What's new

Project Normandy

Hi ESMB!

My name is Paul, aka "Chico". I'm a crazy old hippie. On ESMB, Dulloldfart is Paul so call me Chico.

I've only been in an "org" once. It was in the early 70's one gray winter morning in the Hotel... Montego (?) near Times Square. I took the personality test and a decent, pleasant, warm young man told me I was pretty fucked up and I needed scientology or I would die young after ruining the lives of everyone near and dear to me. The place was full of people with creepy "Village Of The Damned" staring eyeballs. I bought a copy of Dianetics which I still have but have never read.

I stumbled on ESMB a few years ago and became intrigued with the FCDC thread. In the late '70s I lived in the Perkiomen Valley south of Allentown Pa and for three years worked in a small furniture factory run by a man and woman who had been on staff at FCDC. I got to meet Mystic, Uncle Sam, Nozeno and maybe some other posters. WOW!!! Mystic is one high holy hell of a swingin' dick!

I recently found out about Project Normandy on Wiki. Is there a Project Normandy thread? Does anyone know anything about Project Normandy?

WTF is an "org" anyway?

It appears to be a synonym for church or temple or shrine from outer space, like if Robin Williams on TV had been Morg from Org instead of Mork from Ork it wouldn't change the show one iota unless his ethereal honcho were Elron instead of Orson Welles.

What is the etemology of "org"?

Does it have an etymology or did it just spring from The Founder's head like Aphrodite from the head of Zeus?

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
WTF is an "org" anyway?

It appears to be a synonym for church or temple or shrine from outer space, like if Robin Williams on TV had been Morg from Org instead of Mork from Ork it wouldn't change the show one iota unless his ethereal honcho were Elron instead of Orson Welles.

Does it have an etymology or did it just spring from The Founder's head like Aphrodite from the head of Zeus?

It's not that difficult mate, it's simply an abbreviation of the word 'organisation'. For example, London org is the organisation's location in London. Got it?

It's not that difficult mate, it's simply an abbreviation of the word 'organisation'. For example, London org is the organisation's location in London. Got it?

I first walked into an orque in the early seventies so in more than forty years THE OBVIOUS!!! never occurred to me.

Does this mean I am as stupid as a bag of hammers?

Hypatia

Pagan
WTF is an "org" anyway?

Org is short for organization. It is where intro and intermediate seevices are sold and taken. It is one echelon up from a mission which is intro level, and it is an echelon below Advanced and Saint Hill orgs(organizations).

Jump

Operating teatime
Org is short for organization. It is where intro and intermediate seevices are sold and taken. It is one echelon up from a mission which is intro level, and it is an echelon below Advanced and Saint Hill orgs(organizations).

Also short for Morgue. A highly formally decorative building generally empty and only occupied for ceremonial occasions. In this case, a visit by a diminutive midget, when people will be rostered to carry clipboards and look busy.

I went and smoked some pot and then i doubled over laughing at myself for half an hour. I've known many people who were in scientology and they often spoke of orgs but I never asked. In fact when I dropped acid and went and saw a Tolkien of the Rings movie it made wonder if they were saying "orcs".

So a few years ago I had this weird acid trip where I thought the movie was warning people against scientology orcs.

I almost choked laughing about that.