focus the mind in its search for meaning or certainty in life. This will almost always have emotional content which can be very strong and the training education and the auditing are done until such time as a positive emotional feeling or state and or mental positive agreement or conclusion is achieved. These are called WINS (knowledge attained and some level of skill in applying for course materials) and or End Phenomena in auditing.

These wins help to corroborate the KSW that scientology works, and Hubbard was onto something good and beneficial. Of course these 'wins' are very often fleeting and often completely detached from reality and exist only in the newly forming 'identity' of the increasingly induced state of follower and puppet of hubbard and his slave inducing 'philosophy'. I am firmly of the belief that this is what the manic megalomaniac hubbard was on purpose to achieve. Power over others at any costs. ETA: mind and emotional and thus behaviour control all members of scientology and I will add 'the peoples of earth'. The 'peoples of earth' comes right out of the Field Staff member position which hubbard assigned to all participants of scientology.....just like any slave driver would command of his intended slaves.

It is this produced mental and emotional slave, addicted to and craving more wins, OR wins and hope of eventually arriving at a state in which one is all powerful in life (at the top of the ''Bridge to total freedom" and having power) at "knowing and willing cause over life..(..a promised STATE ACHIEVED of...) = " OTVIII " as stated on the 'Classification and gradation chart of scientology' , which in concert with probably all the other points so insightful and truthfully revealed in earlier posts drives a person to stay on board and see all 'entheta' as distractions and or opposition to be ignored or destroyed.

"WE WERE SAVING THE WORLD" and ourselves as Anna Whitfield so piercingly explained in the BBC 1997 production The Secret Lives of L. Ronald Hubbard.

This brings up the camaraderie thing. Can Scientologists truly be friends? We start out as friends who are Scientologists then end up as Scientologists who are friends. There is no room for mixed loyalties among comrades who are missioned to save the world.

Leon-2

Patron Meritorious

I have never had any of this shit go on in my head.

Have I missed out on something? :hmm:

phenomanon

Canyon
Operation Snow White and Operation Freakout occured in the early 1970s. Anyone with direct knowledge would be very old and many of these would have been dismissed in the purge when Miscavige came to power.

Those who don't have direct knowledge would only have cult propaganda to go on. The cult propaganda is that the US government was spying on Scientology and they did break ins to prove it.

Many OSA staff and staff in general, never really go up the bridge, so they never hear about Xenu directly. They usually publicly describe the Xenu story as a perversion of their beliefs, although former spokesperson Tommy Davis has essentially confirmed it on a small number of occasions. My guess is most OSA staff believe it was made up by SPs and not Hubbard.

Do you mean the Mission Holders conference and the "purge" of the Mission Holders? Otherwise, there was no "purge" when DM came into power. There was an Exodus of people, but we were not "purged". We left when the abuses came into light and we could no longer support the COS. Most of us who left in the late 70s and early 80s were Declared AFTER we had left.
I'm certain that OSA tells its' dupes that there was a "purge" and the new and great leader declared all the ones who had walked away from the madness, but that is more hype. The people who left were Scientologists. The people who stayed were Sheeples. There are NO Scientologists left in COS. Only "crims" too downtrodden to exit.

Glenda

Crusader
I have never had any of this shit go on in my head.

Have I missed out on something? :hmm:

Sorry to be blunt but you never fully left the whole construct. No matter how many words you use to come back at me,, no matter how you frame it, you still use aspects of the stuff that L Ron Hubbard put together in scientology.

So, yes, you have missed something.

Last edited:

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
Sorry to be blunt but you never fully left the whole construct. No matter how many words you use to come back at me, no matter how you frame it, you still use aspects of the stuff that L Ron Hubbard put together in scientology.

So, yes, you have missed something.

Just ignore him sweets, that's what I'm going to do. With a bit of luck he might just go away and take Terril with him.

He-man

Hero extraordinary
Do you mean the Mission Holders conference and the "purge" of the Mission Holders? Otherwise, there was no "purge" when DM came into power. There was an Exodus of people, but we were not "purged". We left when the abuses came into light and we could no longer support the COS. Most of us who left in the late 70s and early 80s were Declared AFTER we had left.
I'm certain that OSA tells its' dupes that there was a "purge" and the new and great leader declared all the ones who had walked away from the madness, but that is more hype. The people who left were Scientologists. The people who stayed were Sheeples. There are NO Scientologists left in COS. Only "crims" too downtrodden to exit.

