psychotherapy & consciousness expansion

Discussion in 'Human Potential, Self Discovery' started by Veda, Jun 23, 2018.

View Users: View Users
  1. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

You're just spouting some LRH BS here. Not all psychologists and psychiatrists have the same beliefs with regards to our nature.

And unlike Scientology, the fields of Psychology and Psychiatry are evolving, working to develop better techniques all the time.
    https://www.amazon.com/Spiritually-Integrated-Psychotherapy-Understanding-Addressing/dp/1609189930

Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. lotus

lotus autonomous rebellous

Hello Stratyboy,

Funny you mentionned that!
    Late, yesterday night , a friend of mine and I, enjoyed a refreshing drink on a bistro terrace
    He is a paramedic and he has been in situations
    of people dying.
    We actually were talking about a common friend who died recently.

He asked me: Do you think she is somewhere watching over us or she doesn't exist anymore in any form ???
    I said: I don't have a clue...I don't know, how about you ???
    He said: I don't know..

So we had a discussion about life after death, which innevitably lead to the universe and infinite nature of life but our mortal nature.
    Why would we be immortals, when a flower dies..but something different when we human die ??? Why????

Our conclusion was that our ignorance is so vast, that it takes courage to face it (the unknowingness) and to stay away of religious beliefs created by men to control others...to admit we don't know and have no clue takes courage...thus in case there is something , another journey for us..we both think it's appropriate to get prepared for it and keep an open mind and to keep our critical mind that no god may have written a book....

(Actually this is a vulnerable spot $cientology uses...the uncomfortable state of being uncertain...to replace it by certainty (mentaly ill fantasies of LRH) ..feeling comfortable with a turn key provided certainty is very comfortable and worth lot of money....

There is nothing we can assert and there is nothing we can deny...

Is there a god ??? a superior , a divine spirit that created all this ???

It ended up like you mentions..we don't even know about our spiritual nature ...we only know that our mental may be more developped and sophisticated that other living beings, so that we have such self-awareness of beingness...
    but are we non-mortal spirit\souls ??? we don't know.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. lotus

AS a matter of fact,

A large amount of psychologists are now integrating mindfulness meditation practice in their clinical practice. (which is taken from zen buddhism practice)
    The therapis I see trained me in cardiac coherence breathing..it's a fantastic technique.

It is sad that some people will remain in deep suffering (caused by past traumatic events or abuse) but avoid demanding help from a competent therapist because they are imprinted with LRH's fervent hatred ,back in the 40's....

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. strativarius

strativarius Comfortably Numb

Great post!

I've been called a materialist/reductionist by some on this board in the past, mainly because of my faith in scientists and the scientific method etc. etc.

However, there have been those very few occasions, particularly in my youth, when I believe I had a 'peek behind the curtain' into some sort of unworldly realm, and whether hallucination or some kind of insight into a 'higher consciousness' I can still recall the feeling of elation and inner peace and calm that came with it. Who knows???

...having a dring on a bar terasse... Very few of us have ever had one of those Lotus, believe me. ;)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • List
  5. Type4_PTS

Some who were severely damaged by Scientology were terrified of those most able to help them.

LRH successfully installed phobias in us; the fear of Psych's! :omg:

What I fail to understand is why the Psych's don't put more effort into educating society about how destructive Scientology and other cults can be.

6. lotus

I can assure you that most of them don't even know abotu LRH or $cientology.
    We have to keep in mind that $cientology is a very tiny little cult!sect among the cultist movement.

They don't even equal JW

Also, theydon't know about $cientology hate campaign agains psychs (their protest and stoopid museum of death are not give media coverage...for being unimportant events)

and last, it doesn't belong to the field of psychiatry or psychology to oppose cult movements since it has to do with people's beliefs.
    Their role is to help people demanding help...opposing their $cientology belief would go against their deontology.

I would say that sociologists are the very people who would be in a position to make a thorough study of what Scientology is and to educate abotu it..when they are not bought by the cult...

but seriously, who would know the true nature of the cult and engage in such expose ???? In the event you have a family, are not wealthy and would like to have your cat still alive....

7. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

There are many more problems and more serious ones than
    fear of cults. 10 years of training would be wasted trying to deal with that. A few years in a cult is far better training. Then you get the like of Karen D La Carriere, hurricane Leah and Mike Rinder Marty and very many others. Many of those who write
    about new religious movements have at one time been part of one.

8. lotus

:D

I am sorry
    typing error
    and bad translation :oops:

:: We enjoyed a refreshing drink on a bistro terrace :: ;)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • List
  9. lotus

Jezus....

