People silenced by Scientology

Discussion in 'Life After Scientology' started by Veda, Oct 24, 2016.

View Users: View Users
  1. Veda

Veda Sponsor

[​IMG]

This is a problematic question since many of those silenced are unknown except to Scientology. No doubt, there are many public, staff, and Sea Org who have been silenced. Family members who were never members have also been silenced.

Sometimes, this silencing occurs after the person first signs a pre written statement renouncing what he or she had said or written earlier, such as L. Ron Hubbard Jr.

Jon Zegel went a step further and recorded a tape (tape #4) of retractions.

Some, such as Marty Rathbun, seem to have quietly agreed to an arrangement, with Scientology Inc., to attack critics of Scientology while writing defenses of Scientology Inc. that would not be out of place in Scientology Inc.'s Freedom Magazine. To be fair, Marty's situation is yet to be definitively determined.

So there are many variations.

The point is there are - realistically - hundreds, possibly thousands, of people who have, through various means, been gagged, or silenced, by Scientology. Many agreed to this under great pressure, and to protect their families.

Often, such people are of high character and were simply caught in a bind.

While some of these agreements have the power of the legal system behind them, others do not and - like "freeloaders' debts" - derive their power only from the person having been deceived.

IMO, if a list of such people could be made it would be startling.

And wouldn't it be wonderful if those silenced could once again speak freely?

:)

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
  2. dchoiceisalwaysrs

dchoiceisalwaysrs Gold Meritorious Patron

It would be quite a challenge, I imagine, to create a list even if it did not have a name for each entry.
    I suppose a court record search on state, national and international levels would be be one way to start. That said I think there would be a large number of cases which never even reached the courts but were shuddered into silence and I suppose OSA legal could fill in the gaps. Lol
    SP declare lists that were posted on Scientology public bulletin boards by the Scientology anti liberty anti-constitution ' ethics ... Yeah right...' Officers could be included in the research project.
    Human rights advocates teamed up with law students even sociology and political science students could team up and produce a paper on the torts caused and induced by the despicable american born cult of scientifically induced fear,suppressions and domestic terrorism.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
  3. Emma

Emma Mother of Dragons Administrator

If Marty has taken a payoff, it will become known - eventually. Then my sympathies will be with those who have remained loyal to him even after it became clear he had flipped.

Yes it would be wonderful. :biggrin:

4. Miss Ellie

Miss Ellie Patron with Honors

Is saying you are under a GAG order a violation of the GAG order?

If everyone under such an order could say - "I can not talk about IT because I am under a GAG order" - then we would know.

Till then... everyone under a GAG order touch their left year. Good I got that!

Just look at how many there are...

:eyeroll: :eyeroll: :eyeroll: