Question on Louie Theroux's documentary (Jeff Hawkin's mentions dead bodies)?

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Dirty Den Watts, Sep 27, 2017.

View Users: View Users
  1. Just a quick question

I was watching Louie Theroux's B B C documentary "My Scientology movie" and when Jeff Hawkins was asked about Marty Rathbun, he said he knows where the bodies are buried

Was this meant metaphorically or did he mean that literally?

And why do you think Louie Theroux didn't ask him to explain it further?

2. Bill

Bill Silver Meritorious Patron

Although people have died in Scientology, Jeff was speaking metaphorically.

3. Miss Ellie

Miss Ellie Patron with Honors

It is the live bodies we have no clue to geographic location. Where is Shelly? Where is DM?

4. ThetanExterior

ThetanExterior Goldenrod SP

It's just an expression meaning he has insider information. It has nothing to do with actual dead bodies.

Louis didn't ask him to explain because it's a common expression that he's probably heard hundreds of times.

5. Northern Shewolf

Northern Shewolf Patron Meritorious

Well he may never have "buried" any bodies, but he certainly had a hand in directing the hush-hush of Lisa McPherson's descent into starvation and death.
    Add the story I remember reading on ESMB, that of his being involved in a car chase of a runaway member ending in his death hit by a car driven by Marty, or some other Sciloon this at an intersection by Big Blue.
    And the whole mess of Monique's lawsuit on which we all had invested hope to see it end up in the firing of the best team of experienced, dedicated lawyers and some kind of underhanded super secretive deal between DM and MR; Monique was the organ grinder's monkey in this piece of handiwork....
    Plus he has become very skittish and clammed up tight since the marvelously revealing "My Scientology Movie"; Louis Theroux left him hollowed out so no wonder he has crawled under a figurative rock.
    I had hoped that acquiring a semblance of family life signified remorse and a conscience, alas he was just playing the organ while the monkey did a dance.
    Shewolf

6. Gizmo

Gizmo Rabble Rouser

No doubt that Maartay knows much more, very much more than he has revealed.

Someone might ask ' WHY? ' would Maartay keep his mouth shut about some of his activities & I'd suggest it'd come under the statue of limitations - which may not have run out on some of the stuff he did for his cult.

And, IMHO, by keeping secrets he lets himself feel important. To me, he's always just been a punk.