I think there were several purges in the 80's, in orgs and in the Sea Org, but all I got on that is gossiping before bedtime and stuff.

Feels like there's a continuous cycle of purges going on in the church. That's disconnection and the RPF for me.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
I think there were several purges in the 80's, in orgs and in the Sea Org, but all I got on that is gossiping before bedtime and stuff.

Feels like there's a continuous cycle of purges going on in the church. That's disconnection and the RPF for me.

In the 80's, there were SO missions into the orgs to find anybody who was not 100% supportive of Management, and get rid of them via heavy ethics and sec-checking. Look up threads here mentioning Don Larson.

Examples:
http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?17293-How-the-horror-started-in-munich-org-1983&

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?11823-The-Lies-and-Deceit-of-the-Church-of-Scientology

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...n-1979&p=774352&highlight=Planakis#post774352

Jack Bauer

In the 80's, there were SO missions into the orgs to find anybody who was not 100% supportive of Management, and get rid of them via heavy ethics and sec-checking. Look up threads here mentioning Don Larson.

Examples:
http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?17293-How-the-horror-started-in-munich-org-1983&

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?11823-The-Lies-and-Deceit-of-the-Church-of-Scientology

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...n-1979&p=774352&highlight=Planakis#post774352

Thank you very much for posting these links. I'll confess I'm old and yet still a total newbie when it comes to forum protocol, posting, quoting and ESPECIALLY searching with the pertinent words for what I'm seeking. Much appreciated. Now I have some reading to do. lol

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron

To my understanding the claimed 'Purge' was a bullshits claim by uhmmm DM ? or other spokeshole for the CofS regarding the 'removal of the 'rogue Guardians Office staff who participated in Operation Snow white and other exposed criminal actions. 11 of those members were convicted in a court of real law. This purge was claimed for the purposes of PR to say the cult had ethics and was law abiding. Such a claim was pure bullshit, and only to summarize , as the GO members who did not serve time in prison, simply disappeared for a while and came back to work in and or with the Office of Special Affairs.

I don't have the time now but an number of them are known to the public
In contrast, the other 'mass' exits were as you stated....People who actually did their best to carry forward to true enlightenment and true help in the world.

However,having been conned and using a conmans tools of 'help' do not yield true benefit to individuals and the society. Thus 'their best failed and still fails. Absolutes are not included here, as this is ESMB and not Flag, the home of perfect technical failure.:biggrin:

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron

Examples:

This is correct. Similar SP witch hunts like this were being run out of the Flag Bureau without the GO/OSA or the CMO circa late 70s early 80s. The shore story would be that they were helping the field with problems in the local org but they would go to people's homes to investigate and learn the networks, search files of staff and public and order custom sec-checks. Seems they just dropped the pretense after a while.

Note: LRH was still alive and had not yet gone to Creston. This was standard Scientology management.

In a nutshell Jack, they ignore it. It's pure entheta, CI, enemy line. These people believe. Period. They are perhaps the most zealotus of any Scientologists. A friend of my wife and mine completed OT 8 and she was still pretty insouciant when she was on OT 7 with us. After 8 - she was hard line. The further in you get, the more indoctrinated you become. And, sadly, the more you self police. They may read what we write but it never sinks in.

Mimsey

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron

You don't think there was a purge within management by DM? OK. I stand corrected.

Pat and Annie Broeker were shunted aside, there weren't others though?

Anonycat

Crusader
You don't think there was a purge within management by DM? OK. I stand corrected.

Pat and Annie Broeker were shunted aside, there weren't others though?

There was a huge purge, it is well documented. As I recall, missions were invaded by SO and billed $20,000 a day for their presence. This ended missions as it was up until then. And in my observation, all who left between 1974 and 1984, were not scientologists, but just people who discarded the cult wholly, never to entertain a thought of it again. Only the really fucked-up people stayed.

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
There was a huge purge, it is well documented. As I recall, missions were invaded by SO and billed $20,000 a day for their presence. This ended missions as it was up until then. And in my observation, all who left between 1974 and 1984, were not scientologists, but just people who discarded the cult wholly, never to entertain a thought of it again. Only the really fucked-up people stayed.

The mission holders thing I agree with you.

Phenomenon was saying there wasn't a purge when DM came to power.