psychotherapy & consciousness expansion

Discussion in 'Human Potential, Self Discovery' started by Veda, Jun 23, 2018.

View Users: View Users
  1. Veda

Veda Sponsor

[​IMG]Scientology discredited the dream by inserting brainwashing methodologies into psychotherapy followed by spiritual exploration.

Can the dream be salvaged?

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  2. George Layton

George Layton Silver Meritorious Patron

Sure, just look somewhere other than scientology.

3. F.Bullbait

F.Bullbait Oh, a wise guy,eh?

Maybe you meant to say 'spiritual exploitation'.

4. Veda

Veda Sponsor

Some background

[​IMG]

In 1937 a book titled, 'The Middle Pillar' by Israel Regardie was published. It's very likely that Hubbard was aware if this book.

Wrote Regardie:
    [Psycho-therapeutic] Analysis is the logical precursor of spiritual attainment and Magical experiment...
    Not until the mind and the emotional system have been cleansed and unified by the cathartic process... can the full spiritual benefits of magical work be reflected into the mind of man.
    ...We should remember the parables of the archaic philosophical religions whose fundamental tenet was that within man was a spirit, a dynamic center of consciousness which, because of its contact and association with matter, had been plunged into a profound sleep, a kind of somnambulism...
    By endeavoring to extend the horizon of consciousness, to enlarge the field of awareness so as to embrace what previously was unconscious, is obviously a logical method.
    To become aware of all our actions, our thoughts and emotions and unsuspected motives, to regard them in their true light as actually they are and not as we would like them to be or as we would wish an onlooker to perceive them. It requires, to take this step, an extraordinary degree of honesty and courage...
    The more of this suppressed and forgotten material stored in this at one time unknown or dormant side of our nature that can be raised to the clear light of day, by exactly so much do we awake from the inert stupor into which we have in the past been plunged.

________​

And then would come "spiritual exercises."

For those excited about such ideas, who have stumbled into Scientology, broadly denouncing everything does not help to extricate them from Scientology.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  5. F.Bullbait

F.Bullbait Oh, a wise guy,eh?

Well, Scientology may once have been about spiritual exploration; by the time I got there, it was mostly about vending Ron's predigested crap...

[​IMG]

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • List
  6. Dave B.

Dave B. Maximus Ultimus Mostimus

It would be about separating the scientology wheat (if any) from the $cientological chaff, wouldn't it?

7. Clay Pigeon

Clay Pigeon Silver Meritorious Patron

There is very interesting work in many places...

Including in the works of Hubbard

8. Clay Pigeon

The wheat (if any) is within us...

The question of scientology is it of any value to cultivating and harvesting the wheat within...

9. Veda

Veda Sponsor

Ummm.... Did I say Scientology was about spiritual exploration?

Don't think so.

But a lot of people thought it was.

[​IMG]

10. lotus

lotus autonomous rebellous

I'd say there is a tremendous amount of hidden wisdom in LRH works and words :p

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • List
  11. Clay Pigeon

AHHHH...

Irony.

Deft, Lotus; pop the top on a tall cold brewski; you earned it...

12. Clay Pigeon

Veda...

It is about spiritual exploration if the student makes it about spiritual exploration

13. lotus

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh
    Birdie

Finally someone who recognize my efforts to validate LRH :p

Have a good day!

14. Clay Pigeon

Would it be ironic to say I hope you never have to seek the hidden wisdom in the enforced blandishments of psychiatry?

15. lotus

We are talking about LRH here...
    Psychiatry is another topic...

Birdie,
    I am sorry to tell you that if you think LRH and his ''tehk'' is salvaging the planet from the evil psychs..you got it wrong for:

1) the evil psychs (reincarrnations of the evil psychlos who want to take over are a fabulation of a mentally ill LRH)
    2) LRH never ever did any harm to the psychs..most of the don't even know who he is neither what $cientology is...He never had such power...

