pics of my cohorts in the sea org

Discussion in 'Reconnecting with Old Friends' started by wigger, Apr 25, 2010.

View Users: View Users
  1. ILived1984!

ILived1984! Patron with Honors

I know a lot of these people. I was at ASHOD from 2002 - 2007.

2. Exesso

Exesso Pleb

I'm late to the party, but I know almost all of these people! Yes, we were constantly tired, under-slept and over-stressed. Being an idealistic teen, I thought it was all for the "greater good"... Ugh!
    i probably know the OP and a few others here.
    Funny to see the pics now. Such a different life.

3. Saywhat

Saywhat New Member

Wow! I'm in a few of these! What a flash back!

4. oneonewasaracecar

oneonewasaracecar Gold Meritorious Patron

Bumping for newbies who are secretly oldbies.

5. beeeaaach

beeeaaach image of time

dude thank you I recognize like half of these people

6. Demented Hubbatd

Demented Hubbatd Patron with Honors

Looks like these people are having good time. I also had a good time when I was at EPF. But the fun lasted for 3 weeks only for me. Then the hard and idiotic work begun in Sea Org. However, I was smart enough to stay in SO for 4 months only,

7. Chris Shelton

Chris Shelton Patron with Honors

I recognize everyone in all these pics. Couldn't name them all, but a lot.

8. beeeaaach

beeeaaach image of time

[​IMG]

Bill Skrivars at the podium, he had a nice deep voice when i knew him

[​IMG]

mike d armon ..

[​IMG]

xenu in her prime (just kidding)

[​IMG]

kurt russell , not the actor
    maybe it was 'kirk'

[​IMG]

and i believe the girl on the left was called "star" ... which was unusual , I had a massive crush on her but we only spoke once because I am shy

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
  9. Gib

Gib Crusader

not for me. I lasted only a week or so. I made it thru the Welcome to the Sea Org course, and then started the next course, something to do with Ethics, I was on course for a day or so, I think, then instead of going to lunch, why I grabbed my few belongings and grabbed a train out of LA. The whole short time period is a blur for me.

I saw peeps running around in black jumper suits and inquired about it, and was told they are RPF. Red flag in my mind at the time, like what am I doing? This doesn't seem fun.

One of my bunkies was Peter Schless, I asked him about his joining and he said he was a honorary member. I think he was a little disappointed because I had no idea of who he was.

I think I was on the fast track since I do not recall doing any mest work. Or maybe once one finishes a few courses, then one does mest work?

That whole time period sucked big time and is actually a hole in my mind. It was so surreal. Here's the kicker, I recovered myself to rejoin the group since I read a lot of Hubbard's books and listened to a lot of his lectures and thought he knew. And I did not want a freeloader debt since I was recruited to join the Sea Org from a Org nor did I want to be declared an SP. :melodramatic: That was 24 years ago, oh boy.

It was 1992 or so, just when DM was really taking over and Mike Rinder and Marty Rathbun where Int Management. At the time I thought those guys were the OT of OT's, the elite of the elite. And here they are saying it's all bullshit. Gotta laugh.

From 1992 to about 2012 I had never seen the LRH death event. What an eye opener after one see's what BS it all is.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
  10. beeeaaach

beeeaaach image of time

[STRIKE][/STRIKE]
    yes please

11. katzen

katzen Patron

This is a really old post, but I have to comment because I recognize so many of these young faces and it really brings be back! While being in the Sea Org as an actual kid was exhausting, bizarre and sometimes scary... For a lot of us there were many fun times with friends. Often doing "out ethics" things, or whatever. Those are my good memories.

I think the original poster of these pictures is probably a little older than me and was probably in the Sea Org a little bit before I joined. I was a little younger than most of the people in these photos, but I shared a dorm with at least 3 of the girls in these photos and was close to 2 of them. I reconnected with one of the young men in these photos several years post- Sea Org and was briefly friends with his group of ex Sea Org/vaguely Scientologist young adults, but it was all just a little much for me so I guess I purposely lost touch.

I have pictures that look so much like these... tired looking kids having fun with friends whenever they can have a chance.

For people who have said cameras weren't allowed: I don't know how it is now, but when I was there I always had those disposable cameras and no one ever once said a single thing to me about not being allowed to take pictures.

12. dchoiceisalwaysrs

dchoiceisalwaysrs Gold Meritorious Patron

Welcome Katzen. Was Hubbard still alive when you got in?

13. katzen

katzen Patron

I found a lot of pictures from around this same time period at PAC Base, but I'm not really comfortable posting most of them at this time. Since I am no longer in contact with any of these people, I feel weird posting their pictures I guess. Although some of them may be here in this forum. Who knows!

For now, until I decide what I do and do not want to post, I'll leave you with a picture that summarizes my experience pretty well:

[​IMG]

This is the door to the berthing unit where I lived most of my time in the Sea Org. It was to my knowledge the largest unit for girls there, and the conditions were pretty gross. There were at least 30 people, and the metal bunks went 3 high of course. Not the fancy 2 high wooded bunks with ladders my parents and I were shown when I was recruited at age 12.

Anyway, you probably can't read the sign on the door. It says: "Look out! The glass is broken from the window" and then the same thing in Spanish I guess. At this time this berthing was mostly young girls and older Hispanic women who spoke almost zero English who were brought in from another country. I'm not 100% sure which country because I didn't speak Spanish. I was there when this window broke, and it cut the foot of one of these older ladies. Blood was spurting everywhere. I don't know who wrote this sign, but clearly the glass and blood weren't actually cleaned up on any sort of timely fashion. In all likelihood they expected the lady who got cut to do it herself.

14. cakemaker

cakemaker Patron Meritorious

you could pixellate the faces of anyone who you think would care.
    thanks for the pictures.