Please help me understand IQ tests and scores post Scientology.

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Mike Laws, Jun 13, 2013.

View Users: View Users
  1. F.Bullbait

F.Bullbait Oh, a wise guy,eh?

Ya, I'm that guy asking the question when the sign is too big to read.

Another classic...

[​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  2. ThetanExterior

ThetanExterior Gold Meritorious Patron

I remember taking an IQ test at my local org and I thought it was ridiculously easy. There were some real thickos walking around thinking they were geniuses after taking that test. Years later I did the Mensa test and passed. That was a real IQ test; supervised and timed.

I think some people have the wrong idea about IQ tests. They are not a test of knowledge or long words or anything like that. It's simply an ability to solve problems. I left school at 16 so I often feel left out if I have to converse with "educated" people but set me a problem to solve and I love it.

• Like Like x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • List
  3. DagwoodGum

DagwoodGum Conspiracy Analyst III

Are not synonyms, antonyms "anything like that"? I had plenty of them on my versions 40 & 45 yrs ago. Lot's of problem solving too and they took the most time to read through and work out which was the answer. But as the answers were all multiple choice one could cull out the obvious wrong answers before finishing working the problem out and guess at the correct answer if one was adept at multiple choice exams. I scored better each of the 3 times I took the test but never did take the actual Mensa test as I had no interest in the ego gratification end of it. I only took the tests when required. The 3 I took including the one at the morgue were supervised and timed, the morgue test was administered by the EO which I can't fathom what was the reason for it.

4. ThetanExterior

ThetanExterior Gold Meritorious Patron

Synonyms? Antonyms? I'd have to google those words to see what they mean. Yet I passed the Mensa test. As far as I recall it was all problem solving. Nothing to do with things you may have learnt at school.

The scientology IQ test? Pffft. I laughed when I was given it. I thought it must be a joke. I remember one staff member saying that since all scientologists obviously have a high IQ (based on the results of this dumb test) we should all join Mensa and use our influence to do things to help scientology. I didn't say anything in case I got routed to Ethics but my first thought was they should stop giving this test to scientologists because it's so easy that everyone who takes it thinks they're a genius.

• Like Like x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • List
  5. DagwoodGum

Wow, you're smart! I had not realized this before.

6. screamer2

screamer2 Occam's Ball Crusher

Well, it certainly wouldn't do to have the clams thinking they were just lowly clams now, would it?

7. DagwoodGum

Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me that when you took the Scientology version of the IQ test if they didn't have a sliding scale of IQ points that would be added to your true score depending on the amount of services you'd received in order to fool people as to how much smarter they were after Scientology services and the glowing endorsements they could then expect from you across the various PR wires as a result of such psychological trickery...
    But I have no evidence of that, one way or another. Just saying that I wouldn't be surprised.