I'd like to remind you that priorly to his hate of psychs in general, LRH seek their help for his troubled psyche...
    which let me suspicious about his honnesty...since his very personnal experience is not one of being harmed..but one of being denied help by USA military forces. I don't trust his motives about psychs..He didn't give a fuck of either yours or my mental health .....he was known to be spiteful hater holding grudges for a lifetime (SP declares)
    Regarding your present state Birdie, LRH would consider you and me not worthy of any help (degraded beings)..but many psychiatrists and all psychologists are there to truly help their suffering fellow human being to overcome difficult times .

Also, we are not anymore in 1950...many psychiatrists are practicing using techniques that you probably don't have a clue about..CBT, EMDR, etc...although I do prefer psychologists as they don't use drugs, but only therapies - proven effective therapies.

Thus, would it be ironic to say that I hope you never deprive you of such professional help in the event you find yourself suffering and needing so. :cool:
    AFAIAC, I remain proud to have overcome my $cientology prejudices about psychotherapy and therapists and did accept such help that was offered to me last year, thus I could see for myself. It was an emergency need and I can say that my therapist, a wonderful dedicated lady who is so lovely and caring, litterally saved my life in an extremely tough situation that no human being should be exposed to... and she helped me with such a great courage.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
    • For you For you x 1
    • List
  16. Clay Pigeon

Lotus...

Most of my suffering is related to having twice been subject to psychiatric lynching. The first time started at Bellevue in NYC July of 1975 where I was drugged into paralysis, beaten and sodomized continuing to the VA psychiatric facility in Bedford Mass which though not nearly so bad quite bad enough. I had recovered enough to be marginally functional by December but my first smile in many months did not come until March of '76. I regained sane health quickly after that and was a bright strong hearty young man when my son Ian was born in October (though I would not learn of Quentin's tragic demise until 2007 Ian was born the same day Q was found unconscious in a car)

When the old boyfriend of Ian's mother appeared in 1980 Hell broke out shortly thereafter and I was incarcerated w/o warrant in the Northwest Psychiatric facility when two days after the birth of our third son their mother called it quits on me.

My father's life was shortened by twice receiving multiple ECT

Nor is there any shortage of psych horror stories.

Yes.

Thank god...

It's not so bad as it was

It's still pretty goddam bad Lotus

17. lotus

the horrors you describes don't happen anymore (or are not supposed to happen) with professionals today, neither in hospitals. (only perhaps ect , in some occasions, which is cruel and should be banned)

I am very sorry you have been that much harmed by people who were supposed to help you.

Since the venue of psychologists, everything has changed...
    and the situation is not the same today, there are laws and professional ethics code that rule the psychiatry and psychology practices, either in hospital or private.

According to some psychologists that I know of they too don't support any harmful psychiatric practice and they are the one who come to the defense of human rights in this field of practice and psychiatric wards.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
  18. Clay Pigeon

There have been HUGE reforms...

OTOH...

There is recently a return to "psychosurgery"; apparently from the little I know, they are performing a sort of miniature lobotomy/leucotomy.

And the real big ticket item which remains is the ignorance and suppression of man's spiritual nature.

Another thing which at this venue tends to soar as a lead balloon is the immense influence of students of dianetics on the reforms which have occurred.

I don't know what the future holds. CoS is nothing like what it once was and it was seriously flawed then. A CoS with a Sea Org core which builds a separate reality invalidating virtually everything including itself isn't going to be much use to anyone except those who want Hubbard's work tossed on the trash heap of History

19. lotus

Birdie,
    The problem with Hubbards's ''work''

is

there has never ever been something that can be called Hubbard's ''work''....

:oops:

20. strativarius

strativarius Comfortably Numb

What proof do you have of 'Man's Spiritual Nature'?

ETA: My sig implies that I myself don't discount the possibility of 'man's spiritual nature'. What I take exception to is the way you glibly roll out the phrase as though it were a cast iron certainty.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2018