What's new

Private Eye Confesses He Was Paid By The Church Of Scientology (Marty & Monique suit)

Anonycat

Crusader
Private Eye Confesses He Was Paid By The Church Of Scientology

The Church of Scientology paid a private investigator to trail its high-ranking defector, it’s been claimed in court documents, a man who has claimed he personally audited Tom Cruise and recorded the Hollywood megastar’s private confessionals.

As part of a major harassment lawsuit filed by Marty Rathbun‘s wife against the church, Scientologist David Lubow, a noted Scientology sleuth, submitted a sworn affidavit in which he admitted he was paid for his services and to make a documentary about the activities of the former Inspector General, who left the church in 2004.

“At no time did I nor anyone working under my direction or in coordination with me, undertake any unlawful actions or actions which would violate the privacy of Monique Rathbun. Indeed, the investigation was targeted at Mark Rathbun and Monique was at best tangentially involved because she lived with Rathbun and she was engaged with him in the business of delivering ‘Scientology’ services in violation of religious trademarks.

“In March 2011, I learned that Church of Scientology International was willing to provide assistance and some funding for Scientologists who wished to demonstrate against what were perceived as heinous acts by Rathbun.”

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2...un-lawsuit-church-hired-private-investigator/

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
Re: Private Eye Confesses He Was Paid By The Church Of Scientology (Marty & Monique s

“In March 2011, I learned that Church of Scientology International was willing to provide assistance and some funding for Scientologists who wished to demonstrate against what were perceived as heinous acts by Rathbun.”

Heinous acts? Really? :duh:

henious: utterly odious or wicked

synonyms

odious, wicked, evil, atrocious, monstrous, abominable, detestable, contemptible, reprehensible, despicable, egregious, horrific, terrible, awful, abhorrent, loathsome, hideous, unspeakable, execrable

No one on earth does hyperbole better (or worse) than COS and their lawyers.

So silly and transparent and amusing. :hysterical:

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
Re: Private Eye Confesses He Was Paid By The Church Of Scientology (Marty & Monique s

Yup, the ol' "I never-did-nothin'-wrong' schtick. Old crap is older than any of us here :whistling:

PI's know a culty gig is good money, very few have the integrity to tell them to fuck off, as by the time cult approaches them they seem to be desperate (or totally immoral), and given the number of disgraced cops who opt for such a 'career', really comes as no surprise. Take ol' Eugene for example, just reeking of culty-slime, still one of their lil' buddies and a right cunt ( a term I never use lightly) from all I've been able to follow him on. LRon loved having mercenaries, people to do their dirty work and divest themselves of any info's, why should DM be any different, hey, its how they rok-n-roll.

sick cult is sick imho.

Heinous acts? Really? :duh:

henious: utterly odious or wicked

synonyms

odious, wicked, evil, atrocious, monstrous, abominable, detestable, contemptible, reprehensible, despicable, egregious, horrific, terrible, awful, abhorrent, loathsome, hideous, unspeakable, execrable

No one on earth does hyperbole better (or worse) than COS and their lawyers.

So silly and transparent and amusing. :hysterical:

lol!

marty rathbone heinous?

the closest he ever came to being heinous was when he was in good standing on post!

Anonycat

Crusader
Re: PI David Lubow Confesses He Was Paid By The Church Of Scientology

Last line quoted from above link:

I'm curious to see if a response will be provided.

JB

They have an interesting mix of things to consider.

1) Scientology paid for the stalking costs and fees.

2) They were going after Marty, and Monique is collateral damage.

3) Oh right, and there is no documentary or 'reality show', as was the reason for the video.

4) Oh right, Bert said that it was to make their life a 'living hell'.

5) Who can we call a lair and a bigot? How about the woman of color who is actually the person who brought suit? Hmmm.

No comment.

JBWriter

Happy Sapien

They have an interesting mix of things to consider.

1) Scientology paid for the stalking costs and fees.

2) They were going after Marty, and Monique is collateral damage.

3) Oh right, and there is no documentary or 'reality show', as was the reason for the video.

4) Oh right, Bert said that it was to make their life a 'living hell'.

5) Who can we call a lair and a bigot? How about the woman of color who is actually the person who brought suit? Hmmm.

No comment.

Yep, not an enviable position to be in for Co$, Anonycat.

IIRC, the declaration executed by David Lubow (dated October 16, 2013) was the first time he averred his affiliation with Co$ -- as a member, not solely as a PI engaged to work on its behalf.

Prior to that declaration's entry into the public's view, would any of his potential clients have known about his personal affiliation with Co$? :confused2:

JB

Anonycat

Crusader

IIRC, the declaration executed by David Lubow (dated October 16, 2013) was the first time he averred his affiliation with Co$ -- as a member, not solely as a PI engaged to work on its behalf.

Prior to that declaration's entry into the public's view, would any of his potential clients have known about his personal affiliation with Co$? :confused2:

JB

I forgot the Zinger in my list: the cult did not issue a C&D to Marty, so that makes their after-the-fact excuse of copyright infringement kind of weak.

About potential clients - my guess would be that people who research expensive associates would know that (he's pretty Googlable) he's associated with CoS litigation, and the other kinds of clients are the ones he could boast to that he's been paid $2,000 an hour by clients such as scientology.

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron

Let us pause for a moment to recall that "the most ethical group on Earth" spent several years

vociferously denying having any connection whatsoever to the Squirrelbusters.

Telling the truth is always the last resort​ for Scientology.

RogerB

Crusader

JB

That is an interesting point about him "being a member" of the Cof$.

Presumably he is an IAS member, etc., etc.

Now, in the corporate world context, crimes committed by members of the organization also cause the organization to be held guilty . . . . that's why you see all those criminal actions by regulators against corporations and often no action against the individual.

Based on info to date, I'd say the actions against the plaintiff in this case amount to the Texas crime of stalking . . . .

This can only get better for we spectators . . .

R

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Last line quoted from above link:

I'm curious to see if a response will be provided.

JB

Just saw their response. . .

Originally Posted by Karen Pouw

In stark contrast to the negative generalities being hurled at us, we specifically deny everything everyone says about us everywhere.

Furthermore, if anything bad did happen anywhere at any time (which we adamantly deny) it was provably done by others. In such cases, we undertook heroic, monumental and unprecedented humanitarian efforts to prevent, stop and/or remedy those bad things, at great expense and peril, without concern for our own well being.

Finally, fully consistent with our position and stated policies on the foregoing, if anything good happened anywhere on this planet at any time, we take full responsibility for it.

MissWog

Silver Meritorious Patron

Quick question... How does Radar claim exclusive on this stuff? Doesn't Tony have this too? Aren't the depositions public record? Maybe JB or dchoice know off the top of their heads?

“In the context of this assignment, I performed (investigations regarding) Mark Rathbun,” Lubow wrote in the document, obtained exclusively by RadarOnline.com.