How can I forget such important historical facts... :melodramatic:

I must admit there have been testimonies about who created this universe...yes...
    Long time ago when I was practicing fooling people with a procedure called auditing (which I taughg was a sort of psychotherapy...lol)

I got some pc (patient on their way to go the psych ward) formally attesting seriously they were the great spirit who made this universe andd other planet to explode and be created..yes...you all know that..It happened to you too...

And at the end of the session, we brought them to attest, hands on the lie detector soup cans, they had wins from this session..and their needle was floating..meaning they felt great with that...

that leads me to change my mind and assert: This universe has been created by many $cientologists :laugh:

10. Clay Pigeon

Clay Pigeon Patron Meritorious

Proof?

None.

Astonishingly so for so many experiences have every appearance of greatly substantive result.

Now if you would do us both the favor of unruffling your feathers...

Printed communication doesn't carry nuances of voice and we (myself as much as others) tend to dub in the tones we project on others writing and the greater the dissonance between opinion the great the aural warp.

If you hear glib cast iron certainty in my writing it's aural warp

gotta run...

11. Type4_PTS

Scientology is tiny in terms of their membership numbers but more and more people are becoming aware of them these days due to the documentaries, TV shows, media reports, books, etc.

And Scientologists (via their CCHR front group) have had a presence outside the annual conventions of the APA (American Psychiatric Association), protesting and handing out CCHR propaganda. So I'm quite sure that they're aware of the hate campaigns.

With regards to the Psych's "opposing cult movements", that's not something I meant to suggest. I wrote:
    The Psych's can do more to help educate the general public about cults in general. How to identify them and how to protect yourself against getting sucked in. They have addressed the subject to a degree, but mostly in publications directed to a limited audience. A couple examples are below:

Lessons from Jonestown (American Psychological Association's website)
    http://www.apa.org/monitor/nov03/jonestown.aspx

Clinical Update on Cults (Psychiatric Times)
    http://www.psychiatrictimes.com/cultural-psychiatry/clinical-update-cults

12. Type4_PTS

I suspect you misunderstood my post you're responding to. I didn't write anything about a "fear of cults". :no:

The issue of cults though IS a serious issue. Some terrorists are created by political cults which utilize methods very similar to religious cults.

Scientology can easily be tweaked a tiny bit to get true believers engaged in Fair Game campaigns to go out and commit violence in the name of the Greatest Good. And it's already been done by the Guardians Office and OSA.

13. lotus

I see!

But in my country it's another situation, not at all like in USA.
    $cientology means nothing and psychs usually stay away of specific ''religious and cult'' organisations which are legally operating (for example JW or other religous sects) but may certainly educate about cult trap in general although I can't remember one who did it. It's really more sociologist who educate about that issue.

I only recall they made public exposing and education re: terrorist groups indoctrination like DAESH (isis)

I am glad to know that in USA, they expose though! (where $cientology has a major grip on governements, politics, police dept...etc...)

14. Type4_PTS

While I'm sure the Psych's are aware of the Scientologists here they've not done anything to date (that I'm aware of) to counter them or any other specific cult.

I did hear that someone was set to address the subject of Scientology within an APA convention, but never got confirmation as to whether it was done or what the reaction from the audience was.

OK, I just found a video uploaded by Mark Bunker back in 2009. It shows a protest organized by CCHR in front of an APA convention, and includes an interview with the President of the American Psychiatric Association who responds to it, and refers to CCHR/Scientology as a "hate group".

15. lotus

Thanks.

One thing I too would have liked to see is that psychiatrists expose human abuse also within their rank, when and where it is still happening.
    That would have made it not possible that psychiatry would have become a $cientology button to triggers among the population (mental abuse) and thus pretend they were into protecting mankind from human rights and mental abuse.

:cool:

16. Clay Pigeon

Clay Pigeon Patron Meritorious

Yes Pitsy, 'tis so.

Scientology is not evolving and worse much of Hubbard's writing is topical and fused with the times mostly of the fifties and sixties and somewhat the seventies

Psychiatry still SUCKS!!! Pitsy. Thank God many of it's worst horrors have been shagged back.

Yes. That is a generality and there is variety; some shrinks suck like all HELL and some don't suck too bad. Many have made some halfway decent contributions; Freud, Jung, Fromm, Berne et. al.

You are adamant in condemning Hubbard's work as BS. So be it.

I derived tremendous benefit from the study and shall remain firm in saying so.

However, when I come down with a case of body thetans I will continue to stop by the ER to pick up a tube of Quell