People you got IN Scientology

Discussion in 'Leaving Scientology' started by Veda, Dec 4, 2018.

View Users: View Users
  1. Veda

Veda Sponsor

Did you ever get them OUT?

[​IMG]

If not, are they still IN?

Does that bother you?

Do you ever hear from them?

Have you written them off? or do you hope to some day extricate them from Scientology?

2. ThetanExterior

ThetanExterior Gold Meritorious Patron

In my 15+ years as a public scientologist I didn't recruit a single person.

It was tough having to suffer the taunts of being a dilettante and the threats of being sent to ethics for not wearing my hat as a Field Staff Member but I was determined not to subject anyone else to the madhouse I was in. My goal was to stay away from staff members as much as possible and get myself up the Bridge. I didn't realise the Bridge was just as full of BS as the orgs themselves.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. ThetanExterior, I can echo that sentiment from my Christian/Catholic days. I was part of a group that actively evangelized people, even strangers, and I never felt comfortable about being a salesman for Christ. It wasn't sold to ME that way in the first place...I was drawn in more through relationships that I admired, not because someone preached to me. Even when I was part of a ministry to AIDS patients on their death beds, I found myself unable to do anything more than listen to them and just be with them. I was supposed to have them repent of whatever got them in that state, and if necessary, baptize them. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  4. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

I personally recruited 3-4 people. They all blew, most in less than a year, thank GOD!

5. DagwoodGum

DagwoodGum Scientology - A Living Quicksand of Souls

My best friend Paul from high school followed me in, in fact he just showed up at my door 6 states away unannounced and got on lines. We were both recruited by a blown Sea Org reg prick from ASSHO starting in Jr High who was the older brother of one of our "friends" - a real fuck of a person too- who's still in pissing away his inheritance at Flag. Good!
    Paul went insane and killed himself though. He wasn't insane in high school, just problematic and I could see the cracks forming as he got involved with strange people through his art classes and began obsessively painting demonic paintings of mutilated bodies, inspired by Salvatore Dali, and would laugh hysterically that they freaked me out.
    People liked him though and he spent years out in L.A. & San Diego, married for awhile to another Scientologist who ripped off his parents who'd lent her most of their savings to get through OT3.
    He worked at a jewelry store in Hollywood owned by a Scientologist named Brian and he loved meeting celebrities!
    He had written me a letter of disconnection after I was publicly out, I laughed with delight actually!
    Years later he was hearing voices telling him to kill himself and tried but was put in a special care home by his dad, who came to my house and tried to talk me into taking him but I was married and my wife sensed he was bad news.
    So he's gone now, maybe for his own good.
    I'm so glad that I was never sure enough about Scientology to try to get any family or other friends involved as I'd seen the cracks early on especially as the price increases started.
    There, that's more than I thought I'd say about it.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018 at 3:28 PM
  6. Wow, Dagwood, thanks for sharing. How many similar stories there must be from Sci and other cults...

7. pineapple

pineapple Patron Meritorious

I got a few people to come in for a lecture early in my scn career while I was still public, but none ever started a course. In my early days on staff I body-routed a few people in (I sucked at body-routing), but none of them ever started either. Maybe a few bought a DMSMH as the price of escape. But I actually never got anyone into scn AFAIK.

In my later days I was an ARCX auditor and tried to recover blown staff and public. I got some into session but never succeeded at getting anyone to come back. While they were giving me their reasons for not wanting to come back I was thinking to myself, "Yeah, I hear you." Rather than me recovering them, it was more like they were slowly pulling me out.