Quora: Mainstream World Discusses Scientology

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Reports from Newspapers, Blogs, and ' started by RogerB, Sep 20, 2017.

View Users: View Users
  1. RogerB

RogerB Crusader

I have been getting lots of requests from an on-line question and answer forum named Quora for information regarding Scientology. This recent couple of weeks I have been getting them daily.

This is an opportunity for we ex-community to answer the questions from folks out there "who want to know." . . .

I include below some traffic to me this morning . . . note the "upvotes" . . . you guys who care can go to the site and also "upvote" this stuff . . . obviously an "upvote" means GOOD. You can also chip in your views.

Number 1

[​IMG]
    New Upvote
    Roland Aldridge (followed by Hank Levin) upvoted your answer to: What are the basic principles of Scientology?

Your answer has 2 upvotes.

View Answer

Number 2

[​IMG]
    New Upvote
    Arnaldo Lerma upvoted your answer to: Why is Scientology tax exempt?

Your answer has 1 upvote.

View Answer

Number 3

[​IMG]
    New Comment
    Aharon Friedman commented on your answer "The basic principles of Scientology are that we are each spiritual Beings . . . referred to in Sc...":

The belief that man is a spiritual being dates back Buddhism, Judaism, and perhaps even earlier. Hubbard just adapted the concept, and presented it as his big discovery. Nothing is further from the truth. Scientology is about exploiting people for the benefit of its leader. This is the basic principle of Scientology.

View Comments

2. EZ Linus

EZ Linus Patron with Honors

I love this stuff. Unfortunately, I think you have to use your real name to get an account in order to participate? I won't be "coming out" until after I can publish my book.

3. Cat's Squirrel

Cat's Squirrel Gold Meritorious Patron

I have an account on Quora and post there, under my real name as is normally required.

You can however post there anonymously if you have good reason - for example, a victim of abuse who had reason to fear his or her abuser discovering their true identity. I'm pretty sure an ex-Scientologist would also qualify and for the same reason.

4. EZ Linus

EZ Linus Patron with Honors

Thank's Cat's Squirrel. I was able to make an account with my alias and answer one question so far. I may go back and get into more dialog, but just like this forum, it is time consuming. At least I have an account now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List