What's new

Peter Greene's children

Nina Wolcott

Peter Greene was my father. I last saw him in March 1955 at the end of my younger brother Philip's funeral. I was born in 1951 and have lived in London England all my life. I know very little about my father. I have an elder half brother named Martin, somewhere; and unknown younger half siblings, plus a nephew called Martin McArthur. I e mailed him once when I discovered him during a web search for information about my father. I must have expressed myself badly as he never replied. I have never had any dealings with Scientology. My purpose in being here is to learn as much as I can about him; and to connect and communicate with the family I never knew. (Until now, I hope) I am an open book, all questions will be freely and honestly answered. My own life has been very weird too.

christopher fairnington
Aloha, Uncle! I am your niece. I knew my grandad briefly when he left Scientology. I know the truth about his departure & you should know he was looking for you before he passed away...

Nina Wolcott

And yes, many of you have kindly told me a lot about my brothers and sister; but it's gone quiet, nothing new in a while and I no nearer finding them. I know there is Peter junior and Karen and another brother. That's great; but that's all too. Anyone able to help further?
There is Karen in California & Lori in Chico... your brother Michael passed away in 1992. He was beautiful. I lost contact with Lori (his actual daughter, not step). But, she had a coffee shop in Chico near the university last I heard.

Nina Wolcott

um, to return to my 'agenda' yes, thanks for asking. So, nothing new from here, as I said, but google continues to produce new leads, especially on the English front. You may remember I have an older brother somewhere in England, named Martin. well now I have learned of a sister who lives pretty near me, and I have her postal address. Her name is Frances. I have also asked for Peter junior's and Karen's birth certificates, and anything that can be found on my other brother, the one whose name is unknown, so slow but steady progress is still the way it is rolling out. Thanks again
Martin went by “David Stewart”. He died in 2009. You have a brother, Julian Stewart up north England & brother, Paul Stewart in surrey. Please go on Instagram @ninaproof & PM me. I am not a Scientologist - I am Lutheran. Your brother, Martin, died a Rabi in Sevierville, Tennessee. He died an angry man who could never forgive grandad for leaving him & his brother....

Nina Wolcott

You said you're open to all questions, but feel free to ignore these personal questions if you'd like. It's none of my business but just am curious.
Why didn't your father maintain a relationship with you over the years? And was Scientology a factor at all?

I'm just curious as I know Scientology has been a contributing factor in ruining many thousands of familial relationships over the years.
My grandad left Scientology due to the fact they were “padding the books as Scientology took a different path than how we started...” I am his granddaughter. He was into new age religion & he was the press secretary until Scientology got greedy.

Nina Wolcott

Your great grandfather worked for the queen & we have a code of arms... my father, Martin, had it. He was Jewish whilst grandad was a gentile. It was a great scandal in the 40s... your brother, Paul Stewart is an editor for one of the popular rags in England. He’s published. Last book was about the last working shirewood horses of the prince of Wales.

CHRISTOPHER FAIRNINGTON

Patron with Honors
Your great grandfather worked for the queen & we have a code of arms... my father, Martin, had it. He was Jewish whilst grandad was a gentile. It was a great scandal in the 40s... your brother, Paul Stewart is an editor for one of the popular rags in England. He’s published. Last book was about the last working shirewood horses of the prince of Wales.
Nina, what a marvellous set of gifts to wake up to! I had thought everything had dried up, especially when I wrote to Peter junior in the States and to Frances in London and received stony silences in reply. Well, I am delighted to meet you. Thanks.
ps my e addy is in my profile here I think

Last edited:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
My grandad left Scientology due to the fact they were “padding the books as Scientology took a different path than how we started...” I am his granddaughter. He was into new age religion & he was the press secretary until Scientology got greedy.
Hi Nina!

Even prior to 1950 when Hubbard wrote Dianetics there were indications that he was heavily motivated by making money and starting a religion as a vehicle to achieve such an end.

Back around 1948-49 he told several people that the only way to make a million dollars was to invent a religion, or something to that effect.
Here's some information concerning that:
When the feds tracked down L. Ron Hubbard’s boast about getting rich by creating a religion
https://tonyortega.org/2016/01/19/w...st-about-getting-rich-by-creating-a-religion/

CHRISTOPHER FAIRNINGTON

Patron with Honors
Hi Nina!

Even prior to 1950 when Hubbard wrote Dianetics there were indications that he was heavily motivated by making money and starting a religion as a vehicle to achieve such an end.

Back around 1948-49 he told several people that the only way to make a million dollars was to invent a religion, or something to that effect.
Here's some information concerning that:
When the feds tracked down L. Ron Hubbard’s boast about getting rich by creating a religion
https://tonyortega.org/2016/01/19/w...st-about-getting-rich-by-creating-a-religion/
I thought the story of Scientology's origins was better known. Hubbard began as a science fiction writer, and, at some writers ' convention, his presentation was about an artificial religion; then he proceeded to do it.

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
I thought the story of Scientology's origins was better known. Hubbard began as a science fiction writer, and, at some writers ' convention, his presentation was about an artificial religion; then he proceeded to do it.
Read
Commodore's Messenger: A Child Adrift in the Scientology Sea Organization (Volume 1) Paperback – July 25, 2017
by Janis Gillham-Grady (Author)
4.5 out of 5 stars 73 customer reviews
Book 1 of 2 in the Commodore's Messenger Series

It only cost $10 used at Amazon.com and has information about Peter Gillham in it's introduction. Turns out he had written "The Fundamentals of Success" that I'd bought right off the org's bookshelf in the mid 70's. I also bought cal-mag formula from his nutritional company as it was widely touted as the best out there.

Last edited: